The Student Room Group

Stupid reasons which made you choose a certain subject/option subject

Scroll to see replies

Chose Sociology Alevel because the teacher was banter but now I cannot stand it and it's essentially one of the worst subjects I've ever done.

At GCSE picked Music because I thought they'd teach you how to play an instrument

Spoiler

Reply 41
Geography, because I had a spare option so was like eh why not? I've somehow ended up doing it for A2 xD
Triple science because I had a spare option, big mistake!

It's ok now though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Chose Sociology Alevel because the teacher was banter but now I cannot stand it and it's essentially one of the worst subjects I've ever done.

At GCSE picked Music because I thought they'd teach you how to play an instrument

Spoiler

Whats wrong with sociology(not planning to take it,however seems a bit interesting)
Original post by Blancosdos
Whats wrong with sociology(not planning to take it,however seems a bit interesting)

Oh don't get me wrong, the content is interesting. You learn a lot about real life and it makes you a more well-rounded person in terms of you knowledge of society, but it's one of those subjects that have SO MUCH memorisation which is a given for Alevels but for this it just seems like such a waste. There are around 1000 names of sociologists + dates that their studies were published that you have to learn (no exaggeration). Some of them are ridiculously useless and just state the obvious e.g. Blah blah (1987) says that men and women do not have equal pay, which is something you could write from your own knowledge but you HAVE to include the sociologists name :sigh:
It's such a badly thought out and structured subject in terms of Alevels.
(edited 8 years ago)
urdu because my family didnt want me to do btec business. im a-c currently/. excluding urdu in which i am an E and have a speaking exam tommorow in which ill probably get a F
Original post by Pro4TLZZ
urdu because my family didnt want me to do btec business. im a-c currently/. excluding urdu in which i am an E and have a speaking exam tommorow in which ill probably get a F

Languages :frown::frown:
Good luck with urdu
Bump
I love this thread idea. :lol: Anyways, I'm pretty happy with all my options. I know, sad, but sorry. :giggle: :h:
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
I love this thread idea. :lol: Anyways, I'm pretty happy with all my options. I know, sad, but sorry. :giggle: :h:

Haha i'm really glad your glad with your options,i wish i could say the same.But what they hey,some of us were immature brats at the start of the school years and chose options for silliest reason(some which have come back to haunt us,others not so much as everything turned out okay :smile: )
I picked Travel & Tourism at school, because I thought I was going to go to all these cool places. Alas, not. :frown:
I chose economics with a dream of wanting to someday start a business when I'm older and seemed to fool myself in to thinking it would help despite also thinking it involved a lot of maths (I didn't like maths)

Nothing to do with maths at GCSEs and absolutely hated it. Ended up getting a C (no surprise) and found out on results day (last week) that we were doing economics short course meaning I would only get half the number of GCSEs points for it, lucky I did alright in my GCSEs so could still do 4 subjects- phew 😅
GCSE and AS Geography because I found it interesting... It's by far the most stressful subject ever:angry:

Also, not me specifically, but there are 6 of us taking AS Travel and Tourism, and someone persuaded 2 others to take because it would be fun. That person ended up leaving the school and the other 2 have regretted it throughout the whole year and have been so behind on coursework, don't think they'll be back for A2:tongue:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I picked Travel & Tourism at school, because I thought I was going to go to all these cool places. Alas, not. :frown:

Haha .People at my school picked Geo for that same reason!
Haha .People at my school picked Geo for that same reason!

Oh god, I picked Geography too. :colondollar:
Oh god, I picked Geography too. :colondollar:

Thats a awesome choice.I do that too!
Thats a awesome choice.I do that too!

It went okay in the end; I got a good grade, probably only 'alright' on here.
this isn't really a subject but I started to play the clarinet because squidward played it on spongebob
It went okay in the end; I got a good grade, probably only 'alright' on here.

Well TSR alright and real life is really different

Which A levels do you do
Well TSR alright and real life is really different

Which A levels do you do

I do BTEC Level 3 Applied Science/Forensics. In hindsight, I should have picked A-Levels, as I want to do Psychology at uni, but too late now haha.

What A-Levels do you study?

Quick Reply

Latest