The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by galanacci
Just got declined from UCL today after my interview but it's all good Cardiff's got me. So anyone here picking Cardiff as their firm choice?

Sorry to hear that. I had my interview on the 9th Feb and still haven't heard. Anyone else still in the same boat??
Original post by theocider
Sorry to hear that. I had my interview on the 9th Feb and still haven't heard. Anyone else still in the same boat??

Me too, mine was AM aswell
Original post by PQ
Hi guys

I have really enjoyed nosing at all your portfolios. It seems like one of the things applicants struggle with (there isn't a lot of great advice in schools/sixth forms).

I'm thinking of putting together a new sticky thread for the Architecture and the Built Environment forum pulling together all your recommendations in this thread about which portfolio sites are best and wondered if any of you would be willing to have your portfolios linked there with the universities you applied and whether you got interviewed/offered.

There's questions here every year about what a good portfolio looks like and there's a real variety in this thread that could help future applicants.

I was thinking of doing this in a month or so when most offers are in - or even better if one of you wants to make the thread and give me a shout I'll sticky it :smile:

Don't often share my work but think it's time for a digital portfolio https://hyarchi.carbonmade.com , hope this helps:smile:
Original post by hyarchi
Don't often share my work but think it's time for a digital portfolio https://hyarchi.carbonmade.com , hope this helps:smile:

absolutely AMAZING! that is the best portfolio i v ever seen!
btw r u from Hong Kong?
Original post by JianW
Got an offer from Edinburgh yesterday! ABB. Im also applying to Cambridge, Bath, Cardiff and UCL.

How's the UCL Task coming along?! Anybody called for interview yet?

Good luck! Please let us know if you have any questions about studying at the University of Bath.

Hayden
here is my bartlett task, I had an interview on the 9th feb but haven't heard yet whether i've got an offer. I'm currently transferring all my work from my blogger portfolio to my carbonnade one.

theosyder.carbonmade.com
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by afang02
absolutely AMAZING! that is the best portfolio i v ever seen!
btw r u from Hong Kong?

Thanks! Yep I'm from Hong Kong, you're from...?
Original post by hyarchi

im from China mainland :smile:
Original post by hyarchi

Im from Hong kong too! What year are you in now?
Original post by Maria2698
I got an offer!

Well done! When did you send off your portfolio? I've been waiting over two weeks -_-
here is my bartlett task, I had an interview on the 9th feb but haven't heard yet whether i've got an offer. I'm currently transferring all my work from my blogger portfolio to my carbonnade one.

theosyder.carbonmade.com

love this.
Reply 1071

theosyder.carbonmade.com

WOW! You really went all out hey! That's incredible - so much thought process etc must have gone into them! Have you received an offer?
- I just walked around my house with a sketchpad and a stool aahah
Original post by cowie
WOW! You really went all out hey! That's incredible - so much thought process etc must have gone into them! Have you received an offer?
- I just walked around my house with a sketchpad and a stool aahah

Thanks! No I haven't, I had my interview on the 9th and literally want to go there more than anything. I'm literally refreshing UCAS Track every hour. It is so hard to know what they want and are looking for, but I really liked your task especially the one that seemed from below with the door.
Original post by PQ
Hi guys

I have really enjoyed nosing at all your portfolios. It seems like one of the things applicants struggle with (there isn't a lot of great advice in schools/sixth forms).

I'm thinking of putting together a new sticky thread for the Architecture and the Built Environment forum pulling together all your recommendations in this thread about which portfolio sites are best and wondered if any of you would be willing to have your portfolios linked there with the universities you applied and whether you got interviewed/offered.

There's questions here every year about what a good portfolio looks like and there's a real variety in this thread that could help future applicants.

I was thinking of doing this in a month or so when most offers are in - or even better if one of you wants to make the thread and give me a shout I'll sticky it :smile:

I know you may get this alot, but would you mind giving me feedback on my portfolio?

https://devhalai.carbonmade.com/

Would mean alot, thanks
Original post by larra7
I have recently received an email from MSA saying "Your application was amongst the very best we have received and therefore we would like to invite you to attend a Taster Afternoon on Tuesday 8th March from 12.45pm to 4pm."
I guess they sent quite a lot of these, but I was curious whether anyone had any idea what it actually is. Some sort of Open Day?
MSA is my last choice, I do not really like it, but I still take it into consideration; therefore, please PM me if you know anything. :smile:

I got one of those letters as well from MSA. Think it is just a standard offers holders event - where they try to whoo you and you get to look around before the firming/insuring decisions.

Why is it your last choice?
https://georgiagreen.carbonmade.com/ this is mine. i'm struggling with retaining my modesty whilst wanting to join in with the portfolio reviews, so if anyone wants to see the full porfolio (which could be inspo if anyone is wanting to see a successful ucl porfolio still for late interviews) then don't hesitate to pm.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1076
Original post by georgiaaahg
https://georgiagreen.carbonmade.com/ this is mine. i'm struggling with retaining my modesty whilst wanting to join in with the portfolio reviews, so if anyone wants to see the full porfolio (which could be inspo if anyone is wanting to see a successful ucl porfolio still for late interviews) then don't hesitate to pm.

Did you get an offer?! Love your task so much! Great idea for it!.. I'm really wondering how on earth I got an interview now, considering my task was so simple..
- I especially like your head tilting instructions:wink:
Original post by cowie
Did you get an offer?! Love your task so much! Great idea for it!.. I'm really wondering how on earth I got an interview now, considering my task was so simple..
- I especially like your head tilting instructions:wink:

i did, no i like your task! imo your task shows precision and space ect. sometimes simplicity is a good thing, like just being senstive and analytical of the space around you. and yeah, i put it together really quickly so i couldn't be bothered to rotate haha
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1078
Original post by georgiaaahg
i did, no i like your task! imo your task shows precision and space ect. sometimes simplicity is a good thing, like just being senstive and analytical of the space around you. and yeah, i put it together really quickly so i couldn't be bothered to rotate haha

Awesome! Congratulations!! I may see you in September then!!
When did you get your offer?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cowie
Awesome! Congratulations!! I may see you in September then!!

yeah! good luck on getting AAB, but obvs the bartlett is worth working for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending