The Student Room Group

Student finaince application! Help

I have just applied for student finance. My mum recently passed away and i dont know who my father is. I'm worried because I'm afraid I've chosen the wrong box which is 'Both parents have died' when it asked where my parents are as i felt it was the most appropriate but I am not sure about my father. I live with my grandfather now who helps support me. Have I ticked the wrong box? Is it too late now? Please help! :frown:
Original post by Haywee
I have just applied for student finance. My mum recently passed away and i dont know who my father is. I'm worried because I'm afraid I've chosen the wrong box which is 'Both parents have died' when it asked where my parents are as i felt it was the most appropriate but I am not sure about my father. I live with my grandfather now who helps support me. Have I ticked the wrong box? Is it too late now? Please help! :frown:

I think you picked exactly the right box - there's no box that fits both circumstances for you and so you picked the box that applies for the parent that mattered. SFE might ask for evidence for what you've said.

Sorry to hear about your mum - this isn't something to worry yourself about.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
I think you picked exactly the right box - there's no box that fits both circumstances for you and so you picked the box that applies for the parent that mattered. SFE might ask for evidence for what you've said.

Sorry to hear about your mum - this isn't something to worry yourself about.

Thank you! It seems to have been resolved - have posted the requested documents to student finance including my declaration form, but im slightly confused. In the correspondence history section it says my application has been successfull and i will recieve the money, however i have just posted the letter and the corrspondence was sent this morning, and they state on the website they cant process applications without the declation form? :s-smilie:
Original post by Haywee
Thank you! It seems to have been resolved - have posted the requested documents to student finance including my declaration form, but im slightly confused. In the correspondence history section it says my application has been successfull and i will recieve the money, however i have just posted the letter and the corrspondence was sent this morning, and they state on the website they cant process applications without the declation form? :s-smilie:

From looking through the forum there's a few gremlins in the system at the moment.

Give it a week and ring up to check that everything you posted has been received (and ask them to confirm that in writing).
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
From looking through the forum there's a few gremlins in the system at the moment.

Give it a week and ring up to check that everything you posted has been received (and ask them to confirm that in writing).

I will do. Thank you very much for your help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending