The Student Room Group

Do you think Hitler went to heaven?

Scroll to see replies

I don't even believe in Heaven or Hell.
Reply 41
Original post by xobeauty
He broke one of the Ten Commandments so no.

By that rationale nobody would ever get to heaven.
Original post by Howard
The cardinal sins are pride, envy, gluttony, sloth, wrath, greed, and lust. Suicide isn't listed among them. Besides, the Catholic Church no longer teaches that suicide automatically secures a one way ticket to hell and eternal torment.

But back to my point. Hitler attempted genocide and in so doing followed the fine example set by God in the Bible.

Thank you I meant mortal sin, not cardinal.

OT God is very much, do as I say not as I do.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Vikingninja
I don't even believe in Heaven or Hell.

This thread isn't about your personal beliefs. Just imagine that you do believe in Heaven and Hell for shits and giggles and answer the question.
Reply 44
Original post by Gwilym101
Thank you I meant mortal sin, not cardinal.

OT God is very much, do as I say not as I do.

A mortal sin condemns one to hell if unforgiven. Since God is the one who has the power to forgive and on the assumption that his goodness will lead him to do so then suicide doesn't automatically lead to eternal torment.

There's a huge list of mortal sins; some of them are pretty trivial by today's standards (divorce, adultery, contraception, drug use, even freemasonry)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_sin#Mortal_sins

Anyway, it's all fairy tales to me.
Original post by Howard
By that rationale nobody would ever get to heaven.

God is forgiving that's why we have confessional, doubt he would forgive sin after sin after sin though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Howard
A mortal sin condemns one to hell if unforgiven. Since God is the one who has the power to forgive and on the assumption that his goodness will lead him to do so then suicide doesn't automatically lead to eternal torment.

There's a huge list of mortal sins; some of them are pretty trivial by today's standards (divorce, adultery, contraception, drug use, even freemasonry)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_sin#Mortal_sins

Anyway, it's all fairy tales to me.

You have to repent before the sin can be forgiven and you can't repent for something you haven't done yet (hence why last rites and final confessions are considered so important), so according to lore at the time, he had a big glaring mortal sin on his soul at the time of his death.
Original post by JeffyBoyAnjou

If you believe that God would have let Hitler into Heaven, then who might God condemn to Hell instead? I am finding it difficult to name many people who have done 'worse' things, depending on your definition of worse. Do you think anyone is in Hell in your thought experiment?
If anyone has any idea of the true nature of a Christians journey to heaven, then you will know it really only has one step that you can control - accepting Christ as your saviour. Hitler did terrible things, and i can safely assume he didn't accept Christ as his saviour, because throughout his life he clearly hated the Christian faith, and its severely unlikely he would of repented in his last days because he was a psychopath.
Reply 49
God is just

If there is no heaven no day of judgment God is not just because all the criminals including Hitler got away

Since God is just therefore heaven and hell exist. Hell is Where God will burn Hitler 6 million times then justice is served.

Hitler will be burnt 6 million times then its up to God to keep him in hell or take him 2 heaven.
According to the film Little Nicky, he's in Hell wearing a French maid dress, fishnets, heels, and having whole pineapples anally inserted :u:
that does not make you an authority on the issue, i also started a history degree and i have never seen evidence about hitler being incapable of having sex.

the Fuhrer was apparently missing one testicle, but he could still have enjoyed a fulfilling relationship. Before Ms Braun he was involved with his niece ?
im not Christian so don't believe in mortal and cradinal sin nonsense. I think god can forgive everyone

Well he can, doesn't mean he will and Hitler was Christian, so if the Christian god were real he'd be in hell and if any other god were real he'd be in hell regardless of what he did because he didn't worship them even if said deity had no issue with suicide or being responsible for more death, suffering and cruelty than any individual person in history.
Reply 54
Original post by the bear
the Fuhrer was apparently missing one testicle, but he could still have enjoyed a fulfilling relationship. Before Ms Braun he was involved with his niece ?

What was that whole suicide thing about? Didn't like 3 women he hooked up with try to kill themselves? Not exactly got a good track record has he???
Original post by whorace
What was that whole suicide thing about? Didn't like 3 women he hooked up with try to kill themselves? Not exactly got a good track record has he???

ermm his niece was murdered by the Fuhrer's thugs.
Reply 56
Original post by the bear
ermm his niece was murdered by the Fuhrer's thugs.

On 18 September 1931 Raubal was found dead in the apartment, shot with Hitler's pistol, an apparent suicide
Braun herself attempted suicide on 10 or 11 August 1932 by shooting herself in the chest with her father's pistol

Unity Mitford also tried to kill herself,

Oh and Maria Reiter
"
He told her to wait for him and that they would live together. After this declaration, Hitler ignored her and broke things off. This plunged her into depression. In 1928 while in despair, she attempted to hang herself"
why not dont you think god will forgive ? do you think hes in hell ?

He will have to be punished for what he's done I guess

I think once he's served his "sentence" he will be able to enter Heaven.
Reply 58
He's gone to Hell in all religions and Atheism has created a Hell just for him
Original post by z33
He's gone to Hell in all religions and Atheism has created a Hell just for him

nicely put :smile: and agreed :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending