The Student Room Group

Manchester university or Manchester Metroploitan?

I have applied for marketing managment for both uni's and got a conditional offer. Looking at the course content I prefer man met, am i making the right choice of choosing man met as manchester uni offers better facilities?
Original post by kolchuma99
I have applied for marketing managment for both uni's and got a conditional offer. Looking at the course content I prefer man met, am i making the right choice of choosing man met as manchester uni offers better facilities?

I would pick Manchester as the firm, and Manchester Met as the insurance.

Manchester uni has a better reputation and I believe it's the most targeted university by employers or something, so it'll probably be more likely to lead you into a career.

But, it depends on how much importance you put on course content over all other factors. If course content and enjoyment is much more important for you, then go to Manchester Met. If not, go to Manchester uni.
Reply 2
Original post by Peppercrunch
I would pick Manchester as the firm, and Manchester Met as the insurance.

Manchester uni has a better reputation and I believe it's the most targeted university by employers or something, so it'll probably be more likely to lead you into a career.

But, it depends on how much importance you put on course content over all other factors. If course content and enjoyment is much more important for you, then go to Manchester Met. If not, go to Manchester uni.

Thanks for the advice. I'm still so confused on what to do because i do want a good job at the end as you would do but i dont want to spend 3 years hating going uni.
Manchester university its a lot better and very highly regarded amongst employers. i think you will be making a mistake to choose Manchester met instead of manchester university.
Reply 4
Original post by George255
Manchester university its a lot better and very highly regarded amongst employers. i think you will be making a mistake to choose Manchester met instead of manchester university.

I just made my final decision on ucas and i made manchester uni as my firm choice! looking at the course content again, it was just year 1 that didnt appeal to me at all but the other two years are more to my liking.
ok good luck to your studies. try your best to meet your conditional offer requirements
are you serious OP?
LSE or london met ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending