The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Warwick definitely
Original post by JordanC55
Hey, I have an offer from Leicester for English as well, what are your opinions on the uni?

I applied quite late on the 18/02 and got an offer today from Leicester, still waiting for Newcastle, Southampton, Lancaster and Bangor.

Hey, I am probably gonna decline their offer. I don't really wanna do English language but I don't know about the uni as I haven't been to an applicant/open day. Are you considering firming Leicester? Hope you hear back from your other choices soon!
All my universities have replied apart from Birmingham University. How is everyone else doing on offers from them? They seem to be slow.
Original post by Adelemyqueen
Hey, I am probably gonna decline their offer. I don't really wanna do English language but I don't know about the uni as I haven't been to an applicant/open day. Are you considering firming Leicester? Hope you hear back from your other choices soon!

Double post.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Adelemyqueen

Ah nah that's sweet, one of the reasons I applied is because it incorporates English Lang. From what I've seen I'd be happy to go there but I'm hoping for good news from Southampton and I'd probs choose there - Lancaster is also a choice.

Just wanna get going!
Reply 2345
Sooo... Extra is now open and I've only had a decision from one uni out of five. Anyone else in this position? I mean I'm already worried but should I be worried?
Just received a conditional offer from Kent for Computing :smile: (transfer)
Original post by LVRG
Sooo... Extra is now open and I've only had a decision from one uni out of five. Anyone else in this position? I mean I'm already worried but should I be worried?

Same position. And same reaction when I got the Extra e-mail. :/
Original post by StudentFZ
All my universities have replied apart from Birmingham University. How is everyone else doing on offers from them? They seem to be slow.

What program? I received an offer a day ago. LLB for Graduates.
I'm still waiting for an offer from Lincoln.. and that is the uni I want to firm. I am holding out till the end of April. Seeing as they have till early May.
Reply 2350
Original post by Assan
Same position. And same reaction when I got the Extra e-mail. :/

Then I fear we are both f****** my friend. Good luck.
Original post by LVRG
Then I fear we are both f****** my friend. Good luck.

Haha. Relax, young padawan.

What programs did you apply to, and when?

Expect to hear in March. In the meantime, relax :smile:
hello everyone , I have a interview this week in the Manchester uni . It is my last chance and my last hope . Is anybody recently attend a child nursing interview ? is any maths and written test? is it individual or group interview? what question they will ask during interview ? Please help me and give me any information about interviewThank you
Original post by saharkkh
hello everyone , I have a interview this week in the Manchester uni . It is my last chance and my last hope . Is anybody recently attend a child nursing interview ? is any maths and written test? is it individual or group interview? what question they will ask during interview ? Please help me and give me any information about interviewThank you

Hi, I didn't apply to child nursing so I can't help that much but I did have a geography interview on Wednesday and it was pretty much a relaxed chat although he did ask me some questions that I didn't know how to answer but kept it cool. I got an offer a few days later so the interview it is probably more just to see your personality, how you handle something you don't know etc. not just to test you. They try their best to make you comfortable so don't worry about it, just be yourself and you will do fine! I hope someone else can help you some more. Best of luck!
Original post by acoolstudent
Hi, I didn't apply to child nursing so I can't help that much but I did have a geography interview on Wednesday and it was pretty much a relaxed chat although he did ask me some questions that I didn't know how to answer but kept it cool. I got an offer a few days later so the interview it is probably more just to see your personality, how you handle something you don't know etc. not just to test you. They try their best to make you comfortable so don't worry about it, just be yourself and you will do fine! I hope someone else can help you some more. Best of luck!

Thank you very much , did they do maths test ?
Original post by saharkkh
Thank you very much , did they do maths test ?

No but this was for geog not child nursing. You should get an email before about where to meet and an itinerary that should probably tell you if there are tests. If you really want prepare then you could email or ring to ask about the test, who is interviewing you and what you need. Some people at my interview said they didn't automatically get the email so they had to email and ask so maybe if you aren't told a few days before your interview you should contact the uni.
Original post by acoolstudent
No but this was for geog not child nursing. You should get an email before about where to meet and an itinerary that should probably tell you if there are tests. If you really want prepare then you could email or ring to ask about the test, who is interviewing you and what you need. Some people at my interview said they didn't automatically get the email so they had to email and ask so maybe if you aren't told a few days before your interview you should contact the uni.

That is very good advice thank you ,I will definitely contact them , because my interview will be on Wednesday and I don't know anything about interview process . Thank you very much for your help x
Original post by EleonoraDi
Has anybody heard back from Kent?
I've applied to Law and Philosophy (Hons) last month, does anybody know how long it takes them to answer to joint honours applications?
I applied just a month ago, so I guess it's still early, right?

Have you heard back yet? I applied for Law and Economics :smile:
Stirling, lol!
Got an unconditional offer from King's last week but I've heard nothing from UCL, SOAS, Warwick or St. Andrews so far. I guess the combo of sending in my application close to the deadline AND being an international student might lead to a long time waiting for answers... Still wonder if there's any unofficial "by the time x most uni's have responded"-time though.

Latest

Trending

Trending