The Student Room Group

Why do guys like it when a girl is 'innocent'?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't want a virgin, what I would do with one of those?
I fell like a really weird preference for anyone, unless it's for religious reasons, if someone told be they liked because I was pure/innocent I'd back away slowly lol
Reply 22
Original post by Blondie987
I fell like a really weird preference for anyone, unless it's for religious reasons, if someone told be they liked because I was pure/innocent I'd back away slowly lol

I'd assume they wanted my blood for dragon rituals
Original post by whorace
I'd assume they wanted my blood for dragon rituals

Yeah, it sounds creepily sacrificial tbh and I will not be another statistic dammit!

Perhaps not 'pure', but liking 'innocent' isn't necessarily creepy, I don't think. :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
Perhaps not 'pure', but liking 'innocent' isn't necessarily creepy, I don't think. :smile:

If it's just a case of personality then fair enough but I've heard people saying things like 'pure' and it's pretty weird lol
If it's just a case of personality then fair enough but I've heard people saying things like 'pure' and it's pretty weird lol

Yeah, that's pretty weird. xD I meant 'innocent' in a personality sense. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Why do guys like it when a girl is 'innocent'? i mean in terms of the girl being attractive but being still a virgin while having done some other stuff. It also turns the guy on when the girl is a virgin but is really dirty minded?

my question is why? as a girl i wonder

Cause when a girl's got the innocent factor, they're just :sexface:
I dont know maybe it is an evolutionary thing if a girl is innocent then it is unlikely that her baby will not be someone else's . If a girl is promiscuous it is very off putting. Also if a girl is untouched it kind of makes you feel more special to her.
Original post by apronedsamurai
Coz then she reminds me of my favvy TSR member: CoolCavy :smile:

awww :blushing: prsom
you are so cute samurai :h: x
I don't know it just is very attractive to me. I don't have much experience either, I turned down some women (they were really promiscuous but w.e), I could have gotten experience if I wanted but I chose not to. I would rather do it with someone in a long relationship with and get married eventually. I don't know, it just is off putting knowing other guys have ****ed your woman. I would rather have her all to myself and she has me to herself only. I honestly don't know why this is, but if married someone who has slept with many men, I probably wouldn't be very faithful/committed to her
I think a lot of guys have that Borat to Pamela Anderson mentality, "I will uncork her", gives them sort of a sad kick.

Dunno why it's attractive for me, it's just something I find really attractive, but not for the same sort of reason as other guys, to me it gives you that wife that'll stick by you vibe.
Reply 32
Power dynamic, duh
Original post by kieran12321LFC
Cause when a girl's got the innocent factor, they're just :sexface:

whats an innocent factor?

Original post by karl pilkington
I dont know maybe it is an evolutionary thing if a girl is innocent then it is unlikely that her baby will not be someone else's . If a girl is promiscuous it is very off putting. Also if a girl is untouched it kind of makes you feel more special to her.

yeah of course, im so wary of losing my virginity. i havnt done it yet and im 19 bc i dont want to do to anyone i wouldnt see a long term future with. , i see sex as such big thing.

Original post by Bealzibub
I don't know it just is very attractive to me. I don't have much experience either, I turned down some women (they were really promiscuous but w.e), I could have gotten experience if I wanted but I chose not to. I would rather do it with someone in a long relationship with and get married eventually. I don't know, it just is off putting knowing other guys have ****ed your woman. I would rather have her all to myself and she has me to herself only. I honestly don't know why this is, but if married someone who has slept with many men, I probably wouldn't be very faithful/committed to her

exactly i want to be untouched when i meet my long term partner. i would only lose it to someone where it is 100% that we wll et married and hopefully spend the rest of our life together.
Reply 34
Original post by apronedsamurai
Coz then she reminds me of my favvy TSR member: CoolCavy :smile:

Smooth :rolleyes:
Original post by Longshot700
I think a lot of guys have that Borat to Pamela Anderson mentality, "I will uncork her", gives them sort of a sad kick.

Dunno why it's attractive for me, it's just something I find really attractive, but not for the same sort of reason as other guys, to me it gives you that wife that'll stick by you vibe.

haha yeah, i agree. im the type of person that would stick by no matter what and never cheat, never have done in relationships never will in the future
Original post by emilyjc17
It is
As I said, if a guy really wants that he's probably insecure or a douche basing his opinion of women on whether or not they still have a hymen.

FYI all women have hymens. It's a myth that they are broken or "popped" they're stretchy tissue that goes back to normal after anything has been inserted or removed like a tampon or a penis.
Because it means shes not a slag :colone:
Original post by Anonymous
whats an innocent factor?

yeah of course, im so wary of losing my virginity. i havnt done it yet and im 19 bc i dont want to do to anyone i wouldnt see a long term future with. , i see sex as such big thing.

exactly i want to be untouched when i meet my long term partner. i would only lose it to someone where it is 100% that we wll et married and hopefully spend the rest of our life together.

The innocent factor is just a girl being innocent. I like it and so do most of my mates cause it's quite feminine and girly for a girl to be innocent if ygm
When it's out of religious context, I think virginity can be seen as a fetish.

For example, Angela Carters Bloody chamber has a theme of virgin women running though the book. So I'm just going to paste a synopsis here and bold the parts that I think are relevant :smile:

"VirginityRelated to the principle theme of sexuality is the idea of virginity, and many of the heroines (and one hero) of the stories are virgins. In the world of The Bloody Chamber, virginity is both an invitation for corruption and a kind of strength or shield. In the stories that focus on sexual violence and manipulation (like “The Bloody Chamber” or “The Tiger’s Bride”) the virginity of the heroines is their most attractive quality to the bestial men who desire them.

To the Marquis, for example, the heroine’s virginity is an innocence that can be corrupted and destroyed.Though virginity inherently means a kind of innocence, in Carter’s stories it has a unique strength as well. Twice she describes a character’s virginity as like a “pentacle” protecting them from harm, and she illustrates the power of virginity as the power of potential, like a stone about to fall. In several stories, when the heroine loses her virginity this act also releases a kind of transformative power that is more than sexual often a kind of metamorphosis. Throughout the book virginity is like the blank slate, the potential for sexual violence, a metamorphosis of the self, or both."

Of course this is extreme and disregard the parts about sexual violence and manipulation (Angela carter is known to be extreme :tongue:), but I truly believe there are similarities here and certain links to your question, because virginity does equal to inexperience and innocence it means that men sexually do have that "transformative" power/ turning girl to a woman. It's an attractive quality because it does have to do a lot with their ego and power.

Long story short virginity is basically just a man made construct and some men fetishise it.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending