The Student Room Group

A2 Chemistry People!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by High Stakes
How are you finding it?

I've been revising organic chemistry and it's so damn long. Been revising acylation for the past hour and the addition-elimination reactions. :rofl:

The kinetics, equilibria and acid/base stuff is a walk in the park because it's GCSE maths though. Tsodsdsihashdaskjdkashdasjhd

@RonnieRJ - How good is your memory? How are you gonna pull off A2 Bio and A2 Chemistry without past papers? :rofl: (ofc not hating, your method seems to be working since you did well but it's impressive to the past paper community. :colone: )

I haven't had it tested but I'm 80% sure I have some sort of eidetic memory lol

For the past couple years I've just been writing down the exact sentences from the book for most of the knowledge questions
Reply 41
Original post by Amellia123
Yep I think that's it! :smile: Neither do I tbh - ill have to blag my way through the exam :tongue:

I hope you feel better soon, and good luck! :smile:

Problem is bluffing doesn't work too well when the mark schemes are as specific as AQAs :eek:
Thanks, you too!
I should sub coz I'm feeling the chemistry here
Original post by Don Pedro K.
I'm with Edexcel (thank God) and unit 4 is going well, been getting As in all the past papers I've done so far - gotta crack on with unit 5 though...we're on transition metals so the fun has just started... xD

I have just finished transition metals and it's much fun lol although memorizing the colours is a pain in the *** :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RonnieRJ
I haven't had it tested but I'm 80% sure I have some sort of eidetic memory lol

For the past couple years I've just been writing down the exact sentences from the book for most of the knowledge questions

That's impressive :colone: Biology will be a breeze for you then since there's like a minor level of understanding required. When are you officially planning on starting to revise? Or have you already started?
Original post by EricPiphany
I should sub coz I'm feeling the chemistry here

Welcome brah.
Welcome brah.

thanks xx

I'm not a science type of guy, but I smashed my chem mocks so ye
That's impressive :colone: Biology will be a breeze for you then since there's like a minor level of understanding required. When are you officially planning on starting to revise? Or have you already started?

Yeah tbh biology is just a ton of facts, the application is a bit harder tho cause sometimes they literally have some bol*ocks questions lmao

And well I have my plan on my phone, I'm starting FP1 first, then you get a few weeks in and it's like fam :|
image.png
The most I'll have to do in a day is 9 topics from different units which is a good 4.5-5 hours minimum
Reply 48
h
How are you finding it?

I've been revising organic chemistry and it's so damn long. Been revising acylation for the past hour and the addition-elimination reactions. :rofl:

The kinetics, equilibria and acid/base stuff is a walk in the park because it's GCSE maths though. Tsodsdsihashdaskjdkashdasjhd

@RonnieRJ - How good is your memory? How are you gonna pull off A2 Bio and A2 Chemistry without past papers? :rofl: (ofc not hating, your method seems to be working since you did well but it's impressive to the past paper community. :colone: )

how far are you in the biology and chemistry a2 syllabus? I have a feeling im behind........
Original post by xhxhxh
h

how far are you in the biology and chemistry a2 syllabus? I have a feeling im behind........

Finished everything. Just revision now.
Reply 50
I love chemistry A2 apart from stupid application to real life sort of contents, I find them dull :lol: And omg organics condition memorisation stuff is killing me
But our school teaches chemistry in weeirrrrrd order so we've completed neither unit 4 or 5 in full, and as someone who doesnt like skipping questions in a paper I cant start past papers!! :angry:
Reply 51
Finished everything. Just revision now.

oh wow! good for you! hope everything goes well, looks like it already is haha :smile: is that all three subjects?
Reply 52
Original post by C0balt
I love chemistry A2 apart from stupid application to real life sort of contents, I find them dull :lol: And omg organics condition memorisation stuff is killing me
But our school teaches chemistry in weeirrrrrd order so we've completed neither unit 4 or 5 in full, and as someone who doesnt like skipping questions in a paper I cant start past papers!! :angry:

What have you got left in both??
Reply 53
Original post by xhxhxh
What have you got left in both??

I do Edexcel and in unit 4, entropy, enthalpy, equilibria, chromatography
in unit 5 organic synthesis and amino acid
I think the three topics in unit 4 are quite easy aren't they? I think they are more maths than memorisation which is not my strong fort
Original post by C0balt

Chemistry and Maths are my best subjects.
Reply 55

Idk what my best subject is tbh lol if I go by my AS results, chemistry is my best but I love all my subjects haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56

Eww no biology for me
Reply 57
Good luck everyone revising frantically for Chemistry
i remember how hard it was last year and just want to reassure you its worth it in the end
Reply 58
The day after i received my crap AS results is when i started revising A2 whoever just asked
@thatcooldude2.0 ???:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
In all honesty Chemistry A-level is difficult. I have taken a wide range of A-levels (Forensic Science, English Literature, Geography, Welsh Baccalaureate and Chemistry) so as an individual who is not coming from a strong scientific background (and when beginning A2 I had completed GCSE Science and Additional Science 3 years prior) I guess it will be largely more difficult for me than for others. However, I do find that the logic and mechanisms behind organic chemistry a serious amount easier than inorganic chemistry. Originally I found the maths difficult but after a few attempts and some memorising of my maths GCSE 2 years prior to AS chemistry, it came to me pretty quickly. I find it a really enjoyable subject and I love the practical aspects of it. I will be going on to study Chemistry at university. Is anybody else?

Quick Reply

Latest