The Student Room Group

How often do you social media stalk your ex?

My boyfriend gave me his facebook password the other day, because he wanted to show me something on his newsfeed but couldn't be bothered to screenshot it.

I have two laptops (An old one I use mainly for browsing and watching netflix and a new one I mainly use for work) I signed into his facebook with my old laptop and forgot to sign out. This evening I went onto facebook with my old laptop (I only use it a couple of times) and forgot I was on his account until I started typing in the search bar and random people came up.

His most recent search was his ex. I know it doesn't mean he's cheating or anything like that, but I just felt uncomfortable because I knew they had a complicated and rocky relationship and it ended with her blocking him. Before we got together he mentioned she'd unblocked him after they'd bumped into each other at a pub.

However, I just feel a bit weirded out that he has been looking at her profile and they aren't even Facebook friends anymore, or have had any contact (as far as I'm aware). I'm not going to say anything to him because I know it's not that big a deal but I'm just curious how many people stalk their exes they aren't friends with on social media?

Scroll to see replies

Nearer the break up it was everyday, then after two weeks it was down to just once a week, and now I don't to look stalk that piece of **** at all.
LOOOL my ex literally hates my guts i've been friends with his brother for a while hes such a lovely person but i didn't tell him i was out with his brother..the minute his brother told him he blocked me and i lost such a good friend...:frown: but i stalk my ex ALLLL the time on social media and we dont even talk haha we were together for almost 3 years and i even have a couple of his pics saved on my phone loool creeepyyy:wink::biggrin:
TOO OFTEN. i hate myself for it
Original post by Salwachemi
LOOOL my ex literally hates my guts i've been friends with his brother for a while hes such a lovely person but i didn't tell him i was out with his brother..the minute his brother told him he blocked me and i lost such a good friend...:frown: but i stalk my ex ALLLL the time on social media and we dont even talk haha we were together for almost 3 years and i even have a couple of his pics saved on my phone loool creeepyyy:wink::biggrin:

:biggrin:

@ByronicHero
what a co-inka-dink.

I don't do this by the way but it's uncanny I had just mentioned it :lol:
Reply 5
Blocked them / been blocked on everything which is only a good thing
Original post by samina_ay
TOO OFTEN. i hate myself for it

Girl set yaself free.
Original post by EphemeralLove
:biggrin:

@ByronicHero
what a co-inka-dink.

I don't do this by the way but it's uncanny I had just mentioned it :lol:

:lol:

I bet you do though. :mmm:
Girl set yaself free.

you're right
Original post by ByronicHero
:lol:

I bet you do though. :mmm:

Well I did have photos of him in my PC right. But then it got a virus.

:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:

So I had to clean it out but my sister cleaned it out without saving anything first I hate her!!!!!!!
I think my ex's photos gave my PC a virus. Maybe it's for the best I just didn't get a chance to say goodbye lol
Pfft, she doesn't post anything, and it just made me upset seeing it anyway so I removed her :dontknow:

Don't see why you would, it can only hurt...
No but I stalk people I have a crush on
Reply 13
I don't have facebook, no pictures, no contact details, I even told our mutual friend if he dares mention her casually i'll never speak to him again. I still manage a somewhat monthly tumblr stalk though....
Haha never - he blocked me on everything :lol: saved me the trouble come to think of it! Considering I don't even have facebook, it was quite easy to avoid him!
Original post by Indieboohoo1
No but I stalk people I have a crush on

I know a movie where a woman dug through her ex's trash. Gag.

It's called Tokyo Trash Baby.
Original post by Amellia123
Haha never - he blocked me on everything :lol: saved me the trouble come to think of it! Considering I don't even have facebook, it was quite easy to avoid him!

Lmao why'd the little lizard block you? :frown:
Lmao why'd the little lizard block you? :frown:

Because I ended it and he couldn't take the rejection... I mean come on it lasted about 2 months and we didn't even get on! :lol:
Original post by Amellia123
Because I ended it and he couldn't take the rejection... I mean come on it lasted about 2 months and we didn't even get on! :lol:

Omg same, for one little prick he blocked me. These butthurt little boys out here, I simply cannot :lol:
Omg same, for one little prick he blocked me. These butthurt little boys out here, I simply cannot :lol:

Hahaha same :lol: I didn't realise how moody/possessive he was before hand unfortunately, then my friend who has facebook told me he'd made all these posts about how he ended it with me!! The cheeky little so-and-so!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending