The Student Room Group

Woman brandishes childs severed head in Moscow

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z33

But okay then, this woman has obviously got some sort of mental illness, no sane human being can commit such vile acts. She's also a nanny, who was clearly trusted by the parents to take care of this child. I don't know if they have a history with her or not but she must've looked good for the job on paper. Also I'd like to point out that even though there may be verses in the Quran you can claim to encourage murder, even if there are Ahadith that encourage such vile acts, they all exclude children. I'm sure you cant find anything anywhere suggesting killing a child in the name of Islam is a right thing to do on any level. Another reason why I think this was mainly to do with her mental health.

While it's very possible that she does indeed have some mental illness, I think it's disingenuous to imply that no sane person could do such a thing. Plenty of terrorists and just normal people have done things just as bad or worse than this and it is absurd to think that all of them were insane. It is perfectly possible to be completely sane and still be incredibly bloodthirsty, fanatical and violent.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by greatguy231
So islam is to blame for this because she shouted a name- is that what you are saying?

Reread my post.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Thanks for the well thought out response.. This is the sort of discussion i was hoping to generate

Cheers mate. Happy to give some input. Discussion is always interesting!
Particularly on such difficult topics which aren't really something that is usually discussed face to face.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Reread my post.

Yep that is what you are saying
Yesterday in london 2 teenagers stabbed another one to death. How come you not talking about that? is it because they weren't muslims so you cant bash the religion for that?

We could talk about that, I'm sure someone somewhere is; but right here right now we are talking about a woman who murdered a toddler and out of her own mouth came glaring references to the religion that is Islam.

Stop deflecting.
Yep that is what you are saying

You said that, not me.
Reply 66
16th Century...

... you said
Its a pretty hideous thing to do, most humans would not be able to carry out such barbarous acts.

were they not human in the 16th century?

idk why it's in practice in the modern day though. Though is it any different to execution by the electric chair which was last used in 2013? Which is still legalised in some states in America? not defending it though - both are disgusting methods of ending lives.
Reread my post.

I am about 80% sure he is a troll. I just don't know how you could troll under a topic such as this (accounts for remaining 20%).
Reply 68
While it's very possible that she does indeed have some mental illness, I think it's disingenuous to imply that no sane person could do such a thing. Plenty of terrorists and just normal people have done things just as bad or worse than this and it is absurd to think that all of them were insane. It is perfectly possible to be completely sane and still be incredibly bloodthirsty, fanatical and violent.

...well it's not normal to be incredibly bloodthirsty, fanatical and violent right? I mean usually it's an act of self-defense. Maybe she was brainwashed to do it by extremist family members? I just don't see how you can be a normal nanny looking after someone's kid and then decide to chop its head off and run into the streets screaming GOD IS GREAT - surely that's the opposite of normal?
Original post by morgan8002
The article doesn't say that she's Muslim.

Numerous bystanders and eye witnesses reported her shouting Allah ackbar. She is also wearing what i believe is a "Chador" a form of traditional Islamic dress.

Yesterday in london 2 teenagers stabbed another one to death. How come you not talking about that? is it because they weren't muslims so you cant bash the religion for that?

I am not interested in the significance or reasons behind knife crimes amongst gangs or impoverished youths. Its a well trodden and understood area.
Maybe you could now ask me why im not talking about White adam Johnson!? Or why im not talking about some white gunman killing someone?

Now stop derailing my thread with your nonsense
Reply 70
You said that, not me.

Original post by leavingthecity
I am about 80% sure he is a troll. I just don't know how you could troll under a topic such as this (accounts for remaining 20%).

it's greatguy, ofcourse he's a troll - do yall live under rocks? :tongue:
Original post by z33
...well it's not normal to be incredibly bloodthirsty, fanatical and violent right? I mean usually it's an act of self-defense. Maybe she was brainwashed to do it by extremist family members? I just don't see how you can be a normal nanny looking after someone's kid and then decide to chop its head off and run into the streets screaming GOD IS GREAT - surely that's the opposite of normal?

Well of course it's not normal, but it's certainly possible to have these characteristics and not suffer from any mental illnesses. Perhaps she was, hopefully we'll know more about her as the story unfolds further.
Reply 72
Well of course it's not normal, but it's certainly possible to have these characteristics and not suffer from any mental illnesses. Perhaps she was, hopefully we'll know more about her as the story unfolds further.

Yeah, if it's not mental illness and not terrorism I don't know what it is. Hopefully...
He's definitely a troll on his 231st dupe. He craves attention so I'll stop giving it to him.

God knows how someone could act like that when discussing such things.

Surprised he's got this far, he cannot navigate an argument, he doesn't/can't read responses to his posts. Oh well.
I see. This is the sort of direction I wanted the discussion to progress. So its more a cultural / religious link?

What is it that drives this link and what is the significance behind beheading? Its a pretty hideous thing to do, most humans would not be able to carry out such barbarous acts. There is a distinct difference between plunging a knife into someones chest and beheading somebody even though both acts will usually be fatal

I think its more to do with time, Christianity has had far longer to adjust itself to life in a moderate, democratic society. Look back a couple of centuries and it was just as bad as Islam, if not worse. Hell we used to burn people at the stake and crucify them as recently as the 1500's.

Even now in the Bible belt and in Africa (two of the last bastions of fundamental christianity) girls are branded as witches and stoned, gays are murdered and children are beaten and punished according to religious doctrine.

So I think Islam has a serious problem at the moment, but its not a problem that's unique to its religion. It's a consequence of it being integrated into western culture at a far later date than other mainstream religions, and at a time where the west is actively persecuting muslims overseas.

Any Abrahamic religion, in its truest form, is incompatible with civilised society. This is because they follow religious rules and laws laid down when the world was far more volatile, and they have similar controlling tropes that try and increase the spread of its religion whilst punishing those who may want to abandon it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by z33
it's greatguy, ofcourse he's a troll - do yall live under rocks? :tongue:

I know but....the subject at hand!!!!

I'm new here can't you tell.
Reply 76
Original post by leavingthecity
I know but....the subject at hand!!!!

I'm new here can't you tell.

sorry sorry x'D
welcome to The Student Room :wink: hope you have a nice stay :biggrin:
Ok this just disgusts me. I'am a Muslim, who was learning Russian and was in love with their culture, language and literature. This not only breaks every rule in humanity, but every rule in any religion that I know of. Butchering a child and holding her poor head is the most disgusting thing I have seen. I hope she gets the most horrible life and punishment. My thoughts and prayers with the family, I pray that God strengthens them at this terrible time :frown:

I really can't take this anymore...
But if it was a white man doing this yours would say 'lonewolf' 'mentally ill' etc.

Maybe if the white man said something like "al-whitie ackbar" in the process he could be linked to some sort of ideology, otherwise...
Numerous bystanders and eye witnesses reported her shouting Allah ackbar. She is also wearing what i believe is a "Chador" a form of traditional Islamic dress.

Yeah, so I think it's a little early to assume she's a Muslim and use that as a basis to attack Islam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending