The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sabeeh123
Is UCL actually that good a uni? I was under the impression that LSE is better than UCL at whatever it does? Thats why i havent really considered firming ucl :O

They're both amazing for Law, the UCL offer holder day had me convinced, I think I'll probably end up firming them.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by JohnGreek
Reputation + the fact that I know a couple of people who have gotten into the same course already (admittedly not the best decision maker :biggrin: ) + the fact that it's almost identical to UCL on the rankings in every other way (student satisfaction, money spent per student, even contact hours are similar)

To be fair, I'd be happy going to either of them

Did you go to the offer holder day on Wednesday? It was great but I might wait for the LSE day to make up my mind.

(don't know why I'm being so aspirational, my progress this year has been horrific)
Hiya guys :smile: congrats on the offers for those I haven't already praised btw :wink:

So a bit of a dilemma: I've received 4/5 acceptances (incl. LSE duh :wink:) and since I have been deciding on accommodation.

I'm still waiting on a decision to be made by St Andrew's, but at the same time I don't want to miss the boat for accommodation, especially given everyone seems to be applying for bae: Passfield :drool:

Any advice? 90% sure I'm firming LSE but I still wanna wait a bit for the offer y'know? But if if compromises my accommodation imma just have to withdraw from St Andrews :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redwhiteandbrit
Hiya guys :smile: congrats on the offers for those I haven't already praised btw :wink:

So a bit of a dilemma: I've received 4/5 acceptances (incl. LSE duh :wink:) and since I have been deciding on accommodation.

I'm still waiting on a decision to be made by St Andrew's, but at the same time I don't want to miss the boat for accommodation, especially given everyone seems to be applying for bae: Passfield :drool:

Any advice? 90% sure I'm firming LSE but I still wanna wait a bit for the offer y'know? But if if compromises my accommodation imma just have to withdraw from St Andrews :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because of the lottery system there doesn't appear to be an advantage in applying early. Many students who applied early last year did not get the first and second choice. Maybe check last last years posts. You have to consider the conditions of each offer and if St Andrews could be your insurance. I heard passfield had an open bar during Freshers week which proved very popular it depends on the social committee which changes each year.
Reply 264
Original post by maxime78
i also got an offer for the same MSc! see you in september then! anyone else?

I applied yesterday (fingers crossed). :s-smilie:

Just to know: how long did it take before they told you you were in?

I'm super nervous ahah
Anybody heard back from anywhere besides Urbanest?
Reply 266
Original post by antigone-
Anybody heard back from anywhere besides Urbanest?

Not yet! I'm hoping to get Bankside because I heard people there are pretty chill (all my top 4 preferences are there lmao). What about you?
Original post by Aadawg
Not yet! I'm hoping to get Bankside because I heard people there are pretty chill (all my top 4 preferences are there lmao). What about you?

Same :tongue: Applied to Northumberland House and Lillian Penson too but I really would like Bankside :colondollar:
I'm still waiting for mine
Original post by Aadawg

Original post by antigone-
Same :tongue: Applied to Northumberland House and Lillian Penson too but I really would like Bankside :colondollar:

I'm also applying to Bankside, top 4 all at Bankside too. What are our chances of getting in if 4 of the choices are Bankside?
Original post by thestarter
I'm also applying to Bankside, top 4 all at Bankside too. What are our chances of getting in if 4 of the choices are Bankside?

Honestly have no idea, I guess it depends on what we put our priorities down as? As in, if you applied for a single room and you put "I want a single room" as your priority, you're more likely to get a single maybe?
Math+econ here. :smile:
Original post by freefood
Did you go to the offer holder day on Wednesday? It was great but I might wait for the LSE day to make up my mind.

(don't know why I'm being so aspirational, my progress this year has been horrific)

I feel you - deciding between LSE and UCL was soo hard!
Ended up firming LSE, though :h:

Original post by redwhiteandbrit

Posted from TSR Mobile

I withdrew from Edinburgh a while ago to be able to firm LSE sooner.. (too bad, telling people I got 4/5 sounded really good in my head :biggrin:)
Really, I'd withdraw from St A's if you are set on going to LSE. It can only increase your chances of accommodation and another applicant might appreciate the St Andrew's offer I'm sure you'd get (:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joey4live
Possibly an unpopular notion but is anyone thinking of putting down LSE as their insurance choice?

Me! My UCL offer is A*AA and my LSE offer is AAB so I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do :smile:
Original post by MaviSa
I applied yesterday (fingers crossed). :s-smilie:

Just to know: how long did it take before they told you you were in?

I'm super nervous ahah

hey,

I sent my application mid-december... my last reference has been uploaded on the 5th of January and heard back from LSE mid-september

Hope to see you in september!! good luck
Original post by JohnGreek
Nothing yet -_-

Urbanest contacted me today to take my personal details and pay my deposit for Westminster bridge (ensuite room) !!

Which one are you applying to? King's cross? Westminster Bridge?
I'm struggling to choose accommodation, what has everyone else gone for and why?
Got an offer for BSc Politics & Philosophy last week, any recommendations regarding accomodation? I've read Passfield's nice for undergrads, is it so?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey Guys,this is probably a really silly question but I'm just wondering do you have to have your student loan fully sorted before you apply for accommodation?

How do you know which accommodation you will be able to afford and which ones you won't, if you don't even know what your student loan income is?

Massive thanks in advance. A little confused.
Original post by noorzpip
I'm struggling to choose accommodation, what has everyone else gone for and why?

Bankside, I believe it's the biggest hall with like 600 students and also the bar, tv lounge and computer room are spacious

Quick Reply