The Student Room Group

Would anyone be up for talking to a youth marketer on TSR for £20?

Hey one and all,

Some of our lovely team from marketing are attending YMS this year (which is a youth marketing event) and as an extra special touch, we will be setting up a forum where the marketers will have the opportunity to ask selected students a couple of questions about whether they've heard of their brand and what they think.

So for example it might be a marketing person from Dominoes asking what you think of their branding and how well known they are.

We're looking to gather 15 students under 24 years old for this and for answering a couple of questions we will be giving each student a £20 amazon voucher.

It will run over 2 days between 2.30pm 5.30pm on Tuesday 8
th March and from 9am-1pm on Wednesday 9th March so to take part you just need to be available to post between both these times (you don't need to be in the forum the whole time, but just checking in during these hours)

Members who make a minimum of 10 posts will be guaranteed a £20 Amazon voucher so that's £2 a post, I wish that was the going rate for all my posts!

The forum will be called Youthview and it will be members only- we will drop you the link via PM when it is set up (though it won't be opened until March 8th!)

If you're interested just drop a note in here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Queen Cersei
Hey one and all,

Some of our lovely team from marketing are attending YMS this year (which is a youth marketing event) and as an extra special touch, we will be setting up a forum where the marketers will have the opportunity to ask selected students a couple of questions about whether they've heard of their brand and what they think.

So for example it might be a marketing person from Dominoes asking what you think of their branding and how well known they are.

We're looking to gather 15 students under 24 years old for this and for answering a couple of questions we will be giving each student a £20 amazon voucher.

It will run over 2 days between 2.30pm 5.30pm on Tuesday 8th March and from 9am-1pm on Wednesday 9th March so to take part you just need to be available to post between both these times (you don't need to be in the forum the whole time, but just checking in during these hours)

Members who make a minimum of 10 posts will be guaranteed a £20 Amazon voucher so that's £2 a post, I wish that was the going rate for all my posts!

The forum will be called Youthview and it will be members only- we will drop you the link via PM when it is set up (though it won't be opened until March 8th!)

If you're interested just drop a note in here

Yup, definitely interested!

If I got your going rate, I wouldn't complain - whatever it is, probably a heck of a lot more than student finance xD
Reply 2
Ooh this sounds quite fun- I'd be interested in helping out! :dance:- If I do get chosen, I won't need the voucher so you could take up an extra student if it'd help with the research. (assuming that's the reason you're only looking for 15. )
Original post by Queen Cersei
X

I'm interested. Sign me up. :smile:
Original post by Anon_98
Ooh this sounds quite fun- I'd be interested in helping out! :dance:- If I do get chosen, I won't need the voucher so you could take up an extra student if it'd help with the research. (assuming that's the reason you're only looking for 15. )

Ahhh that's very sweet of you, yup the more students the better!
Reply 5
Im interested :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Anon_98

Man's willing to pay you and you don't want the money. -____-

That's backwards.
I'm in if you allow me :P
Reply 9
Interested!
Interested :smile:
Original post by Greek God
Man's willing to pay you and you don't want the money. -____-

That's backwards.

I just thought it'd be more beneficial for the organisation to get more feedback than for me to be £20 richer + I also kinda didn't want to take up anyone else's place who wanted to do it but couldn't bc spaces were full. :redface: Plus, I don't really use Amazon anyway. ^-^
Original post by Anon_98
I just thought it'd be more beneficial for the organisation to get more feedback than for me to be £20 richer + I also kinda didn't want to take up anyone else's place who wanted to do it but couldn't bc spaces were full. :redface: Plus, I don't really use Amazon anyway. ^-^

Hmm yeah I don't think it's for educational purposes, more for marketing strategies so if you are willing to work for free, go ahead, but I wish to have some compensation!
Original post by Anon_98

We could charge dominos £20 to tell them they would get so much more business if they reduced their prices by even just a couple quid xD
Original post by Lawbringer
Hmm yeah I don't think it's for educational purposes, more for marketing strategies so if you are willing to work for free, go ahead, but I wish to have some compensation!

This...!

Big companies can pay. Let them pay!!!
Am interested.
Original post by Lawbringer

I feel like I've entirely misunderstood this concept/something. >.> :emo: I'm sure it'll be fine- hardly working, just answering questions which sounds like funnn so technically I'll already be gaining something out of it.:rofl: - Entertainnmentttt. :awesome:
Sounds nice, I'm in.
Also interested
I am very interested, sounds really exciting :h:

Quick Reply

Latest