The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE FOR 01/03/16

Today I found out some more mock results - but also when my German assessment (writing) will be - on my Birthday :biggrin: (fun)

Also, I managed to get this done:

Coastal erosion notes

Drafted questions for revision cards on coastal erosion

Written more on my German coursework

Let me know how you're getting on, I'd love to know :smile:
Original post by Asiimov
Just a piece of advice that might not be relevant right now, any opportunities you get to extra-curricular stuff even if its small, you should take. Like NCS, DofE etc. Any talks or lectures around subjects you like too :smile:

That's definitely relevant - I had a college interview today and they said that I should think about whether doing 4 A-Levels and more enrichment activities is better than 5 A-Levels, so I will take this into consideration - Thank you :smile:
Original post by ibte10
Well Paper 2 is about People and the Planet. Topics include Tourism, Development, Globalization, MEDCS and LEDCs and a few more topics.

Well in AQA we do a Human paper and a Physical Paper and two of the topics from the Human paper are Tourism and Development so you could maybe look at generic sites or some aimed at AQA as they may cover the same info :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Well in AQA we do a Human paper and a Physical Paper and two of the topics from the Human paper are Tourism and Development so you could maybe look at generic sites or some aimed at AQA as they may cover the same info :smile:

I think i may have a look. Thanks!
Original post by ibte10
I think i may have a look. Thanks!

No problem - let me know how you do - and good luck :smile:
UPDATE

Today I'd like to get this done:

Some Geography past papers on Coasts
More revision notes and draft questions for Geography
Look into cogs and gears - for aptitude tests
Write more German
What did you get???:u::u:
Original post by Username3097486
Hey again, i was just wondering, do you think typing notes can be better for hand-written notes? Thanks

Heya (sorry I must have missed your comment :smile:)

I find that writing them makes them stick more but I prefer the neatness of typed notes so I initially write them out by hand to revise the info and then a few days later I will type it up so that I am recapping the info with an interval but then I also have them neat and organised

Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply
Original post by veganavb
What did you get???:u::u:

In what? :h:
Geography Paper 2 was fairly good i think although there were some difficult questions that i was quite unsure about. Tomorrow is Maths Paper 2 and Geography Paper 2- decision making paper. Paper 1 for Maths was quite easy so i am expecting something more difficult tomorrow for Paper 2. Oh yes,BTW did you get your grades? How did you do?
In what? :h:

everything you know so far?? :absinth::iiam:
Original post by veganavb
everything you know so far?? :absinth::iiam:

Revision's going well - really knackered at the minute though :biggrin:

I got some mocks back but I'm not going to say what I got until I have found them all out so I can evaluate them all (I'm not saying I'm pleased with them all, but I can certainly learn from them).

If you need any help let me know what subjects and I'll see what I can do :smile:
sorry could you look over my final story? I will message it over x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
sorry could you look over my final story? I will message it over x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure :smile:
We're quite similar in a way I guess. I've just kinda given up cos I failed my mocks and realised maths is the only subject I can do rn and get an A*..

:/..life sucks rn man. :C
Original post by LazyAndSad
We're quite similar in a way I guess. I've just kinda given up cos I failed my mocks and realised maths is the only subject I can do rn and get an A*..

:/..life sucks rn man. :C

Hey now, come on I'm sure life isn't that bad. Let's work together and I'll help you wherever I can.

Mocks don't mean much in the grand scale of everything to be honest - it's the work you do from now until you sit in the real exam hall that counts.

Let me help you so you don't regret it later :smile:
Hey now, come on I'm sure life isn't that bad. Let's work together and I'll help you wherever I can.

Mocks don't mean much in the grand scale of everything to be honest - it's the work you do from now until you sit in the real exam hall that counts.

Hey how do you revise for science and geography as well as that how do you stay motivated and dont get distracted?

I am in year 11 too and i really want to get A* due to the fact that i am dedicated in my education. Hopefully you can help me and since when did you start to revise.

Thank you x

um i made a thread, forum post? I don't know if you can acess it or something because it's my first time doing this stuff?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3927531

Link I guess..

My life is bad rn and I will probably be a dickhead to yo, so if you don't mind handling that, be my Savior...
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey how do you revise for science and geography as well as that how do you stay motivated and dont get distracted?

I am in year 11 too and i really want to get A* due to the fact that i am dedicated in my education. Hopefully you can help me and since when did you start to revise.

Thank you x

Hey

For Science and Geography past papers are a MUST! I cannot emphasise it enough. Also, I have made flashcards online which I use for most subjects. Summarising notes from revision guides is useful too - as you could use it in a mindmap or something.

In terms of motivation, I suppose mine is down to the fact that certain people at school do not have the faith in me to do as well as I want to - so I guess I'm out to prove a point. If you want something hard enough, you'll find that trying is easy. To not get distracted I often listen to music whilst studying (yes, I know there are loads of things for and against listening to music but it works for me :biggrin:) and I take a break whenever I feel like I am becoming distracted.

I have been revising casually ever since Christmas really, but I got more serious about it in the February half term because of the mocks I did last week. How is your revision going?

It's fantastic to hear you want to achieve the best grades and I wish you every success - message me if you ever need help :smile:
Hey

For Science and Geography past papers are a MUST! I cannot emphasise it enough. Also, I have made flashcards online which I use for most subjects. Summarising notes from revision guides is useful too - as you could use it in a mindmap or something.

In terms of motivation, I suppose mine is down to the fact that certain people at school do not have the faith in me to do as well as I want to - so I guess I'm out to prove a point. If you want something hard enough, you'll find that trying is easy. To not get distracted I often listen to music whilst studying (yes, I know there are loads of things for and against listening to music but it works for me :biggrin:) and I take a break whenever I feel like I am becoming distracted.

I have been revising casually ever since Christmas really, but I got more serious about it in the February half term because of the mocks I did last week. How is your revision going?

It's fantastic to hear you want to achieve the best grades and I wish you every success - message me if you ever need help :smile:

Awhh Bless thank you and i wish you get th ebest grades you want too :smile:
I have started to revise from September 2015 but i just get distracted very easiy. EXAMS ARE COMING UP SO I NEED TO PUT MY ACT ON . Science was one of my strong subject but then i focused too much on Maths and i have kind of gone a little done although i get good grades :smile:
Geography one of my weak subjects but i try my best at it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending