The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Wenger got plenty of respect and trust from the fan base this season. The fact that he refused to even sing an outfield player is ridiculous and yet we were still convinced we could have the title.
Posted from TSR Mobile

brb

Reply 4961
Original post by swirly
brb

Lol

Autocorrect is a bitch

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's finally happened lads, the jinx we've been waiting for.

http://bit.ly/EvenContest

Now just sit back and watch the collapse :cool:
genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Leicester won every game from here on out, they just won't go down.
Leicester are actually top qualiteee:unimpressed:
Original post by Pete_91
genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Leicester won every game from here on out, they just won't go down.

Well they're at least getting top 4.
They're 15 points ahead of 5th place with 30 still to play (33 for United mind).
For them to lose that lead would be Liverpool-style bottling.

Either United, City or Arsenal won't have CL football next season and Leicester will.
Incredible when you think about it tbh. Might just be the most spectacular event in English football history if they go all the way.
I didn't think Arsenal were in the title race since the start. Lost the first game of the season, didn't beat "historic" rivals (Man Utd away, Chelsea, Liverpool) and their failings gave us the illusion of being up there. But then lax squad management bit us.
Original post by shawn_o1
I didn't think Arsenal were in the title race since the start. Lost the first game of the season, didn't beat "historic" rivals (Man Utd away, Chelsea, Liverpool) and their failings gave us the illusion of being up there. But then lax squad management bit us.

I think when the board does their risk assessment and are give a choice a choice: spend £10 million and 90% chance of top 4, or spend £60 million and 55% chance of a title win, they choose the former every time.
Original post by AliRizzo
Incredible when you think about it tbh. Might just be the most spectacular event in English football history if they go all the way.

I completely agree.

This just doesn't happen in the modern game. Not when you have teams like City, Chelsea and United who can spend what they like.

This is the perfect time to win the league. Next season will be more competitive than ever and if you throw league champions Leicester in there too, it gets even crazier.

Liverpool will probably end up finishing 8th but I really can't wait until the next campaign :biggrin:
Oh, and a change at the top could also improve our horrendous injury record. I don't think any other club broke more bodies than us (Diaby, Wilshere. Walcott and Rosicky to a lesser extent)
Original post by Lúcio
Well they're at least getting top 4.
They're 15 points ahead of 5th place with 30 still to play (33 for United mind).
For them to lose that lead would be Liverpool-style bottling.

Either United, City or Arsenal won't have CL football next season and Leicester will.

Well I like that I jinxed that one, wasn't intentional...
Prem can now only be won on max 87 points...
Some Arsenal fans will say we are back in it because Leicester drew. I would say that brings City back into it we are 4th favourites at this point
Cazorla out for the season...
Original post by Pete_91
Cazorla out for the season...

Not a surprise
Original post by shawn_o1
Prem can now only be won on max 87 points...

Terrible season all round for top PL clubs(other than Spurs)
United won the title with 80 points in 2020/11. The max number of points we can get is 84. If we lose against Tottenham I think our title chances are gone.
Wonder if man like Tom.Gotze still reckons Leicester will drop off from top 4
im a bit late but : hehe
looking at the fixtures things dont look that bad.

Presuming both us and spurs win today, then:

Leicster - united (A), Chelsea (A) West ham(H) Everton (H)
Spurs - Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A) Man united (A) Chelsea (A) Stoke (A)
Arsenal (-3) Spurs (A) Man City (A) West ham (A) Everton (H)
City (-4 after game in hand) Liverpool (A) Man united (H) Chelsea (A) Arsenal (H) Southampton (A)

Could be worse.. I would say we are on par with leicster fixture wise, and only 3pts behind if we win today, is not a disaster.

Spurs fixtures at the end of april/start of may are lethal.. can see them dropping away to 3rd/4th during the run of Liverpool, united, stoke, west brom, chelsea.

City dont have it easy ether.

All in all, after the emotion has died down from last week, and now Leicester have shown a few cracks in their Armour, things are not looking so bleak.

Loose to spurs and its game-over though. A draw would not be to bad of a result.. putting us 3pts behind, with easier fixtures.. but a loss would just re-in force their confidence and give them more space to drop points in their tough run in.

Latest