The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
looking at the fixtures things dont look that bad.

Presuming both us and spurs win today

wishful thinking
Arsenal are finished this idea that the other teams will just lay down for Arsenal to win is a joke to me
as much as we are playing like garbage and look out of it, there are still 11 games to go, and we could be joint top after the spurs game.....
we may be in and out of the race multiple times up untill the end of the season
it would be nice if the team could install an ounce of confidencein the fans that we might have a chance....
Reply 4983
We don't even deserve the title though. Even if we win it this year it won't feel like an acomplishment/will be very anti climatical
Reply 4984
4th again lads or nah? Feel 3-2 give your thoughts...
Original post by AR_95
We don't even deserve the title though. Even if we win it this year it won't feel like an acomplishment/will be very anti climatical

Disagree to be honest. Chelsea won last year against a pretty dire league, and united have won in the past from just being slightly better then the rest of the under-performing league.

It cant be a huge title race between a number of top teams, all on form, every year..

Sure the competition is Leicester and spurs this year, not a race with Chelsea + united, but its to do them a disservice to say that beating them will mean we don't deserve the title.
Reply 4986
Original post by fallen_acorns
Disagree to be honest. Chelsea won last year against a pretty dire league, and united have won in the past from just being slightly better then the rest of the under-performing league.

It cant be a huge title race between a number of top teams, all on form, every year..

Sure the competition is Leicester and spurs this year, not a race with Chelsea + united, but its to do them a disservice to say that beating them will mean we don't deserve the title.

What's the point of calling the league dire, when it has been even worse this year? Chelsea still had like only 2 premier league losses until they pretty much wrapped the title up and then it didn't matter. Our form has been shocking this season and we've been grinding out points poorly. It doesn't need to be a huge title race, I'm not asking for it to be, but we've regressed in terms of performance and consistency in the last two seasons so even if we did win it, it just screams fluke. Teams like UTD, Chelsea and Liverpool and possibly City have excuses for dropping off this season. Arsenal have no excuse. We're supposedly meant to improve from 2013/2014 where we finished with 79 pts, but we finished with less last season, and we're going to finish with even less this season. We are severely underperforming but people are oblivious to how serious it is just because of how **** everyone else is. Fact is that it's only a matter of time before Liverpool, Chelsea, City and UTD sort them selves out, we may even miss out on top 4 let alone wanting a title. I have no faith in the board to find a suitable replacement for Wenger either, especially if they don't have the balls to fire him in the first place.
Reply 4987
Santi being out is a massive blow. We really miss him, haven't been as creative as we were with him in the squad.

Also a little worried for tonight, we always seem to struggle vs the sheep ****ers at home.. they completely park the bus on us. If we don't get a goal early I'd begin to really worry for us..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Santi being out is a massive blow. We really miss him, haven't been as creative as we were with him in the squad.

Also a little worried for tonight, we always seem to struggle vs the sheep ****ers at home.. they completely park the bus on us. If we don't get a goal early I'd begin to really worry for us..

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as I hate the fat midget, he's needed with Coquelin's limitations.
So with that Cazorla setback a playmaker to replace Arteta is the main priority. Someone who can play alongside Coquelin. If Ozil leaves we can just shift Ramsey further forward, that guy seems really uninterested in doing any defensive work in midfield.
Reply 4990
Original post by shawn_o1
So with that Cazorla setback a playmaker to replace Arteta is the main priority. Someone who can play alongside Coquelin. If Ozil leaves we can just shift Ramsey further forward, that guy seems really uninterested in doing any defensive work in midfield.

Ramsey's attacking work isn't filling me with too much optimism either. Ozil leaving will be an absolutely massive blow for us, and if he does we'd need to hunt for a world class CAM.

I assumed we were bound to make a Arteta replacement signing anyway tbh, with TR7 and Flamini (hopefully) on his way out too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Ramsey's attacking work isn't filling me with too much optimism either. Ozil leaving will be an absolutely massive blow for us, and if he does we'd need to hunt for a world class CAM.

I assumed we were bound to make a Arteta replacement signing anyway tbh, with TR7 and Flamini (hopefully) on his way out too

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is Wenger we're talking about. I always assume that needing a player in a certain position is basically a guarantee that we won't buy one.
Reply 4993
Petr Cech is magic..
Reply 4994
He wears a magic hat
Reply 4995
He could have stayed at Chelsea
Reply 4996
But he said no **** that
Reply 4997
He saves it with his left hand
Reply 4998
He saves it with his right..
Reply 4999
And when we win the league again we'll sing this song all night!

Latest