The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo
You won't because the subsequent 10-0 defeat wouldn't look great, but you should really just play a second team at Barca to rest the first team for something you can actually win

Read somewhere that statistically our chances of advancing through to the next round is barely 0.01% lollll, we'd still lose at Everton even if we rested key players (see yesterday).
(edited 8 years ago)
That would require Wenger to actually be good at something other than noshing off youth players.
The same Everton away who have won 1 home league game since November? That's why I don't judge it a tougher fixture
Original post by leinad2012
The same Everton away who have won 1 home league game since November? That's why I don't judge it a tougher fixture

Right whereas Arsenal have won 2 away league games since November...
Original post by leinad2012

The same Chelsea side who had won two away games all season before we played you...

Imagine actually predicting results based on form this season. Terrible poster.
when you consider the two teams above us pay their players much much less, you wonder whether our team actually has any commitment at all. I bet some even pick up injuries deliberately.
Reply 4946
rekt
Original post by David Brent.
The same Chelsea side who had won two away games all season before we played you...

Imagine actually predicting results based on form this season. Terrible poster.

Original post by difeo
Right whereas Arsenal have won 2 away league games since November...

Both fair responses. But the difference is we have actually got strong results over the entire season too. Pretty certain Everton have a dire record vs the rest of the top half also. Everton have been poor all season hence their poor position. But then again they have a number of key players back now.

**** it, knowing us we'll lose, we'll beat Spurs on the weekend, then lose to Everton because that's what we do now it seems, beat top 4 teams and then get embarrassed by nothing more than average to good sides.
Reply 4948
Original post by shawn_o1
when you consider the two teams above us pay their players much much less, you wonder whether our team actually has any commitment at all. I bet some even pick up injuries deliberately.

I'm currently looking at injury data and most injuries are reported on a Friday. Obvs I thought, "aha, players are faking injuries in time for the weekend", but then I realised that press conferences usually are on Fridays. Sad, I really thought I was onto something. lol
#exposed
Wenger has to leave asap
It actually makes me sad seeing what AW has become. He deserves so much better. Unfortunately he has brought it on himself.
Actually the fans deserves better than Wenger. I thought football was about the fans Wenger is just another spoke on the wheel
lol at painting Arsenal fans as victims here.

Arsenal fans don't deserve anything. A bunch of spoilt fickle petulant moaners who don't know how good they've had it.

Wenger should have left this club in the lurch when he had the chance. The man doesn't deserve this kinda disrespect.
Reply 4954
Banter ^
Original post by sevchenko

Arsenal fans don't deserve anything. A bunch of spoilt fickle petulant moaners who don't know how good they've had it.

Wenger should have left this club in the lurch when he had the chance. The man doesn't deserve this kinda disrespect.

He's brought the disrespect on himself.
Reply 4956
Original post by sevchenko

This.

The majority of our fanbase are a bunch of fickle, armchair, prawn sandwich eating tourists who probably know **** all about Arsenal.. apart from the invincibles.

While Wenger may not win a title here, he deserves so much more respect than he gets.

He's been massive, and people will only realise in years to come

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently a "£115m shake up" of the squad is planned. Personally I think all we need are ball- players; one in defence, one in midfield. The last time Ozil and Sanchez had a good game together, one Santi Cazorla was on the pitch doing the passing.
Original post by shawn_o1
Apparently a "£115m shake up" of the squad is planned. Personally I think all we need are ball- players; one in defence, one in midfield. The last time Ozil and Sanchez had a good game together, one Santi Cazorla was on the pitch doing the passing.

Half agree, Santi only has a year left, and will need to be rested a LOT next season to keep him fresh. I just wish Wilshere would show SOME sign that he is going to play more than 5 games each season, but I'm struggling to see a breakthrough happen. Fact is even once the deadwood is gone (Flam Arteta Rosicky) and Santi is on his way out, we still have 4 players who's starting positions are CDM and CM, even if 1 of them is injured 90% of the time, and 2 of the others aren't good enough.

Problem is, I feel we've reached the point where big rebuilding is needed; we'll need 2 new CB's in the next 3 years, a new ST, a new RW, and probably a new CAM once Ozil realises he's playing with bunch of bottlers. And all of these are starting places, not squad filler like Neny, we'll be needing to drop big money on a new ST and RW imo. A ball playing CM is needed, but you know Wilshere will come back in March and put in 5 or 6 9/10 performances, stopping us from signing a new world class CM, only to get injured on Sept 1st and be out for months.

What I've found most odd, is that in the aftermath of United, all I've seen is people talking about our midfield and strikers not being good enough, when the main reason we lost was our defence (mainly Gabriel) playing dreadfully. And I mean abysmally, at the level of a relegation scrapping side. All 3 goals were unforgivable.
Reply 4959
Wenger got plenty of respect and trust from the fan base this season. The fact that he refused to even sign an outfield player is ridiculous and yet we were still convinced we could have the title. It's not even a bad run, we've been **** the entire season with the odd big win or two. The game against UTD is one of our worst losses in a while. Call the fanbase fickled, spoiled, whatever you want, but it doesn't change the fact that his retirement date is overdue by two years.

The people that defend him are the same ones that will say after another **** transfer window "I'll reserve my judgement till May"

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest