The Student Room Group

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS...? This is how to get an A*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HouseOfRichman
Thank god I'm not the only one who had 2 sets of mocks! I'm getting the last of my results back today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have my second and last round of mocks this week :/ We had 3 mocks for English although it was helpful.
Reply 61
Thank god I'm not the only one who had 2 sets of mocks! I'm getting the last of my results back today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yaay! I think two sets of mock exams are ideal because not everyone takes the first set seriously, so it isn't a true reflection of their capabilities! Let me know how you did! :smile:
Original post by khatx
Yaay! I think two sets of mock exams are ideal because not everyone takes the first set seriously, so it isn't a true reflection of their capabilities! Let me know how you did! :smile:

I took the first set seriously because they didn't tell us which ones they would send onto our sixth forms. I improved on these mocks tho :smile: I got:
November - 8A*s 2As C
February - 10A*s (didn't do one subject as I'd chosen to do coursework instead of the extra exam)

Really happy with them because I worked myself to the bone to get them 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
I took the first set seriously because they didn't tell us which ones they would send onto our sixth forms. I improved on these mocks tho :smile: I got:
November - 8A*s 2As C
February - 10A*s (didn't do one subject as I'd chosen to do coursework instead of the extra exam)

Really happy with them because I worked myself to the bone to get them 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

THAT'S BRILLIANT! You should be so happy with those results, they are honestly fantastic. I took my first mock seriously, but I know I could've put in more work if I tried.. But this time, I'm going to try and smash all of the exams.
Reply 64
UPDATE:
I've done nothing so far... And it's nearly 8... *gulps*. But I had an after-school class today and it was to do my triple science coursework and I just felt so lazy when I got home and uGH. But at least I haven't napped! Which is a good thing :smile:
My plan for the rest of the evening:
- do an English Language question 4
- Maths revision (choose topic from checklist)
- RS mindmap
and then sleeeeep! Also watch Shadowhunters afterwards... let me know if any of you guys watch that show or have read the Mortal Instruments series :smile:
Original post by khatx
THAT'S BRILLIANT! You should be so happy with those results, they are honestly fantastic. I took my first mock seriously, but I know I could've put in more work if I tried.. But this time, I'm going to try and smash all of the exams.

You're definitely going to smash them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
UPDATE:

woah... long time no see :smile: but don't worry I've been busy occupying myself with revision. But seeing as today as my last day of school, I thought I should make an appearance and let everyone know what I've been up to.

I had my second set of mocks and I've only gotten my results back for one maths paper. I didn't do amazingly but I did better than expected. So, this holiday, I know what I need to focus on :biggrin:

I have an RS mock during my Easter holiday so I've been revising for that and a History mock on Nazi Germany after the holiday...

Let me know what your plans are for Easter
Original post by khatx
UPDATE:

woah... long time no see :smile: but don't worry I've been busy occupying myself with revision. But seeing as today as my last day of school, I thought I should make an appearance and let everyone know what I've been up to.

I had my second set of mocks and I've only gotten my results back for one maths paper. I didn't do amazingly but I did better than expected. So, this holiday, I know what I need to focus on :biggrin:

I have an RS mock during my Easter holiday so I've been revising for that and a History mock on Nazi Germany after the holiday...

Let me know what your plans are for Easter

That's good that you know what to work on! :smile: Well done for doing well :biggrin:
I've already been off a week (I broke up last Friday) but so far I've been sorting through my notes and printing off past papers ready to do next week (I'm hoping to do some intense revision next week, as I've had quite a few plans with friends this week). Having my exam timetable by my desk is slowly motivating me:colondollar:
Reply 68
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
That's good that you know what to work on! :smile: Well done for doing well :biggrin:
I've already been off a week (I broke up last Friday) but so far I've been sorting through my notes and printing off past papers ready to do next week (I'm hoping to do some intense revision next week, as I've had quite a few plans with friends this week). Having my exam timetable by my desk is slowly motivating me:colondollar:

Thank you Emily! And good on you for having a break! Sometimes we forget to just relax and de-stress from the workload, but you'll probably revise more efficiently and more actively now that you've had a break.

I need to print out science past papers, but I'm still working through my specification so once I'm done with that, I'll get cracking on those past papers. Only a month and a bit left so every minute of revision counts!

Good luck with your intense studying! :smile:
Just do some revision. Done.
Reply 70
UPDATE:
First day od the holiday and I've already started on getting through those Maths past papers. I have a folder full of some that I've completed but I haven't done too well in them, so I'm going through those ones first and rectifying mistakes. If I completely don't get it, then I make a note of it and move on.

After that, I'm planning to complete my Chemistry revision for module 4 and start C5 notes using my spec. I think I'll be done by 3-ish so I'm going to go out to my aunt's house and then come back do some RS revision on the Islam paper because I have a mock next Thursday... yikes. So all in all, it's a pretty chilled day. I might squeeze in some Foreign Language or History revision if I have time, but the other things are my priority.

What are you planning to do today? Let me know.
Reply 71
UPDATE:
I've done a lot of Maths past papers, reviewing them and checking that I understand certain things. I'm getting there slowly but surely...
I've also completed nearly 2/3 of my Chemistry revision which is awesome!
And learnt all of my key words for RS.

Today, I'm going to finish that Chemistry revision and then get started on Physics, and also finish my History Nazi Germany revision...
What are you guys planning to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending