The Student Room Group

dump him or not?

my boyfriend smokes weed all the time. he knows how much I hate it and he continues to do it. I just keep thinking he'll grow out of it but he's literally addicted to it he can't stop even when he wants too, what should I do?
Reply 1
Urge him to seek some help for it, but if he doesn't want to stop then unfortunately there's nothing you can do to change that or make him seek help. You need to ask yourself if you can handle that; should he never change.
It's really up to you, communicate your feelings to him but if he doesn't want to give it up and you feel that it's a deal breaker it would probably be best for both of you to end the relationship imo
Reply 3
Yeah and I get that it but most people can handle themselves. He can't. He does horrible things because he's usually consuming a lot of alcohol when he does it. It just makes him not care about anything and were supposed to be in a relationship
Original post by ellenmurray
my boyfriend smokes weed all the time. he knows how much I hate it and he continues to do it. I just keep thinking he'll grow out of it but he's literally addicted to it he can't stop even when he wants too, what should I do?

Learn how to roll a joint? :redface:
Reply 5
Yeah and I get that it but most people can handle themselves. He can't. He does horrible things because he's usually consuming a lot of alcohol when he does it. It just makes him not care about anything and were supposed to be in a relationship

Get rid of the waste of space, you can do much better :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by EphemeralLove
Learn how to roll a joint? :redface:

hmm no because I'm not disgusting.
Reply 7
Original post by RonnieRJ
Get rid of the waste of space, you can do much better :smile:

thank you for the advice, it means a lot🤗
Reply 8
Tease him.