The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Do you mean class has done or.youve revised those topics? If the latter very impressive

I've done them in class but also revised for depression, media and aggression
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hi it seems no one has made a thread for the AQA 2016 psychology i could only find the 2015 one, and the 2016 OCR one, so i thought ill make one.

Psychology 2015 grades

AS grade B
A2 predicted A

for unit 3 i'm doing sleep relationships and aggression for unit 4 addiction depression and research methods.

Feel free to ask any questions

Good luck with the A grade ! Hope you get it. I have found websites like simple psychology really really helpful,, I am doing the new spec AQA A so apparently its way different to what you are doing. I have some friends in year 13 and they are going to these couses in Windsor, Malpcourses . co . uk, they have individual day sessions on things like aggression and Research methods for AS and A2. I am not going to the paper two course for AS butc can't afford to do both. I think they only do AQA ,maybe Ocr aswell, not sure, but I missed the London courses so this will do.
Anyone doing AS I would like to share ideas and get some help with certain topics! Also anyone else on her going to the my a level psychology courses in Windsor?
I'm doing PSYA3- Perception, aggression and relationships. PSYA4- Addiction and Schizophrenia
Reply 44
trying to condense my essays in order for me to be able to memorize them all, for A02/A03 if i described one study really well and gave it multiple evaluation points, for example maybe 8 points as well as 2 IDAs would i be able to still get a high grade B/A , as i understand you don't need to cover 16 marks in the evaluation to get a high grade maybe only 10 marks really so thinking i might as well only learn enough evaluation for 10 marks to cut down all the information i have to memorize.

AS - Grade B
A2 - hoping for a B or and A if possible
Reply 45
Original post by m1gg1n
trying to condense my essays in order for me to be able to memorize them all, for A02/A03 if i described one study really well and gave it multiple evaluation points, for example maybe 8 points as well as 2 IDAs would i be able to still get a high grade B/A , as i understand you don't need to cover 16 marks in the evaluation to get a high grade maybe only 10 marks really so thinking i might as well only learn enough evaluation for 10 marks to cut down all the information i have to memorize.

AS - Grade B
A2 - hoping for a B or and A if possible

You need to evaluate the theory as a whole in relation to the studies, not just the studies alone as you wont score high marks with this. Also I would advise you to try and learn more, for example 4 good evaluation points and 2 IDA's, rather than just aiming for 10 marks because there is no guarantee that you will get those 10 marks, so its better to learn more, so theres more of a chance of you getting a high mark.
Reply 46
Yeah i've not had a teacher for 4 months so kind of not got a choice with aiming for the high grade as well as revising my other subjects.
Original post by RodneyRaver
Good luck with the A grade ! Hope you get it. I have found websites like simple psychology really really helpful,, I am doing the new spec AQA A so apparently its way different to what you are doing. I have some friends in year 13 and they are going to these couses in Windsor, Malpcourses . co . uk, they have individual day sessions on things like aggression and Research methods for AS and A2. I am not going to the paper two course for AS butc can't afford to do both. I think they only do AQA ,maybe Ocr aswell, not sure, but I missed the London courses so this will do.

Which organisation is it ?
I am not sure. What organisations are there?
Is anyone doing schizophrenia, anomalistic and research methods?
Reply 50
Original post by ellie0497

I am doing schizophrenia.

Here
Reply 52
I made voice notes of Aggression, Relationships, Eating Behaviour, Addiction and Schizophrenia using my Macbook's Text to Speech generator, each essay is like 9 mins long so perfect to listen to before doing the essays or on the way to school and back, you can sacrifice listening to music for a few months lol. They're from my A* essay notes. They're good and easy to understand but take a bit to get used to the computer voice but it's all good. Trying to find a way to upload them somehow.
Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 11.49.50.png
Hello people

I have a code here that may benefit anyone looking to go on psychology revision courses. I hope it helps. Its for malpcourses co uk in Windsor and the code is 50AQA its a flash sale code so I am not sure how long it is on for but if you are near Windsor and do aqa it could be a big help.

Rodney

HEY! My Cousin in the year above is and we are going to malpcourses in Windsor. I have a code because we have 7 from our school going. Hope it helps

malpcourses co uk code is 50AQA

I think they have courses for schizophrenia and other topics at A2 and they have resit courses as well as my cousin is doing paper one again

:smile:
also right now they are running competitions on twitter for a level psychology textbooks!! get involved @myalevelpsych
Got an A* in my psychology mock!
Original post by theasian_csl
Which organisation is it ?

Got it, its my a level psychology ltd aka malpcourses com or malpcourse co uk
Original post by A-LJLB
Got an A* in my psychology mock!

brap brap well done dude
Original post by m1gg1n
Yeah i've not had a teacher for 4 months so kind of not got a choice with aiming for the high grade as well as revising my other subjects.

woo just seen this, why havn't your school got you another teacher? Are you teaching yourself? simple psychology is a good website, has helped me loads, its practically structured how to write essays and it also makes points quite clear

Latest

Trending

Trending