The Student Room Group

How many merits/passes are you allowed for a D*D*D*?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khurshi
Hi
Could you proof read for me if I done it

Sure.

Upload your files online and send me the link.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Thanks u are star
Original post by Impressive
Did you use my link? If not, here you go.

For extended diploma.

16x distinction 2x pass = D*D*D
17x distinction 1x pass = D*D*D*

14x distinction 4x merits = D*D*D
15x distinction 3x merits = D*D*D*

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:

For extended diploma.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still a bit confused by this and the above link.

I do a 90 credit diploma and at the moment i am on a pass grade but would like to get a merit.

I have completed 5 units so far and have a pass apparently.I have 4 units lefts so, will i still be able to get a merit overall?

This whole 90 credit BTEC diploma is confusing me and even the teachers can't explain this whole points system propely.
Original post by Blackstarr
I am still a bit confused by this and the above link.

I do a 90 credit diploma and at the moment i am on a pass grade but would like to get a merit.

I have completed 5 units so far and have a pass apparently.I have 4 units lefts so, will i still be able to get a merit overall?

This whole 90 credit BTEC diploma is confusing me and even the teachers can't explain this whole points system propely.

You're not doing extended, should have told me before, but that's not a problem.

"apparently" - confusing because you don't know your grades, I recommend asking your teacher to be 100% sure, but if you were doing only passes then it will be a pass.

If you're aiming for 'MM', you need to focus on distinctions as it will be your only way, so you should have at least 3 Distinctions and 6 Passes, or 5x pass, 2x merit and 2x distinction.

I'm curious what kind of teachers do you have there since you've said they can't explain this entire system properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're not doing extended, should have told me before, but that's not a problem.

"apparently" - confusing because you don't know your grades, I recommend asking your teacher to be 100% sure, but if you were doing only passes then it will be a pass.

If you're aiming for 'MM', you need to focus on distinctions as it will be your only way, so you should have at least 3 Distinctions and 6 Passes, or 5x pass, 2x merit and 2x distinction.

I'm curious what kind of teachers do you have there since you've said they can't explain this entire system properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally, I am on a pass right now because my deadlines for merits and distinctions in all of my 5 units have gone. This means that i am left with 4 units that i have to get distinctions in, according to you?

My 90 credit diploma in HSC only consists of 9 units so, i just hope i make a merit, if i still can, according to you?
Literally, I am on a pass right now because my deadlines for merits and distinctions in all of my 5 units have gone. This means that i am left with 4 units that i have to get distinctions in, according to you?

My 90 credit diploma in HSC only consists of 9 units so, i just hope i make a merit, if i still can, according to you?

Yes, you can still get merit and you only need 3 distinctions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, you can still get merit and you only need 3 distinctions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool.

For extended diploma.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, do you know who marks BTEC coursework, is it your teachers or the moderators?

My work has been chosen to be moderated by an examiner and I am scared to death.:frown:
Hey, do you know who marks BTEC coursework, is it your teachers or the moderators?

My work has been chosen to be moderated by an examiner and I am scared to death.:frown:

My work is being marked by teachers.

Can you tell me why are you scared?

If you aren't sure of the quality, I could have a look but I guess it's too late now. Also, I hope you didn't copy someone else's work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My work is being marked by teachers.

Can you tell me why are you scared?

If you aren't sure of the quality, I could have a look but I guess it's too late now. Also, I hope you didn't copy someone else's work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do Health and social care, so the unit being marked is very practical, so its not something anyone could have copied of someone. Its just about you and what you do.

I am just scared for the grade and what if the examiner does not agree with the grade my teachers perhaps gives me.

I was shocked when I find out, it was my work out of how many people to be marked by BTEC examiner.
I do Health and social care, so the unit being marked is very practical, so its not something anyone could have copied of someone. Its just about you and what you do.

I am just scared for the grade and what if the examiner does not agree with the grade my teachers perhaps gives me.

I was shocked when I find out, it was my work out of how many people to be marked by BTEC examiner.

Well, you can't do anything else now.

Just wait patiently and hope for the best. Examiner should agree with your teachers' marking, unless..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wait patiently and hope for the best. Examiner should agree with your teachers' marking, unless..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey.:smile:

Out of interest what BTEC do you do and say i attempt to do 3 merit task out of a unit but achieve only 1 of those three merits required, does that mean my work will be capped at a pass since i did not achieve all the three merit tasks?

Also some of my units are 5 credits whilst others are ten and i don't know the calculations to make since my teacher said i am working at a pass level but i am now trying to attempt the merit and distinction tasks for the rest 4 units left of my 90 credit diploma as i have achieved pass grades for all my other 5 units(work for those 5 units are still marked to double check if i got merits)
Hey.:smile:

Out of interest what BTEC do you do and say i attempt to do 3 merit task out of a unit but achieve only 1 of those three merits required, does that mean my work will be capped at a pass since i did not achieve all the three merit tasks?

Also some of my units are 5 credits whilst others are ten and i don't know the calculations to make since my teacher said i am working at a pass level but i am now trying to attempt the merit w
distinction tasks for the rest 4 units left of my 90 credit diploma as i have achieved pass grades for all my other 5 units(work for those 5 units are still marked to double check if i got merits)

Hey, that's great. I hope you'll get the grades you really want.

Yes, if you only achieve 1 out of 3 merit tasks, you won't get full mark for the unit. (you'll be left with a pass)

5 credits?

But you're doing 9 units, in which each of the unit should consist of 10 credits.

"Edexcel BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma 90 credits"

Unless, it will depend on the final grade of certain unit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35

Yes, if you only achieve 1 out of 3 merit tasks, you won't get full mark for the unit. (you'll be left with a pass)

5 credits?

But you're doing 9 units, in which each of the unit should consist of 10 credits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

they may also have a 20 credit unit which would mean they could still be doing 9 units totalling 90 credits

5 credits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, thanks for the clarification and even though i do a 90 credit diploma 2 of my units are worth 5 credits.

Edit: Is the credits based on how many merits and distinction tasks there are?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37
Ok, thanks for the clarification and even though i do a 190 credit diploma 2 of my units are worth 5 credits.

Is the credits based on how many merits and distinction tasks there are?

you mean 180 credit diploma
Original post by yt7777
you mean 180 credit diploma

No, i currently do the 90 credit diploma which is equivalent to 1.5 A levels apparently. But i do have the option of doing the Extended diploma which is 180 credit next year.
Reply 39
No, i currently do the 90 credit diploma which is equivalent to 1.5 A levels apparently. But i do have the option of doing the Extended diploma which is 180 credit.

Yeah you said 190 credit in your previous post

so you do the 90-credit and top it up to an extended diploma by doing another 90 credits worth of units in year 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending