The Student Room Group

M6 Edexcel Papers

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Very nice, my level is nowhere near this. But thank you for providing your resources, as always.
(edited 8 years ago)
How come Edexcel stopped this? :angry:

Thank you btw
Original post by Student403
How come Edexcel stopped this? :angry:

Thank you btw

Before they invented the C modules, there were only 6 pure modules, so 6 mechanics modules as well meant that you could do just pure and mechanics and get 2 A levels. Once the number of pure modules increased to 7, the number of people taking M6 was going to be ridiculously small, so it wasn't worth running it.

There were only in the mid 200s taking M5 last summer.
Original post by tiny hobbit
Before they invented the C modules, there were only 6 pure modules, so 6 mechanics modules as well meant that you could do just pure and mechanics and get 2 A levels. Once the number of pure modules increased to 7, the number of people taking M6 was going to be ridiculously small, so it wasn't worth running it.

There were only in the mid 200s taking M5 last summer.

Oh wow. Do you think that will be scrapped soon?
Original post by Student403
Oh wow. Do you think that will be scrapped soon?

Things are all different from first exams 2019 (first teaching from September 2017), so I doubt whether they'll change anything before then. The numbers doing M5 have been reasonably steady over the last few years.
Things are all different from first exams 2019 (first teaching from September 2017), so I doubt whether they'll change anything before then. The numbers doing M5 have been reasonably steady over the last few years.

Ah I see
Original post by Zacken
Very nice, nowhere near my level. But thank you for providing your resources, as always.

We appreciate the modesty.
Original post by TeeEm
I was pleasantly surprised as to how many people are interested/practicing mechanics, no longer in the syllabus.
two or three users asked me to upload the M6 papers

So here they are

Thanks for sharing!

I would rep you but it's not letting me :colonhash:
Original post by TeeEm
I was pleasantly surprised as to how many people are interested/practicing mechanics, no longer in the syllabus.

So here they are

PRSOM, thank you as always TeeEm :h:
Reply 10
Original post by Joshthemathmo
PRSOM, thank you as always TeeEm :h:

my pleasure as always
Original post by Bath_Student
We appreciate the modesty.

Mechanics isn't his strong point, so this looks like a typo tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by drandy76
Mechanics isn't his strong point, so this looks like a typo tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Nowhere near my level" = I'm not capable of anything close to this. I fail to see how it could be interpreted in the other way. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
"Nowhere near my level" = I'm not capable of anything close to this. I fail to see how it could be interpreted in the other way. :lol:

It's just the structuring of the words, but the phrase is often used for the contrary case, 'my level is nowhere near this' is much less ambiguous which is how I took it to mean when I read it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by drandy76
It's just the structuring of the words, but the phrase is often used for the contrary case, 'my level is nowhere near this' is much less ambiguous which is how I took it to mean when I read it

Fair enough, I hadn't even considered the contrary case. Oh well, I've edited it to make it less ambiguous, thank you. Looks like I have a fair few haters on here. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
Fair enough, I hadn't even considered the contrary case. Oh well, I've edited it to make it less ambiguous, thank you. Looks like I have a fair few haters on here. :tongue:

No problemo, although seem to recall this guy has done something like this before you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm

So here they are

I took the 2003 paper :wink: fun times!
Reply 17
Original post by shamika
I took the 2003 paper :wink: fun times!

happy days!

S4 on OCR MEI has always been about 30-40 students yearly IIRC
Original post by newblood
S4 on OCR MEI has always been about 30-40 students yearly IIRC

I believe that the numbers for Edexcel S4 are also tiny. They tried to scrap it in 2004 but the few schools that did it kicked up a fuss.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending