The Student Room Group

good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Joshthemathmo
Good luck, i really like your blog! :smile:

Thank you, that's very kind of you. :smile:
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
You guys seem to be progressing nicely. As long as you don't forget the DE and complex number bits you'll be alright! I'm still struggling with conics sections - only slightly better after doing those review exercises xD everything else is looking alright though! Thank god we're doing an extra module - that 20 UMS in FP3 won't look good on my results sheet. :colondollar:

Again yes! It seems to be 2ODE/1ODE method stuff + Ch3 that has the only possibility to lose marks. But yeah, the Applied3 modules are our saviours :colondollar:
Seems cool. Will be following
Oh yeah, Chemistry is the one I need to work on the most - always has been since IGCSEs. :tongue: I actually got 80/90 which was the class highest, but I don't know where I went wrong with Unit 5. I was expecting 60s at the very least, so what I did get was very unexpected. I will have to work through the papers once again to see where I went wrong (or with Unit 5, where I went right..) I hadn't done any past papers for Unit 5, so that's probably what my mistake was! I did a few for Unit 4, but not many because I was confident with it.

I think we did June 2010 for Unit 4 and 6 and probably June 2012 for Unit 5. I'm not sure though.

Thank you for the advice though :smile: I'll probably be working through the papers tonight.

That's a really good mark, since I remember June 2010 was a tough one and your mark is considered an A* since 77/90 was the limit for an A* and your like 5 marks off for a full ums so you should be proud :wink:
Yeah, you have to consider like unit 5 is already harder and your mark will definitely get better with practice.
That's great!! Hope it goes well :smile:
Reply 444
Just a small update - These last two days have been extremely lazy. I feel it's because I've mostly been ill due to this season changing bull****. However, here is a small update for the night:

I've almost finished the S3 spec.:woo: I just have goodness of fit of continuous distributions and contingency tables to look over. I also happened to try out a past paper tonight - didn't do it as a mock in case those topics I haven't done cropped up. Overall, this was a nice module and the past paper I did seemed really straightforward. There are some nitpicky bits like sampling theories that I need to cram a lot, but I don't see myself getting around to it until like a week before the actual exam. :tongue: Nevertheless, I'm happy I took it on as an insurance, but I must get back to my FP modules very soon.

I'll be reacting to the Edexcel IAL grade boundaries for the January 2016 series tomorrow, so stay tuned for that, folks. :colondollar:
Just a small update - These last two days have been extremely lazy. I feel it's because I've mostly been ill due to this season changing bull****. However, here is a small update for the night:

I've almost finished the S3 spec.:woo: I just have goodness of fit of continuous distributions and contingency tables to look over. I also happened to try out a past paper tonight - didn't do it as a mock in case those topics I haven't done cropped up. Overall, this was a nice module and the past paper I did seemed really straightforward. There are some nitpicky bits like sampling theories that I need to cram a lot, but I don't see myself getting around to it until like a week before the actual exam. :tongue: Nevertheless, I'm happy I took it on as an insurance, but I must get back to my FP modules very soon.

I'll be reacting to the Edexcel IAL grade boundaries for the January 2016 series tomorrow, so stay tuned for that, folks. :colondollar:

Wait are they out??
Reply 446
Original post by Student403
Wait are they out??

no, no. I shall be refreshing this page like a madman tomorrow. :tongue:

Ahh :redface: thanks lol

Nicely done, when did you start S3, and how long did it take?

My god, I'm so nervous for the GB's, they should be out anytime after 12 am GMT
(edited 8 years ago)

Oh dear, they come out tomorrow?! I didn't even realise. Keep us tuned, I probably won't know when they come out so I'll be lookin here to see. :redface:

Let's hope Edexcel treats us well for FP1/M2/S1. :biggrin:
Reply 450
Original post by SaadKaleem
Nicely done, when did you start S3, and how long did it take?

Aye, thank you! It didn't take me long mostly because I'm extremely lazy when it comes to doing the books problems - only did the ones that looked appealing. It took me like 2 weeks I think? It's pretty decent if you like stats!

My god, I'm so nervous for the GB's, they should be out anytime after 12 am GMT

Original post by Zacken
Oh dear, they come out tomorrow?! I didn't even realise. Keep us tuned, I probably won't know when they come out so I'll be lookin here to see. :redface:

Let's hope Edexcel treats us well for FP1/M2/S1. :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure you two have a lot more to be nervous about since you sat so many modules. I think boundaries will be standard this time seeing as Edexcel decided to be kind with the papers, apart from a few off ones.

Kind with everything else too :tongue: you kinda have your offer riding on this, how are you not freaking out?! :redface:
Aye, thank you! It didn't take me long mostly because I'm extremely lazy when it comes to doing the books problems - only did the ones that looked appealing. It took me like 2 weeks I think? It's pretty decent if you like stats!

Nice, 2 weeks is quite good, as I'm assuming you were also doing other subjects.

I completed M1, and ended up doing almost (literally) every single question in the book, didn't feel like doing anything else :colonhash:, took me about a week.
(edited 8 years ago)

I think we both completed this module pretty quicky! Definitely deserve a pat on your back for that. :yep:

I'm pretty sure you two have a lot more to be nervous about since you sat so many modules. I think boundaries will be standard this time seeing as Edexcel decided to be kind with the papers, apart from a few off ones.

Eh, the ones I'm really worried about are F1 and M2, which are the ones you sat as well. So not really. :lol: we're both confident for S1, methinks. Not going to lie, you saying grade boundaries will be standard is a little scary. :redface:

Kind with everything else too :tongue: you kinda have your offer riding on this, how are you not freaking out?! :redface:

Well, the A-Level part of my offer isn't really the issue, to be honest. But I suppose that I'm fairly sure I haven't mucked things up too badly apart from M3! Plu, I'm super busy with learning stuff that I just can't be stressed. :lol:

BTW, when you going to do an S3 paper? You cold try doing the one I did?
Reply 453
Original post by Student403
Aw that's a pretty nice story :h: I definitely like the song :yep: Bonobo is great!

I'll check those ones out! My favourites are Road Trip, Velour, Constance, Maliblue and this one which I'm about to overplay XD

Spoiler

Velour is one of my favourite albums by him. Road trip is the first song I heard by him.
My favourites are exactly the same as yours, but I also love "Falling In Love". You should definitely give the songs Ayman suggested a listen. :smile:

What other artists do you listen to?
Original post by elhm18
Velour is one of my favourite albums by him. Road trip is the first song I heard by him.
My favourites are exactly the same as yours, but I also love "Falling In Love". You should definitely give the songs Ayman suggested a listen. :smile:

What other artists do you listen to?

Omg what a coincidence! I just found " falling in love" last week and it is brilliant. I did - I really lile bonobo's style :yep:

I'll give you a link to my playlist when I get home :smile:
Grade boundary reactions pls
Original post by Zacken
Grade boundary reactions pls

C12, as expected.. I even guessed 99/125 just right out of the exam.

S1, is quite nice 58/75 is decent.
(edited 8 years ago)
C12, as expected.. I even guessed 99/125 just right out of the exam.

S1, is quite nice 58/80 is decent.

Yeah, I'm fairly unhappy because the two modules that I know I didn't mess up on are the only ones that got good boundaries?!
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, I'm fairly unhappy because the two modules that I know I didn't mess up on are the only ones that got good boundaries?!

Hmm...I'm unhappy about Unit 2 chemistry being higher then usual this time. :/

Physics, 1 - (53/80) and 3 (30/40) standard i guess.....

Physics 2 - (47/80), Same as June 2014 IAL, quite lower then usual.

Chem 1 (68/80) and 3 (31/50) as expected... Happy about Chem 1, I thought the GB would be around 70-71/80 for A.

Chem 2 (63/80), Higher then I expected... I thought about (60-61/80)
Original post by Zacken

C34 and M1 seem higher then usual, If I'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending