The Student Room Group

Sixth form clothes?

So I am starting year 12 this September and have recently began to realise that I don't own a huge amount of clothes as I pretty much always wear my school uniform. So I'm gonna start buying more clothes and I was wondering what kind of clothes do people usually wear for sixth form?

Scroll to see replies

I usually wear black skinny Jeans, band tee, jacket and converse. I remember during the first few weeks I tried to dress more nicely but now I just wear whatever I'm comfy in
usually i wear skirts with a blouse or a jumper... it probably depends on your school's dress code though!
Honestly, going by what all the girls in my college wear you can basically wear anything as long as it doesn't border on risque. Albeit, there will probably be some regulations that the sixth form imposes on you.
Reply 4
Depends what rules your sixth form has really

At mine we can only wear black, white or grey and no patterns (which is super shitty) so I normally stick with comfy black skinny jeans and a plain grey jumper/sweater or a plain shirt and hoodie. At the start of the year I wore cute dresses and proper white shirts but its not worth it, might as well wear something comfy! Buy whatever you want and whatever's comfortable for you, everyones gonna wear their own thing so theres little chance you'll look out of place
Investing in some smart black jeans is a really good idea, I wear mine practically everyday because it looks smart and I'll fit in anywhere.
Some sixth forms have a dress code, I nearly went to one that addressed a business casual code for all sixth formers to adhere to, that wasn't the reason I didn't go but I'm glad the one I went to is more relaxed, so its always good to check with your chosen sixth form.
If you're buying clothes however just buy a lot of neutrally coloured pieces and staples, I don't have a new outfit every single day of the year and usually stupidly leave the decision of what I'm wearing to about ten minutes before I leave the house, people don't notice if I wear the same top or skirt or something because a) everyone stops caring after about a week and b) I don't wear statement pieces, I've noticed that i remember people wearing the same clothes more often if they're bright or have a specific pattern. I switch between jeans and skirts but most of my clothes can match another pretty easily because none are too brightly coloured (which I realize now is kind of upsetting:lol:)
Anything you want. Theres a couple of people who has 2 "outfits" which they only wear.

Since I started I have only really worn like 4 maybe 5 pairs of trousers/ jeans. For tshirts I just wear whatever.
Reply 8
Stock up on basics from Topshop, H&M etc. (Tops, T-Shirts, Jeans, Leggings)

A pair of Converse, some Hi-Tops and some boots.

A hoodie or two.

A few nice jackets for the appropriate seasons.

Sorted. :wink: :biggrin:
Depends how strict your sixth form is mine sends girls home for wearing black skinny jeans (if you get caught). I normally wear short dresses or trousers and skirts with pretty much any top. Its also compulsory to wear a blazer in my school, it can be any blazer but they don't normally check. Jumpers are good for the winter, especially with the weather at the moment.
I'm a bit different in that I like to go looking smart. I usually wear well fitting jeans and a 'dressy' top (I'm small so H&M kids section is a cheap way to get kitted out!) Sometimes I wear a 'ladies' jacket.... as I said though that's just me. Every one else seems to wear jeans/leggings/ hoodies, tshirts.
Tbh, you can pretty much get away with wearing whatever you like. There are some right weirdos at my sixth form who have a bit of a strange dress sense :lol:
Original post by Amellia123
I'm a bit different in that I like to go looking smart. I usually wear well fitting jeans and a 'dressy' top (I'm small so H&M kids section is a cheap way to get kitted out!) Sometimes I wear a 'ladies' jacket.... as I said though that's just me. Every one else seems to wear jeans/leggings/ hoodies, tshirts.
Tbh, you can pretty much get away with wearing whatever you like. There are some right weirdos at my sixth form who have a bit of a strange dress sense :lol:

How small?

If you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by stefano865
How small?

If you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Haha I'm 5'2, but I'm quite thin so the kids clothes always fit :lol:
Reply 13
Trust me this seems like a big deal now but a couple of months in college and you'll see people coming in with their PJ's on.

Whatever is comfortable to you.
Reply 14
I just donned a shirt (usually white) and a pair of khakis, with some brogues, sometimes wore a navy blazer (or light dark, not an oxymoron) and very occasionally wore a black turtle-neck :smile:

Haha :biggrin:

I was expecting 4'10 or something. :tongue:
My sixth form had an 'office wear' dress code that they were strict on so we were walking around in dresses and suits all the time it was crazy.

If they didn't I'd have just kept it pretty casual with leggings and jumpers or skinny jeans, t-shirt and an open shirt, that kind of thing. All my friends in other sixth forms/colleges just wore their 'regular' clothes!:smile:
Depends on the sixth form you go to.

Mine requires it to be business smart and black and white so I usually wear a suit with a white/black shirt. I sometimes switch it up to my smart dungarees, turtle neck jumper or a smart dress and throw a blazer on top.

Make sure, regardless of uniform or not. Just dress what you are comfortable in. :colondollar:

Perfect.

You sound like my ideal woman. :tongue:
Original post by stefano865
Perfect.

You sound like my ideal woman. :tongue:

Haha regards to your previous comment I am not a midget!

And lol :tongue: ill marry you if you're 6'0, called Simon and look like this guy;

Laughing so hard :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest