The Student Room Group

How do I study/revise as a kinaesthetic learner?

I've been trying out a variety of learning styles, but visual learning, such as mind maps don't seem to work, however kinaesthetic learning does seem to work(I seem to learn best by doing) - the only revision method I know of are flashcards but I don't know how to use them!... does anyone know what other techniques I could use for kinaesthetic learning? Thanks
I don't know what subjects this would become relevant to but associate things you tend to forget with things you see everyday:

stare at your lamp while you recite some definition you need to learn in your head, then when you look at the lamp again, you will think about that definition.
I honestly don't know, sorry

Spoiler

Original post by Bobjim12
I don't know what subjects this would become relevant to but associate things you tend to forget with things you see everyday:

stare at your lamp while you recite some definition you need to learn in your head, then when you look at the lamp again, you will think about that definition.

hmmm, okay thank you :smile:, that might work so I'll give that a try:biggrin:
Original post by Eternalflames
I honestly don't know, sorry

Spoiler

Hahaha made me LOL:biggrin:... Unfortunately I'm not a singer-songwriter.

Spoiler

Original post by bizzy_penguin
Hahaha made me LOL:biggrin:... Unfortunately I'm not a singer-songwriter.

Spoiler

Aww, sorry babes xxx
You could make a revision dance like Miley? :biggrin:
Sounds like the answers you get when do a quiz on the internet or buzzfeed. I think its BS and I would stick to old-school making notes and doing past papers. No need to dance or stare at light bulbs when your exams are in, I'm assuming, 3 months or so...
Original post by Eternalflames
Aww, sorry babes xxx
You could make a revision dance like Miley? :biggrin:

er no thank you.
I might stick to flash cards and attempt mnemonics.

Spoiler

Original post by lahorizon
Sounds like the answers you get when do a quiz on the internet or buzzfeed. I think its BS and I would stick to old-school making notes and doing past papers. No need to dance or stare at light bulbs when your exams are in, I'm assuming, 3 months or so...

cheers.:smile: I have already a folder of nicely written out notes, meaning I just need to remember it, although I seem remember when re-reading my notes, my tutors voice seems to be reading them which may work as they made the lessons humourous, meaning I occaisionally tend to remember them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bizzy_penguin
cheers.:smile: I have already a folder of nicely written out notes, meaning I just need to remember it, although I seem remember when re-reading my notes, my tutors voice seems to be reading them which may work as they made the lessons humourous, meaning I occaisionally tend to remember them.

If you learn to apply the facts you learn or content you make to scenarios or use them in answers and do like a chain of thought clearly where you bring in everything relevant, you will remember facts better.

Quick Reply

Latest