The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster: Raffles house or Victoria halls?

Hi, I'll be joining the University of Westminster in September and my course will be taught in the Cavendish campus (115 New Cavendish street).

I'm struggling to decide between Raffles house and Victoria halls for my accommodation so has anyone had previous experience with these halls that could help me choose?

Also, does anyone know of other student accommodations that are relatively affordable and close to my campus?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Pinky,

Glad to hear that you're considering staying at Raffles!

I'd be more than happy to help if you have any questions.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
I was also considering raffles house in September I'm studying business management. What ever one is cheapest tbh
Original post by LivvyLee4
I was also considering raffles house in September I'm studying business management. What ever one is cheapest tbh

Hopefully see you in September, Lee!

If you do it the cheapest basis, make sure you research and look into travel costs, and what the room budget includes (bills/internet/additional amenities).

If it's not all-inclusive, it could add up to be more expensive :smile:
Yeah I defo want bills included
Reply 5
Original post by LivvyLee4
Yeah I defo want bills included

Yeah I want bills included as well.. makes paying the rent easier.
Reply 6
Original post by Prodigy Living
Hey Pinky,

Glad to hear that you're considering staying at Raffles!

I'd be more than happy to help if you have any questions.

Hi, yeah I want to stay at Raffles, but there were quite a few negative reviews online on the accommodation so I'm worried I'll hate it..
Original post by pinkyheart99
Hi, yeah I want to stay at Raffles, but there were quite a few negative reviews online on the accommodation so I'm worried I'll hate it..

Hey Pinky,

Don't be worried :smile:

If you have any specific concerns, PM us and we'll be happy to answer what ever questions you have.

If you're still unsure what to expect, check out: https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/350092738/
Hey, I'm applying for Halls too, I picked Victoria mainly because it's going to be near my campus. So perhaps pick the one that's nearest to yours? Tbh Victoria campus looks really nice and I preferred it over Raffles

Posted from TSR Mobile
All of the accommodation is really expensive I think I'm going to have to end up sharing a room if I decide to study at Westminster the only thing stopping me right now is money
Hey guys I recently looked at Westminster accommodation again last night and now they don't offer VICTORIA HOUSE anymore which is really strange. Has anybody else seen this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maryamrangel
Hey guys I recently looked at Westminster accommodation again last night and now they don't offer VICTORIA HOUSE anymore which is really strange. Has anybody else seen this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello
I have spoken with the accommodation team and they confirmed that Victoria Hall will not be offered as Halls of Residence for students this year. Raffles House and Felda House in Wembley Park are offered to all first year students instead.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquries Team :smile:
Original post by University of Westminster
Hello
I have spoken with the accommodation team and they confirmed that Victoria Hall will not be offered as Halls of Residence for students this year. Raffles House and Felda House in Wembley Park are offered to all first year students instead.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquries Team :smile:

Sigh, was going to apply there, thanks for letting me know, why is it not available anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest