The Student Room Group

A guy has a crush on me, we are classmates, how do I make him stop crushing on me?

So, there is this guy who asked me to be his physics tutor some time ago. We spent a lot of time together regarding that, we got along pretty well and generally it was fun.

However, now he said he likes me as other than a friend, has liked for long time, and that he asked me to be his tutor not because he cares about his physics grade but because he likes me.
I'm confused, and also a bit sad that he wasted my time like that, I really did my best as tutor and spent long time making him detailed notes.

I care about him too, but I don't have time for a relationship. However I want to be friends with him. If I reject him will he stop hanging out with me all together? Is there some way to make his feelings "friend love" instead of "crush"?

Scroll to see replies

Just tell him the truth.
That's very creepy.
Reply 3
Original post by insert-username
That's very creepy.

What part of it ? Yes I know I'm creepy person but I try not to be.
Reply 4
Original post by Mystery.
Just tell him the truth.

I wouldn't like to, I already got used to an idea of having a friend. Well, no good thibg lasts forever!
plaster **** on your face
If you really want him to stop having feelings for you, then there's only one thing to do: Distance yourself from him.
Obvs you won't be as close as you are now, but at least he won't like you as much and won't think that he might still have a chance with you.
Reply 7
Tell him you value your friendship more than you'd value a relationship.
Reply 8
Stop showering
That's very creepy.

It would only be creepy if they were ugly or something like that.
Reply 10
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
If you really want him to stop having feelings for you, then there's only one thing to do: Distance yourself from him.
Obvs you won't be as close as you are now, but at least he won't like you as much and won't think that he might still have a chance with you.

Yes, he is really sweet and amazing person, last person who'd deserve being rejected really, and I just don't want to hurt him. He means a lot to me, he is my only friend. I just feel that whatever I do I'm going to hurt him.
No advice, but what makes you think you shouldn't "love" anyone if you aren't prepared/willing/able to reproduce or something like that?
Original post by Emilia1320
What part of it ? Yes I know I'm creepy person but I try not to be.

I meant his behaviour is creepy. Faking needing a tutor just to get close to you.
Reply 13
Original post by Sciatic
No advice, but what makes you think you shouldn't "love" anyone if you aren't prepared/willing/able to reproduce or something like that?

I don't judge who others love with what intentions, I apologize if I have said something that could be understood that way. In my opinion everyone is free to love whoever they wish, I just don't want to hurt this particular guy because he's a good person and I care for him. But people in this thread are right, being honest is the only right way, and propably also the easiest way for him.
Yes, he is really sweet and amazing person, last person who'd deserve being rejected really, and I just don't want to hurt him. He means a lot to me, he is my only friend. I just feel that whatever I do I'm going to hurt him.

Bah, he'll get rejected eventually anyway.

Just tell him you don't feel the same way or you don't want to be in a relationship.
Reply 15
I meant his behaviour is creepy. Faking needing a tutor just to get close to you.

I agree, altough he did need a tutor, he was bordeline failing before. I just didnt know he didnt care. He is very very shy thou, so maybe he wanted to get excuse to talk with someone.
Reply 16
Eat garlic when you tutor him
It's not that creepy, its just very immature imo
Tell him you only see him like a 'brother'.
Works every time. :wink:
I don't judge who others love with what intentions, I apologize if I have said something that could be understood that way. In my opinion everyone is free to love whoever they wish, I just don't want to hurt this particular guy because he's a good person and I care for him. But people in this thread are right, being honest is the only right way, and propably also the easiest way for him.

Oh sorry I didn't mean to ask or question what you think of others. Was just asking about you, most probably he'll ask why and only a good answer would satisfy him :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending