The Student Room Group

Should I add her on fb or talk first then add?

Never talked in person but we've made eye contact (I know it doesn't mean anything). Ultimately I want to get her number and ask her out if I like her personality.

Same uni year and course.

Adding her on fb crossed my mind because I don't really get a chance to talk to her in person, and uni is gonna finished in just over a month and I want her number before then.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
finish*
Sloooooooow down… add her on Facebook if you must, you're massively overthinking things though! :rofl:
Reply 3
Original post by iEthan
Sloooooooow down… add her on Facebook if you must, you're massively overthinking things though! :rofl:

Can u elaborate on overthinking things please?

I have no experience with this; it's the first time I've found a girl attractive enough to wanna talk.
Original post by Anonymous
Can u elaborate on overthinking things please?

I have no experience with this; it's the first time I've found a girl attractive enough to wanna talk.

It's not a big deal to add someone on Facebook, regardless of gender. Let's take it easy, champ. As you've said, you've never even spoken to her before. Let's not have the wedding and children's names planned before you've even said hello, OK? Take it slow, talk to her. See how things go from there. There's no need to launch yourself into it.
Reply 5
Original post by iEthan
It's not a big deal to add someone on Facebook, regardless of gender. Let's take it easy, champ. As you've said, you've never even spoken to her before. Let's not have the wedding and children's names planned before you've even said hello, OK? Take it slow, talk to her. See how things go from there. There's no need to launch yourself into it.

Lol I'm not thinking of that stuff. I'm not in love with her.
Lol I'm not thinking of that stuff. I'm not in love with her.

Then just talk to her duhh
Reply 7
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Eye Contact > Talk > Facebook > Date > Sex > Engagement > Wedding*

*Some stages not necessary.

My original plan minus the last 3
Adding people on facebook is pretty insignificant for a lot of people, if somebody adds me on facebook and I've seen them around I'll accept without much of a second thought.
Is it your last year of Uni? If so just add her on fb tbh
Original post by hxfsxh
Then just talk to her duhh

I don't get any opportunities, she's always with her friends. I find it hard to approach when she's with her group. I know what I would say to her if I had the chance.
Reply 11
Original post by iEthan

We're getting married in Linz by the Danube and my son will be called Sean and my daughter will be Eunice. We're then moving to Vienna where she'll become a professor and i'll work in an embassy.
Original post by Blondie987
Is it your last year of Uni? If so just add her on fb tbh

Not my last year, but my friend told me she's doing a placement next year. So it's my last with her.
Not my last year, but my friend told me she's doing a placement next year. So it's my last with her.

Then maybe try and talk to her beforehand? Are you in any smaller classes with her where you can just strike up casual conversation?
Original post by whorace
We're getting married in Linz by the Danube and my son will be called Sean and my daughter will be Eunice. We're then moving to Vienna where she'll become a professor and i'll work in an embassy.

this got me :rofl: well played :yep:
I don't get any opportunities, she's always with her friends. I find it hard to approach when she's with her group. I know what I would say to her if I had the chance.

I get what you mean, but realistically if you're not that into her, then just approach her casually. Don't embarrass yourself and she'll probably keep the conversation going.
Original post by hxfsxh
I get what you mean, but realistically if you're not that into her, then just approach her casually. Don't embarrass yourself and she'll probably keep the conversation going.

I've got this week of so I'll try next week. I just want one convo with her before I add her.
I've got this week of so I'll try next week. I just want one convo with her before I add her.

Well, you could still send her a friend request beforehand.
Original post by hxfsxh
Well, you could still send her a friend request beforehand.

I'll probs do this next week if I don't talk to her. But I'm really gonna try next week.
Reply 19
Original post by iEthan
this got me :rofl: well played :yep:

We're driving there in my Bentley listening to Fast Car. If she doesn't like it we're stopping by the Alps on the way so I can throw her off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending