The Student Room Group

60 days extra funding?

So I'm in the process of deciding whether exactly I want to resit the year, its a very difficult decision to make and is based on the current state of my mental health.

I was told I would be eligible for the 60 days of extra funding, how exactly do they determine how much you need and how much are you eligible for in this period of time?

It's just to see if I could pay off the rest of my rent with this money, thanks!
Original post by Mel_x
So I'm in the process of deciding whether exactly I want to resit the year, its a very difficult decision to make and is based on the current state of my mental health.

I was told I would be eligible for the 60 days of extra funding, how exactly do they determine how much you need and how much are you eligible for in this period of time?

It's just to see if I could pay off the rest of my rent with this money, thanks!

Are you in England or Scotland

What is your level of study

Do you have any previous study
Reply 2
Original post by apronedsamurai
Are you in England or Scotland

What is your level of study

Do you have any previous study

England,

Third year,

as in retaken any year? I havent previously this would be the first time.
Original post by Mel_x
England,

Third year,

as in retaken any year? I havent previously this would be the first time.

If the reason for your interruption of study is health-related, make sure you tick the
‘Medical / Health’ box on your interruption form, so that this reported to Student Finance England (SFE). If you tick this box, your Student
Finance entitlement should automatically be extended to 60 days beyond your date of interruption.

This means that if you normally receive grants and loans from SFE, you will continue to get payments for the 60 days after your date of interruption.
You can request that SFE exercises its discretion to continue to pay you Student Finance beyond the first 60 days of your interruption of studies if you are interrupting due to ill-health, and from the date of your interruption if you are interrupting for other reasons.
Reply 4
If the reason for your interruption of study is health-related, make sure you tick the
‘Medical / Health’ box on your interruption form, so that this reported to Student Finance England (SFE). If you tick this box, your Student
Finance entitlement should automatically be extended to 60 days beyond your date of interruption.

This means that if you normally receive grants and loans from SFE, you will continue to get payments for the 60 days after your date of interruption.
You can request that SFE exercises its discretion to continue to pay you Student Finance beyond the first 60 days of your interruption of studies if you are interrupting due to ill-health, and from the date of your interruption if you are interrupting for other reasons.

Ahhhh okay, so does this mean if the next loan was due in that 60 days I would still recieve the entirety of the loan?

Thanks for the info :smile:
Original post by Mel_x
Ahhhh okay, so does this mean if the next loan was due in that 60 days I would still recieve the entirety of the loan?

Thanks for the info :smile:

Yea
Reply 6
Yea

I wont be able to decide whether I am suspending officially til next week, then my loan & grant is supposed to come through on the 11th of April, even if I only got the loan that would save me so much hassle!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending