The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smithy-Smiths
Bump! Only I found out an hour ago! I just screamed! How exciting!! I officially have all my offers!

Durham
UCL
Kings
Exeter's my insurance!!

I feel SO much better! Especially as I withdrew my application from Oxford! But this is a fantastic boost, especially in the middle of Mock week when motivation atarts to flail!!

Is it your firm?

Congrats!!! This too brings me to the end of my application, with offers from Queen Mary, Bristol, Leeds and King's :smile: (rejected from UCL post awful Spanish interview)
I think I will be forming King's with Bristol as my insurance, you?
Reply 3101
I got 7A*s and 2As at GCSE. I got 4As at AS and am predicted A*A*A (in biology, English language and chemistry). However only got a disappointing 17 in the LNAT
Rejected from Oxford and UCL
Offers from Newcastle
Waiting on Nottingham and Bristol (but don't think I'll get it with such a low LNAT score)
Original post by Tom5pence
Sounds promising! Its funny, I actually want to go into screenwriting but I find law such an interesting subject, that It would be a suitable back up degree :smile: So I dont necessarily need to go to oxbridge, but It would be amazing to get into a magic circle firm! Do many newcastle graduates go into MC firms?

You can take a look at this http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/where-to-start/newsletter/law-firms-preferred-universities
Note that this survey doesn't mean that if someone has studied in UCL (just an example) will be 100% more preferred than someone from Newcastle. It is up to you to take part in extracurricular activities and do well in interviews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone help me with making a decision on my insurance choice.
I will put Durham as my firm but can't decide between Newcastle and Sheffield as an insurance.
My course in Sheffield is quite interesting as it offers one year abroad (in Germany) where I will get some experience in German public law.
The course at Newcastle is just straight law.
Can anyone help or share anything?
Thank you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saule1116
Got offers form Leicester and Oxford Brookes (safe choices). Interview with York. Just waiting for my last 2 unis to get back to me.

I know this post was a while back, but are you still looking at Oxford Brookes? :smile:
Finally got rejected from Bristol. So cheeky how they can make you wait so long for bad news! Oh well not that upset.
Original post by fabruttledge
Finally got rejected from Bristol. So cheeky how they can make you wait so long for bad news! Oh well not that upset.

I replied to their offer of the alternative degree saying how I spent hundreds over half term going to visit at half term and would've appreciated a rejection months ago and no reply hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Velvetgh0st
I replied to their offer of the alternative degree saying how I spent hundreds over half term going to visit at half term and would've appreciated a rejection months ago and no reply hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I don't blame you! It's one of those uni's mainly full of Oxbridge rejects anyway so wasn't keen.
Offer from Birmingham - Law for agraduates. 4 more to go...
Anyone has any idea what is the difference between:
1) GCSE
2) IGCSE English 1st language
3) IGCSE English 2nd language
4) GCE O-Level English
5) Cambridge GCE English 1119
Haha I don't blame you! It's one of those uni's mainly full of Oxbridge rejects anyway so wasn't keen.

Annoying because I fell in love with the city etc and still waiting on Nottingham to reject me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And that's a bad thing? Lol...
Original post by Debbie_KB
I know this post was a while back, but are you still looking at Oxford Brookes? :smile:

No, I've already made my firm and insurance choices, and Oxford Brookes is not one of them. Sorry :smile:
No, I've already made my firm and insurance choices, and Oxford Brookes is not one of them. Sorry :smile:

That's okay, on my hunt to find any fellow Brookers haha
Original post by Debbie_KB
That's okay, on my hunt to find any fellow Brookers haha

There is a thread for people with Oxford Brookes offers. Might want to check that out.
There is a thread for people with Oxford Brookes offers. Might want to check that out.

Cool, thanks!
Original post by Bobkata
Can someone help me with making a decision on my insurance choice.
I will put Durham as my firm but can't decide between Newcastle and Sheffield as an insurance.
My course in Sheffield is quite interesting as it offers one year abroad (in Germany) where I will get some experience in German public law.
The course at Newcastle is just straight law.
Can anyone help or share anything?
Thank you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newcastle has a great Law department from what I hear, as well as it being an amazing city. Pretty sure they are both on the same level and held in the same regard by firms, so go where you think you will prefer uni life!
Original post by PandyyCD97
Good luck! :smile: Where do you hold offers for?

Thank you! Currently only Exeter and East Anglia.
Original post by Velvetgh0st
Annoying because I fell in love with the city etc and still waiting on Nottingham to reject me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah don't worry, I'm expecting a rejection from Nottingham also which is a shame because I want to firm them :frown:
Yeah don't worry, I'm expecting a rejection from Nottingham also which is a shame because I want to firm them :frown:

I think Nottingham's accommodation applications opened this morning so I would've thought everyone would've heard by now to have a fair chance at accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending