The Student Room Group

(How) Can I trace the location of a fake Facebook profile?

(edited 8 years ago)
I don't think you can
Pretty sure Nev and Max off Catfish have done it a few times
Original post by meddymedmed
Someone with a face Facebook profile has been sending me messages and pictures of me, but they're not on my friends list and the profile has no pictures on it at all. I don't want to report it to Facebook because they take ages to deal with things and would rather know who it is. I think I have an idea of who it is, but the location will confirm this as I only know one person from that area.

Is there a way I can trace the location of a fake Facebook profile that isn't on my friends list? If so, how can I do this?

Sorry OP Answer is NO, hope this helps :h:

Anyone who has spent much time on Facebook has been inundated with links to apps, websites and other services that claim to show users how to see which of their friends, exes, and co-workers are viewing their Facebook profile. Despite the temptation to try to find out who your biggest online stalker is, though, Facebook has repeatedly said there’s no way for anyone -- third parties included -- to find out who is looking at a timeline.“Facebook doesn’t let you track who views your profile or your posts [such as photos]. Third-party apps are also unable to do this,” the social media company warned on its Common Myths About Facebook page.

SOURCE: http://www.ibtimes.com/trying-find-out-who-looks-your-facebook-profile-stop-it-see-whos-stalking-you-apps-lead-1647450
Just create a GUI interface using visual basic to track their IP address.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just block them
Original post by meddymedmed
I want to know who it is.

If you're being harassed that much go to the police
You can't sorry.
Reply 8
delete thread please

Quick Reply

Latest