The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sltinthemaking
I have 3 offers back so far and I have an interview on Tuesday but it's at 10am and it would cost me £60 for a train ticket. I'm not sure whether there is any point going because I have got the two uni offers I want and I don't want to take any offers away from anyone else if i got a place on Tuesday because I already know I don't want to go to the uni, it was a back up if I didn't get one of my other choices initially. Do you think it would be a good or bad idea to withdraw ? Also if I withdrew my offer and on results day I don't get my form or insurance and have to go through clearing, can I go for a uni which I withdrew my application for ?

Hi! Well done for you offers. Do you mind me asking where they're from? I have offers from BCU and DMU at the moment. I'm waiting to hear from Leeds Beckett and the UEA 😊
Original post by Rebeccaaa89
Hi all,

I received an offer from DMU two days after my interview there! It was my second choice purely based on distance from home (first choice in terms of loving the uni). Sheffield was originally my first choice as I'm a graduate who has done the whole moving as far away from home as possible. I did have interview offers for Leeds Beckett, Manchester Met and Birmingham City but withdrew from those choices as DMU is the perfect option for me. I'm just wondering if anyone has an offer from DMU and is likely to be going there in September?

Hi! Me too haha! I received my offer for DMU two days after my interview there but I haven't decided where I want to go yet. I also have an offer from BCU and am waiting to hear from Leeds Beckett and the UEA. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Hi!
I'm applying to BCU this year and have an interview this week! I was just wandering is there is anything major happening in the speech and language therapy world that I should know about? I've done lots of research so I'm hoping I'll be okay but I'm still nervous...
If you have any tips or sites to look at I would be very grateful!
Thanks
Reply 643
Original post by MeganSagal
Hi!
I'm applying to BCU this year and have an interview this week! I was just wandering is there is anything major happening in the speech and language therapy world that I should know about? I've done lots of research so I'm hoping I'll be okay but I'm still nervous...
If you have any tips or sites to look at I would be very grateful!
Thanks

I'm on 4th too! And I'm totally with you on the nerves.....
Reply 644
Hey guys! I've got an interview at DMU coming up and I was just wondering what to expect? Is it just an individual face-to-face interview or are there group and writing aspects to it as well? Any feedback would be much appreciated!
I have an interview at DMU tomorrow and so far I've had one offer from UEA and two rejections so I need to get this one to put it as an insurance! Has anyone one already who can give some idea of what its like? Any help would be great!
Original post by emilyrosew
I have an interview at DMU tomorrow and so far I've had one offer from UEA and two rejections so I need to get this one to put it as an insurance! Has anyone one already who can give some idea of what its like? Any help would be great!

Hi! I'm waiting to hear from the UEA. Do you mind me asking when you had your interview and how long it took them to give you an offer? DMU is very very relaxed. I can't give away specific information as they specifically told us not to, but we had a course talk, then were split into groups of four to do each stage of the interview in different orders. The different stages consist of four MMIs and a group discussion. There isn't a written element. Hope that helps :smile:

Hi, where else did you apply? Curious as to who is giving rejections/offers. I am waiting to hear from UEA and had and interview on 1st December!
Original post by CassiaPeach
Hi, where else did you apply? Curious as to who is giving rejections/offers. I am waiting to hear from UEA and had and interview on 1st December!

Hi, sorry to intrude, just thought I'd let you know where I'm at. I've had offers from DMU and BCU, waiting to hear from Leeds Beckett and the UEA. How about you?
Do unis email or send you a letter to say well done for getting a place etc etc or will they send out letters if you firm an offer ? All I have had so far is confirmation on ucas
Original post by partria1
Hi, sorry to intrude, just thought I'd let you know where I'm at. I've had offers from DMU and BCU, waiting to hear from Leeds Beckett and the UEA. How about you?

I've had offers from Reading and Marjon. Interviews at UEA and Sheffield which I'm waiting to hear from. Also had an interview at Manchester but withdrew before going. :smile:
I've had offers from Reading and Marjon. Interviews at UEA and Sheffield which I'm waiting to hear from. Also had an interview at Manchester but withdrew before going. :smile:

When was your UEA interview? Mine was on the 11th Feb and just waiting to hear now. The fact that they only have 25 places is making me nervous haha!
Original post by sltinthemaking
Do unis email or send you a letter to say well done for getting a place etc etc or will they send out letters if you firm an offer ? All I have had so far is confirmation on ucas

Where have you had offers from? With BCU, I had an email from them and a UCAS notification, but with DMU I just had a UCAS notification
When was your UEA interview? Mine was on the 11th Feb and just waiting to hear now. The fact that they only have 25 places is making me nervous haha!

My interview was 1st December! I didn't know it was only 25... Quite a small group. However I think I prefer Reading...
Hi! I'm waiting to hear from the UEA. Do you mind me asking when you had your interview and how long it took them to give you an offer? DMU is very very relaxed. I can't give away specific information as they specifically told us not to, but we had a course talk, then were split into groups of four to do each stage of the interview in different orders. The different stages consist of four MMIs and a group discussion. There isn't a written element. Hope that helps :smile:

Hey! My interview was December 1st and they only got back quite recently, can't remember the specific date but I think it was around 10th Feb! Very similar to the UEA interview then? Thank you!

Hey! I applied to university of Manchester and had an interview but recently received a rejection, I got a rejection from Leeds Beckett before I had the chance of an interview and declined my interview at Cardiff met due to bad timing and travelling cost so DMU is my last one :smile:
Hey! My interview was December 1st and they only got back quite recently, can't remember the specific date but I think it was around 10th Feb! Very similar to the UEA interview then? Thank you!

Were you in the morning on the 1st? I was!
Were you in the morning on the 1st? I was!

Yeah I was there!
Yeah I was there!

Haha maybe we chatted! Are you doing A-levels and if so what are they? :smile:
Haha maybe we chatted! Are you doing A-levels and if so what are they? :smile:

Possibly yeah! I'm doing English Language, Applied Science and History, I based my A-levels around the fact I wanted to do primary education when I first started Sixth Form but when I discovered SLT I realised it was more suited to me :smile: How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest