The Student Room Group

FailedMyMocks Turning This Ship Arouuuund

Hello there. I FAILED my mocks.BADLY. However, this has given me the kick in the backside that I needed and Iwant to turn this around ASAP. The subjects I take are Maths, Further Maths,Chem and Biology.

Here's what I got in the mocks(With 0 REVISION)
D C1-Ithought(before the exam) that I could ace C1 without revising being a 'Further Mathematician' however I forgot how to apply all the equations on section B andhence I ended up with a D.

C S1 - Poor. Expected to dobetter.

D Biology- Terrible, JustTerrible. This is probably my toughest subject as there is unbelievable amountof content that you have to just memorise.

E Chemistry - Abit of a surprise as I was expecting to do better.

E Further maths FP1 - Yeaaaah.No revision whatsoever. Was sort of expecting it tbh.

Rightthen. As you can see, I have done poor. Extremely poor. At the end of AS iwould liked to have achieved AABC. A's in Maths and FM. I don’t mind whatsubjects the B or C would come in.
I’mgoing to blog my journey as I have seen others do and hope to motivate myselfand inspire others to show that you can turn it around in this small amount oftime. I just hope I can do it!
I’ll beposting every couple of days or when I get the chance/ feel I have made someprogress. Feel free to ask any questions.
1st March:
Did a C1 Paper (June 2006); 54/72 (JUST scraped an A)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by FailedMyMocks
1st March:
Did a C1 Paper (June 2010);

how was it?
2nd March:
Did the Specimen Chemistry Paper (Using MarkScheme) to try and understand the layout and exam format.
Original post by Jassy16
how was it?

I have given it to my teacher to mark. I'll let you know as soon as!
6th March:
Did a couple of C1 papers over the weekend.

Going over the chemistry textbook especially Organic Chem. I need to understand mechanisms!
6th March:
Did a couple of C1 papers over the weekend.

Going over the chemistry textbook especially Organic Chem. I need to understand mechanisms!

So how did everything go for you and what are you doing 2 years later?
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
So how did everything go for you and what are you doing 2 years later?

3 exams left until my freedom from A levels.
It has gone well. Been a tough year, not so much academically but more mentally since I have been without my year group and friends. Going to the University of Leeds hopefully, I have firmed Computer Science and Mathematics.
Thanks for asking :smile:
3 exams left until my freedom from A levels.
It has gone well. Been a tough year, not so much academically but more mentally since I have been without my year group and friends. Going to the University of Leeds hopefully, I have firmed Computer Science and Mathematics.
Thanks for asking :smile:

Amazing - wish I could say the same. Doing A2s and I have exams until 22nd June :angry:

Well done for pulling through though and hopefully you'll make plenty of friends at uni! BTW why do you only have 3 exams? I'm assuming you're doing A2s or are you just retaking some exams?
Amazing - wish I could say the same. Doing A2s and I have exams until 22nd June :angry:

Well done for pulling through though and hopefully you'll make plenty of friends at uni! BTW why do you only have 3 exams? I'm assuming you're doing A2s or are you just retaking some exams?

I have basically done my A level maths last year and had to stay behind a year to finish off Further Mathematics (A2) and Finance. I have already completed my finance exams and I have 3 maths ones left. 1st one is on the 16th May, 2nd 15th June and last 25th June. Idk whether to laugh or cry. I just want them over with to be quite honest!

I got an A in my A level maths
I got an A in AS further maths
and also an A in my AS finance qualification

Been a long road but there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Sorry went off on a tangent lol - What subjects are you doing?
I have basically done my A level maths last year and had to stay behind a year to finish off Further Mathematics (A2) and Finance. I have already completed my finance exams and I have 3 maths ones left. 1st one is on the 16th May, 2nd 15th June and last 25th June. Idk whether to laugh or cry. I just want them over with to be quite honest!

I got an A in my A level maths
I got an A in AS further maths
and also an A in my AS finance qualification

Been a long road but there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Ah that's awesome though, I;d be lucky with a B in maths at this rate :colondollar:

You're right, it all pays off in the end so good on you for persevering.

I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths and my exams start on 5th June and haven't really started revising...all motivation gone LOL
Ah that's awesome though, I;d be lucky with a B in maths at this rate :colondollar:

I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths and my exams start on 5th June and haven't really started revising...all motivation gone LOL

You've got a couple weeks yet. Honestly, for math just hit the past papers as soon as possible its the best way to know what you do and do not understand. Learn from your mistakes. Rinse and Repeat for the next paper. Keep doing this until you are consistently getting good marks.

Sorry I can't give you much advice for Chem and Bio as I dropped them after my first year :colondollar:.

how far are you into your bio revision?

Quick Reply

Latest