The Student Room Group

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
London is a superior city that no other U.K. City can come close to. People especially those from other uk cities get so excited when they say they're visiting London like its a holiday for them loooool

ever heard of ghetto tourism?
Original post by Hydeman
And how do you think it got to this stage? :smile:

Can we please never talk about genital mutilation as a 'party', like, ever again? :facepalm:

Also, that explains why they're hostile to the idea of an independent Kurdish state. They just don't want to give up territory to this state, since a part of Turkey is historically a part of Greater Kurdistan.

Our hard work :wink:

Yeah but don't worry,I didn't take any offence. People get so heated in such arguments
Original post by Hydeman
Drowzee, my child, one should never worry about offending people's cultural sensibilities when one of these is genital mutilation.

Love,

Hydeman. :h:

"my child"... You're only two years older than me :unimpressed:

I know, but I like queen-bee so I don't want to be rude. :frown:
Original post by get schlonged m8
ever heard of ghetto tourism?

What's that?
Reply 284
Dogs are nicer people than humans.
What's that?

Go to a poor area for the lulz
Not saying London is poor btw, but it's a hell place to live
It's a right of passage celebration. People bring gold or money or gifts

How much money? :holmes: I wanna know if I'm entitled to money for my mutilation. :fuhrer:

Our hard work :wink:

Keep telling yourself that. :tongue:

Original post by drowzee
"my child"... You're [...] older than me :unimpressed:

:u:

I know, but I like queen-bee so I don't want to be rude. :frown:

Fair enough, grasshopper, fair enough. :beard:
Not saying London is poor btw, but it's a hell place to live

Lol if London is a hell place,I wonder what the rest of the U.K. Is. We are well off financially and theres a lot to do in London,one can never be bored in this beautiful city
Lol if London is a hell place,I wonder what the rest of the U.K. Is. We are well off financially and theres a lot to do in London,one can never be bored in this beautiful city

You might be speaking only for yourself there. :erm: I doubt the guy working for minimum wage enjoys London life as much as you do.

It's not that great compared with much of the South East.

Aside from the odd Russian billionaire it's people in flats and terrace houses, don't be gassed.
Original post by Hydeman
You might be speaking only for yourself there. :erm: I doubt the guy working for minimum wage enjoys London life as much as you do.

:laugh: Nauseatingly privileged trustfund bint.
Original post by Hydeman

There's no such thing as somebody who doesn't enjoy london,that's the way to spot a Londoner. Do you know that saying,once you get bored or tired of London,you're tired of line? It's spot on!
Original post by Agrippatropes
:laugh: Nauseatingly privileged trustfund bint.

Didn't I say uskut to you before? Khalas,go do your homework
It's not that great compared with much of the South East.

Aside from the odd Russian billionaire it's people in flats and terrace houses, don't be gassed.

It's still heaven
Original post by Arsenal96
Sexually assaulting women is part of radical Islam

Original post by Arsenal96
Huh? I never implied anyone was Muslim. I was saying dogs don't promote radical Islam like the migrants do

Neither do the Syrian refugees. They are running away from ISIS ffs, they are not ISIS. Keep reading the Daily Mail though. Unfortunately, perhaps some members of ISIS will infiltrate and pretend to be refugees but does that mean you have to deny hundreds and thousands of other people their basic human rights such as safety and shelter. Children are drowning and families are being torn apart trying to escape this conflict.

The reason many do not want to stay in Turkey is because they are also denied basic rights there too. They are ridiculed, marginalised and prevented from using the same services as ordinary turks. There is no hope for them there. Secondly, I do believe that the gulf nations should be helping and but many like Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, and Egypt are so people also need to stop claiming that Arab nations are not.

The basis of all gulf nations' wealth is: greed. Therefore, we cannot be waiting on them to help whilst children still starve/ action has to be taken now. Funny thing is though when US wants something it would normally impose a sanction like it did on Iran or would declare a war like on Iraq. Yet, not the smallest amount of at least financial pressure is being put on Saudi Arabia or the other nations because they are friends after all and USA needs oil. Lives can wait as long as the big corporations and governments are satisfied.

The people in Calais- I do have an overwhelming feeling are economic migrants and I wish they stayed in their own countries and helped to build their own nations.

However, for the genuine refugees in Calais any rational person who is claiming asylum would also go to the best place for themselves and their family. Not for the benefits. Many of these people are VERY hardworking and intelligent. You can be sure they won't be scrounging off benefits. UK offers the English language which is very important for employers, great higher education institutions, many opportunities and a very accepting and welcoming population. Racism is very low here compared to some parts of France/Italy or Eastern Europe.

You have to understand,
No one puts their children in a boat
Unless the water is safer than the land”- Warsan Shire

Rant over but people need to understand that things are not as black and white as the media likes to make to be. Media is trying to separate the people when this is the most important time to actually be uniting. More 'Us vs. them' mentality leads to more of a rise in extremist groups on both sides. BTW: There are many Christians who are also fleeing Syria from ISIS not just Muslims.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's still heaven

I'm sorry QB, I just don't get it.

I'm half London, born and bred, but it's just meh

with more than a hint of bleh

You have good facilities sure, but aside from that there only one thing special about London (and that's something personal :colondollar:) but apart from that, there are so many better things to do outside London, like hiking and camping and sailing, London is too structured, it's fun for a day, go to the museums or the Shard or the Dungeons. You must feel the tedium of buying your ticket, going to the entrance, getting checked by the metal detector to make sure you don't have a bomb or a knife, going in to do the structured activities for your allotted time. It's kinda sad if anything, it's like crowded police state meets Disneyland
I'm sorry QB, I just don't get it.

I'm half London, born and bred, but it's just meh

with more than a hint of bleh

You have good facilities sure, but aside from that there only one thing special about London (and that's something personal :colondollar:) but apart from that, there are so many better things to do outside London, like hiking and camping and sailing, London is too structured, it's fun for a day, go to the museums or the Shard or the Dungeons. You must feel the tedium of buying your ticket, going to the entrance, getting checked by the metal detector to make sure you don't have a bomb or a knife, going in to do the structured activities for your allotted time. It's kinda sad if anything, it's like crowded police state meets Disneyland

London is a holiday destination in itself. That's why non Londoners love it here :mmm:
London is a holiday destination in itself. That's why non Londoners love it here :mmm:

I like going to the zoo but it doesn't mean I'd want to live with the monkeys.
Original post by lahorizon
You have to understand,
No one puts their children in a boat
Unless the water is safer than the land”- Warsan Shire

That's disprovable just by counter-example. Remember the picture of the drowned Syrian child on a Greek beach, whose father put him on a boat from Turkey?

I'm mostly for taking refugees, but let's not descend into dishonesty to make the point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending