The Student Room Group

How on earth do you go about revising for the Chemistry EMPA?

I will rep those who give me tips because honestly, I have no idea and I got bad grades in the last ones I did.

Any help appreciated
No spoilers tho please
Try to find out the specification topics it covers (my teacher told us that much last year when I did the ISAs) and revise all the content and then practice questions.

That's what I did for my AS resit last March and I came out with 46/50.
Original post by smozsolution
Try to find out the specification topics it covers (my teacher told us that much last year when I did the ISAs) and revise all the content and then practice questions.

That's what I did for my AS resit last March and I came out with 46/50.

What did you get originally if you don't mind me asking?
I think I got no more than 26, so a U basically.
It's pretty hard to revise for, to be perfectly honest. We were given a set of notes on how to do the practical well by our school, I can send them to you via PM if you want. Really though for the practical, it's mainly a matter of being as careful as you can and trying to show good practical technique, there's not much more you can do. For the exam, it definitely is worth doing past papers. Obviously they won't all be entirely relevant but they're still useful to do. Go through the mark schemes to see what you're getting the marks for. I believe there are some good resources on a-levelchemistry.co.uk too, particularly if you're doing AQA.
Original post by Plagioclase
It's pretty hard to revise for, to be perfectly honest. We were given a set of notes on how to do the practical well by our school, I can send them to you via PM if you want. Really though for the practical, it's mainly a matter of being as careful as you can and trying to show good practical technique, there's not much more you can do. For the exam, it definitely is worth doing past papers. Obviously they won't all be entirely relevant but they're still useful to do. Go through the mark schemes to see what you're getting the marks for. I believe there are some good resources on a-levelchemistry.co.uk too, particularly if you're doing AQA.

Thank you Plagioclase, that would be highly appreciated if you did. I'm not a sixth form rn so I would be very grateful for anything really :smile:

An impressive jump :smile:

Well done
Reply 8

I know this aint answreing the qn but do you know anyone preparing for AQA A2 Physics EMPA?? Really appreciated :smile:
Reply 9
I did ISA's last year but they're basically the same thing - When I got told the topic I went and revised them and also read further about them. Also when i'd done the experiment I thought of some questions that may come up (e.g so we had a titration one so I worked out moles/concentrations/volumes etc) and I got 48 UMS out of 60 which was an A!
Thank you - good luck for your EMPA :smile:

Original post by raman_17
I know this aint answreing the qn but do you know anyone preparing for AQA A2 Physics EMPA?? Really appreciated :smile:

I don't know anyone, sorry.
Thank you - good luck for your EMPA :smile:

I don't know anyone, sorry.

That's fine thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest