The Student Room Group

stupidness lets me down in interviews

have a uni interview tomorrow but i'm nervous i'm going to mess it up, in interviews i go brain dead, my mind goes blank and it seems like i have a personality of a brick wall... for example they tell me to explain my work and i won't know how... so far 2 unis have said they like my work but i have trouble explaining it so have rejected me... i just get nervous.. help?!
Reply 1
pretend-outside the room, you are a cop and uyou just saves the world. it works. stand in positions of power. memoreise a few things to say about yur wok.
Original post by heythere468
have a uni interview tomorrow but i'm nervous i'm going to mess it up, in interviews i go brain dead, my mind goes blank and it seems like i have a personality of a brick wall... for example they tell me to explain my work and i won't know how... so far 2 unis have said they like my work but i have trouble explaining it so have rejected me... i just get nervous.. help?!

It's a bit late now seeing as your interview is tomorrow, but the key is to practice.
Being up so late stressing about it surely won't help...
The solution is to practice until it seems natural.
Reply 5
You are thinking way too much. That is your problem. You have obsessed about being brain dead at interviews for so long that now you are scared by the idea of interview. The key is to think of it as just a normal conversation you have with someone you have just met. The interviewer is not from another world...he is just a person who judges you by the way you speak...Everybody judges and forms an opinion about you when you meet them for the first time. There is no reason to fret and lose sleep. Think of the interview as a conversation you are having with your friend. Understand that you are not lesser than anybody else. Just go out there, have faith in your abilities and be yourself! And everything else will fall in place. All the very best :smile:
Reply 6
Practice, practice and practice! Until you know a script of what you want to say so well that you can reel it out in your sleep. The art of performing well in interviews is being able to recite the appropriate portions of your prepared script.

Spend today practicing in one hour snippets with 15-30 mins breaks in between. Try to relax and good luck. View your interviewers like they are sat there in their underwear and you were the only one sensible enough to arrive fully clothed!
Practise answering similar questions. Know more about the subject.
Original post by HS2030
pretend-outside the room, you are a cop and uyou just saves the world. it works. stand in positions of power. memoreise a few things to say about yur wok.

I would not take advice from someone incapable of spelling correctly.
Original post by Username002.0

How do you know that they can't spell correctly? From what I can see they didn't even use the word correctly in the post you quoted.
Original post by mscaffrey
How do you know that they can't spell correctly? From what I can see they didn't even use the word correctly in the post you quoted.

How do I even go about explaining this one?
*Stupidity lets me down in interviews
Original post by heythere468

You can try getting cerebral-electrode treatment. Its not free and it takes a few sessions but has proven very effective at neutralizing feelings of anxiety, despair and reduces symptoms of nervous disorders.

In the short term I guess your buggered mate. You will just have to face up to stuff the best you can.
plan some answers to common questions, get someone to do practice interviews with you

in the interview if you feel yourself freezing up, it's a uni interview you can say 'sorry, I'm really nervous, I would love to come here', take a second to have a couple of deep breaths and think before you start talking, it's not going to reflect badly on you
Reply 14
Original post by Username002.0

LOL XD
i just realised how rubbish this looks
:rofl::rofl:
soory. my keyboard had a water spill, so im on different laptop atm
:tongue:
Stupidity lets me down in everyday life :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending