The Student Room Group

Neo Nazi Terrorists on Rampage in Germany

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/one-chart-that-shows-the-far-right-is-getting-more-popular-in-germany-a6898126.html

Number of people participating in extreme right wing demonstrations such as PEGIDA almost tripled from 2014 to 2015, from 20k to almost 60k

Only a short while until they start firing up gas chambers again... do they never learn from history?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think ''right wing'' and ''neo nazis'' are interchangeable terms, but it is certainly worrying to see this kind of behaviour coming from a country who should have really learnt their lesson by now.
Reply 2
Damn these guys are bringing back the spirit of Hitler
Reply 3
Original post by Cato the Elder
How patronising of you. How would you feel about being flooded with 1 million savages?

Oh the irony.
Reply 4
"One chart that shows the far right is getting more popular in Germany"
Original post by jamestg
"One chart that shows the far right is getting more popular in Germany"

The extreme right wing Alternativ fur Deutschland party (the one which called for refugees to be shot) is polling around 10%, its support has doubled I think over 2014-2015
Reply 6
Original post by Mathemagicien
The extreme right wing Alternativ fur Deutschland party (the one which called for refugees to be shot) is polling around 10%, its support has doubled I think over 2014-2015

Don't start quoting statistics if you are not certain with them. If it really has doubled, then I'll listen.
Original post by jamestg
Don't start quoting statistics if you are not certain with them. If it really has doubled, then I'll listen.

From 3% in August to over 10% now

https://www.rt.com/news/322513-afd-germany-right-wing-rise/

This is the party that called for the slaughter of refugees - how is this party not banned?!

“No policeman wants to fire on a refugee, and I don’t want that either. But as a last resort, there should be recourse to firearms,” Petry said in an interview with Mannheimer Morgen, a German newspaper.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think the UK is heading the same way. Certainly more and more people seem to be expressing extreme views.

****ing horrifying. It really doesn't take much for people to completely turn on each other. The worst part is that people are even more ignorant now than they were 70 years ago. "But the Muslims really are bad and they really do cause all our problems, it's different this time!". Utter neanderthals.
Reply 9

This is the party that called for the slaughter of refugees - how is this party not banned?!

Germany is a free society. The Basic Law states that political parties can exist, providing they do not advocate things which could remove the FRG.

I'm not surprised the far right are doing well though...
Lol. Can't wait to go Berlin in 2 weeks!
Original post by JordanL_
I think the UK is heading the same way. Certainly more and more people seem to be expressing extreme views.

****ing horrifying. It really doesn't take much for people to completely turn on each other. The worst part is that people are even more ignorant now than they were 70 years ago. "But the Muslims really are bad and they really do cause all our problems, it's different this time!". Utter neanderthals.

Not really.

BNP are no longer an actual party, UKIP are not extreme and things like Britain First are still very much seen as a joke. There's been nothing major to oppose the government with to do with the refugees, other than the left saying we need more. Yeah the far right aren't happy about taking them in, but the numbers have been tightly controlled and so it isn't on the same scale as Germany.

But yeah any increase in far-right views is horrifying and depressing.
Reply 12

They're not exactly advocating refugee genocide though. It seems more like a pro-gun campaign(i.e. self-defence).
If that makes you think they ought to be banned then the sheer thought of the USA probably makes you froth at the mouth.
Original post by P357
They're not exactly advocating refugee genocide though. It seems more like a pro-gun campaign(i.e. self-defence).
If that makes you think they ought to be banned then the sheer thought of the USA probably makes you froth at the mouth.

I'm glad USA is an ocean away - Americans were exiled from Europe for a reason

Original post by jamestg
Not really.

BNP are no longer an actual party, UKIP are not extreme and things like Britain First are still very much seen as a joke. There's been nothing major to oppose the government with to do with the refugees, other than the left saying we need more. Yeah the far right aren't happy about taking them in, but the numbers have been tightly controlled and so it isn't on the same scale as Germany.

But yeah any increase in far-right views is horrifying and depressing.

UKIP is extreme, but it does a better job of hiding it

UKIP really isn't extreme. Carswell himself is a libertarian. So extreme...

It's just the media always finding the bad eggs within the party.
Inevitable consequence of the flood of migrants. Villages of a few hundred people expected to accommodate hundreds of migrants, said migrants expecting a land of milk and honey, mass sexual assaults, huge clash of cultures and ideologies and all because of Merkel's brainless open-door policy.

This rise in far-right support wouldn't happen if the moderate parties of European nations defended their national interest rather than bending over backwards to accommodate migrants out of some lofty humanitarian notion. With any criticism of migrants, not to mention Islam as a religion, dismissed as bigoted and radical, ordinary people will start to gravitate towards extreme parties. Mindless thugs in search of a bit of violence will see the opportunity for what they see as legitimate violence and do the same.

This is a monster of Europe's own making, and in particular Merkel. If she had the slightest self-awareness she would resign in shame.
Reply 16

Well thank you for confirming it. Saying that,that faux sense of superiority over the worlds superpower never really gets any less cringe...it's akin to an ugly fat person "looking down" on the VS show.Really just stop.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol. Can't wait to go Berlin in 2 weeks!

Wait - are you saying you are going to join in one of these neo Nazi rallies? :s-smilie:
Wait - are you saying you are going to join in one of these neo Nazi rallies? :s-smilie:

No!!!

I am going on holiday to Berlin in 2 weeks and I am Indian!
Original post by tengentoppa
Inevitable consequence of the flood of migrants. Villages of a few hundred people expected to accommodate hundreds of migrants, said migrants expecting a land of milk and honey, mass sexual assaults, huge clash of cultures and ideologies and all because of Merkel's brainless open-door policy.

This rise in far-right support wouldn't happen if the moderate parties of European nations defended their national interest rather than bending over backwards to accommodate migrants out of some lofty humanitarian notion. With any criticism of migrants, not to mention Islam as a religion, dismissed as bigoted and radical, ordinary people will start to gravitate towards extreme parties. Mindless thugs in search of a bit of violence will see the opportunity for what they see as legitimate violence and do the same.

This is a monster of Europe's own making, and in particular Merkel. If she had the slightest self-awareness she would resign in shame.

Firstly, 1 million constitutes less than 3% of the German population, and most of them will be moved to the cities where the locals will probably feel more comfortable around them. Secondly, you are an Ex-Muslim, so there is some biasness there, don't you think? Thirdly, Merkel definitely should have been more careful with her policies, where she allows 1 million refugees into the country, but then stops them from entering the country, which isn't good for countries like Hungary. Furthermore, she used a good humanitarian policy to show kindness to people escaping war and extreme poverty, but she should have carried out that policy more carefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending