The Student Room Group

Chondromalacia Patella?

Hi;

I am due to have a meeting with several people, one of whom has Chondromalacia Patella. What can I do to minimise their pain/discomfort, make sure they are ok?

It is possible there maybe some bending/kneeling etc involved during this meeting.....so wanting to know is this an absolute contraindication?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by apronedsamurai
Hi;

I am due to have a meeting with several people, one of whom has Chondromalacia Patella. What can I do to minimise their pain/discomfort, make sure they are ok?

It is possible there maybe some bending/kneeling etc involved during this meeting.....so wanting to know is this an absolute contraindication?

Really the best thing you can do is ask them and be accomodating. Maybe make sure you have something soft for them to kneel on if they have to or try to make it possible for them to avoid it.

If they have it they will probably already have ways of managing it in day to day situations like this, so just let them do what they need to.

Oh and what do you mean by your last question?
Reply 2
Original post by Kindred
Really the best thing you can do is ask them and be accomodating. Maybe make sure you have something soft for them to kneel on if they have to or try to make it possible for them to avoid it.

If they have it they will probably already have ways of managing it in day to day situations like this, so just let them do what they need to.

Oh and what do you mean by your last question?

Basically, if the pain they would experience as a result of potentially bending would be so severe/damaging/limiting to them, that I should not get them to bend at all.

Quick Reply

Latest