The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gemyerst
Congrats! what theme did you choose? I gave mine in on the 8th, did it take longer for anyone else?

But gem, i hot u weren't interested in UCL anymore! Are u also an international applicant, thus the late application?
Original post by gemyerst
Congrats! what theme did you choose? I gave mine in on the 8th, did it take longer for anyone else?

i sent out my task on 2feb (arrived on 4th as i know)n they sent me back the email saying that they received it on 16. Dunno whether i got rejected or will be asked for an interview or what... btw I m from hong kong hope theres still interview carrying on in asia ha
Original post by damonmc
i sent out my task on 2feb (arrived on 4th as i know)n they sent me back the email saying that they received it on 16. Dunno whether i got rejected or will be asked for an interview or what... btw I m from hong kong hope theres still interview carrying on in asia ha

There should be another round in late March/early April in theh Far East from last year's thread. How come you guys applied so late? is there actually a dateline for international apps/
Original post by hongwai
There should be another round in late March/early April in theh Far East from last year's thread. How come you guys applied so late? is there actually a dateline for international apps/

I applied on 31Dec n received the task email on 4. The deadline was 15Jan for all applicants, no? 😬
Hi guys

I have really enjoyed nosing at all your portfolios. It seems like one of the things applicants struggle with (there isn't a lot of great advice in schools/sixth forms).

I'm thinking of putting together a new sticky thread for the Architecture and the Built Environment forum pulling together all your recommendations in this thread about which portfolio sites are best and wondered if any of you would be willing to have your portfolios linked there with the universities you applied and whether you got interviewed/offered.

There's questions here every year about what a good portfolio looks like and there's a real variety in this thread that could help future applicants.

I was thinking of doing this in a month or so when most offers are in - or even better if one of you wants to make the thread and give me a shout I'll sticky it :smile:
Original post by PQ
Hi guys

I have really enjoyed nosing at all your portfolios. It seems like one of the things applicants struggle with (there isn't a lot of great advice in schools/sixth forms).

I'm thinking of putting together a new sticky thread for the Architecture and the Built Environment forum pulling together all your recommendations in this thread about which portfolio sites are best and wondered if any of you would be willing to have your portfolios linked there with the universities you applied and whether you got interviewed/offered.

There's questions here every year about what a good portfolio looks like and there's a real variety in this thread that could help future applicants.

I was thinking of doing this in a month or so when most offers are in - or even better if one of you wants to make the thread and give me a shout I'll sticky it :smile:

Are you a Malaysian architecture student studying at UCL?
Original post by hongwai
But gem, i hot u weren't interested in UCL anymore! Are u also an international applicant, thus the late application?

No Im not interested in UAL anymore not UCL! But if I don't get in there I don't mind cause I love bath :smile: and no I'm english and applied the day before the deadline hehe :smile:
Original post by damonmc

They told me they got in on the 9th, the international apps seem to be taking a while so don't worry, but most in the uk seem to have gotten a reply :/
Reply 1048
I am from EU and recieved my invitation yesterday..
Good morning, everyone,

Yesterday I received an unconditional from RGU (huzzah!).

I haven't yet received an invitation to an applicant day but I read on their website that these will take place on 9 and 12 March so I have booked travel for 12 March as Wednesdays are workdays for me and therefor a no-go.

Has anyone else heard back from RGU recently? I was quite surprised by the offer as somehow I thought I might get a conditional subject to an interview. The UO was a really pleasant surprise - now working on things like accommodation and funding is the next challenge!
Original post by lora9704
Hey guys, international applicant so need a little help here. Ive applied to UCL Bath Sheffield and Edinburgh around Jan, received offer from Bath (which i was totally not expecting.. im more of an artsy type, thought i would fit UCL better), but was rejected from Bartlett (they said my task wasnt good enough for an interview), which is quite upsetting because i dont think my task was THAT BAD and i got an A* for art. Quite reluctant to go Bath, considering its more 'maths and science' aspect, but nevertheless its still a very prestigious school.
I do have another option tho, is to accpet my place for foundation year at central saint martins (very, very, artsy), and try again for Bartlett. I know that sounds like a silly idea, but i really had my heart set on Bartlett.
What do you guys think? I've never attended any of the open days for any school so i might as well do some visits.
I did the IB and i got 40 points. 7 for Art HL, Math SL and Chinese HL, 6 for Business HL and English Lang Lit SL, and 5 for Physics SL.

Hey, i'm just wondering did you apply for a foundation course or an architecture course at CSM? Its only because i had my interview there last week for architecture and they said that i might be better off doing a foundation in art. So was wondering if they offered you that instead of an architecture course?
Yeah bro
Original post by adammuscatt
Hey, i'm just wondering did you apply for a foundation course or an architecture course at CSM? Its only because i had my interview there last week for architecture and they said that i might be better off doing a foundation in art. So was wondering if they offered you that instead of an architecture course?

I applied for foundation. Tho on the sheet where i had to fill in intended course or pathway i wrote 'foundation and architecture'. I didnt write arch because i knew that my work wasnt '3D' or 'Arch' enough, and trust me, they are expecting some serious architecture portoflio, including sketches and models. Also because my art teacher was from CSM, he suggested that i do the foundation because it really helps you open up your choices and allows you to experiment. Which, in the future, would benefit you. So yes, the lady who interviewed me offered me a foundation course in art and design diagnostic instead of putting me right into architecture course. (Which is really common, most ppl had to do it)
Reply 1053
Original post by mattlally
Yeah bro

Anyone heard back from UAL after interview yet?
Original post by JianW
Got an offer from Edinburgh yesterday! ABB. Im also applying to Cambridge, Bath, Cardiff and UCL.

How's the UCL Task coming along?! Anybody called for interview yet?

I thought u need AAA for Edinburgh, how did ABB work????
Original post by starsfly
I thought u need AAA for Edinburgh, how did ABB work????

Depends on how competitive the applications are and personal statements play into it as well surely.
Lol anyone firmed/planning on firming Nottingham 💁🏻
I haven't received a response from Nottingham.
Just got declined from UCL today after my interview but it's all good Cardiff's got me. So anyone here picking Cardiff as their firm choice?
I will likely reject an offer from Cardiff as i have received my preferred offer. I chose Cardiff as an oddball choice.

Well done on your offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending