The Student Room Group

Men who ignore good girls, then later feel entitled to them are SUPREME HYPOCRITES!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TorpidPhil
You talk such utter crap.

Firstly, your first comment is just silly. If someone has slept around with 8 other women in the last year and has an STD, others have told you that they are very promiscuous and so on, that is fantastic empirical evidence that they are likely to be those things. And it really need not be that severe for that to happen.

The problem is you never know if they have "settled down". Many men go around claiming to want 'love' and the rest of it and only be in a relationship for sex, or maybe a little more, but no serious intentions and they themselves don't commit to it. You're right in that in these cases the girls need to recognise this, be the woman and leave. But they don't always. Why does the OP in these circumstances not have a right to judge the men in such relationships?

Finally, that's absolute tosh. Of course she has the right to judge how a person lives their life. What a simplistic and childish thing to say. How do you think the law is defined? Who makes it up and on what basis? Ethics! And that means it need not be perfect at any given time hence she should judge others with ethics. I know plenty of objective ***** that are not criminals.

Spot on!
Original post by Mancini
She certainly is but to find a good girl of today's generation ?

You have to be scraping that barrell long and hard.

I'd say I'm a good girl (what goes on in my head not included)
Reply 62
Original post by alkaline.
I'd say I'm a good girl (what goes on in my head not included)

Why do you think you are a good girl?
Original post by Mancini
Why do you think you are a good girl?

I just am, I have good values etc idk how to describe it I've been told I am before - your original question really what makes a good girl?

I can list things which have made guys think I am a good girl but it's all subjective.
Reply 64
I just am, I have good values etc idk how to describe it I've been told I am before - your original question really what makes a good girl?

I can list things which have made guys think I am a good girl but it's all subjective.

So you haven't really got an answer.
I'd rather get it out of my system so I don't have regrets when I get married.
Original post by Mancini
So you haven't really got an answer.

I haven't been with any guy (if I wasn't muslim there is only one guy I would be with sexually rn tbh) I wouldn't do anything that I wouldn't want my future husband to have done/ be with loads of guys anyway even if I felt inclined to.

I don't drink. (regardless of religion I don't like it I think it stinks and it's bad for fertility anyway). I guess the only drug use I advocate would be marijuana (within limits) but that makes me a bad person?

I am educated/ study well.

I'm not hypocritical or have double standards at all when expecting things from a guy.

I guess the main thing which makes me like a "good girl" is having future perspective and considering long-term - maybe that has to do with intelligence lol?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 67
I haven't been with any guy (if I wasn't muslim there is only one guy I would be with sexually rn tbh) I wouldn't do anything that I wouldn't want my future husband to have done/ be with loads of guys anyway even if I felt inclined to.

I don't drink. (regardless of religion I don't like it I think it stinks and it's bad for fertility anyway). I guess the only drug use I advocate would be marijuana (within limits) but that makes me a bad person?

I am educated/ study well.

I'm not hypocritical or have double standards at all when expecting things from a guy.

I guess the main thing which makes me like a "good girl" is having future perspective and considering long-term - maybe that has to do with intelligence lol?

I don't think you're a good girl.
Original post by Mancini
I don't think you're a good girl.

okay don't then?I said it's subjective.

what makes a a good girl in your opinion?
Reply 69
okay don't then?I said it's subjective.

what makes a a good girl in your opinion?

There is no such thing.
Original post by Mancini
There is no such thing.

that means there's no such thing as "good" anyone.
Reply 71
that means there's no such thing as "good" anyone.

There you go, these labels are just things we use to make ourselves feel better.
Original post by Anonymous
They ignore the 'good girls' when they are younger and just want to chase tail, cheap thrills and sexual conquests. Good women will come in their lives but they don't care they ignore them, cast them to one side and put them on the shelf and on reserve whilst they have their fun.

Then when they get older, dried up, lonely and realise that collecting notches on the belt and busting into random women was meaningless and a massive waste of life and energy (aka the point at which they reach emotional maturity, probably in their 30s but some even as late as their 50s) they suddenly not only want but demand the affections of good, wholesome, caring girls. And usually much younger ones too.

And they also insult and degrade the women who enabled their good times up until that point, again supreme hypocrisy! They reach up for that shelf but as far as I'm concerned it's too late for these reformed buffoons! They deserve nothing. And all they will ever get is a drama queen or gold digger at the most to match their shallowness and their urge to take advantage of people. But they will never find a woman who truly loves them and they will end up divorced in a few years.

I don't really have a question, I just wanted to get people's thoughts :tongue:

Blah blah all men are evil blah.

Funny how the term men is used and not just people in general. Femenist logic.
Original post by Mancini
There you go, these labels are just things we use to make ourselves feel better.

so it's all just preferences?

Spoiler

Reply 74
so it's all just preferences?

Spoiler

Preference /Perspective , I think as you grow older most people will come to realise these labels are just that labels used for people to judge each other. They don't mean much in truth. How can anyone be described by one word?
OP made me giggle.
Original post by Mancini
Preference /Perspective , I think as you grow older most people will come to realise these labels are just that labels used for people to judge each other. They don't mean much in truth. How can anyone be described by one word?

I guess there are certain characteristics I like in a guy that could be deemed as "good" boy qualities.
I can actually support what you're saying because some of them fit "good" guy and some neither. I think people enjoy labelling things because it can be a turn on if they find someone who fits the quality that has been labelled. Or they think it will make it easier to identify things they want in people when I guess you can't really categorize individuals like that
Original post by Mancini

I think they have some significance though.
No, people can't be described in one word.
Reply 78
I think they have some significance though.
No, people can't be described in one word.

Yeah some significance, small though.
Reply 79
Original post by Anonymous
I guess there are certain characteristics I like in a guy that could be deemed as "good" boy qualities.
I can actually support what you're saying because some of them fit "good" guy and some neither. I think people enjoy labelling things because it can be a turn on if they find someone who fits the quality that has been labelled. Or they think it will make it easier to identify things they want in people when I guess you can't really categorize individuals like that

You definitely cannot and should persist from doing so. I'm not saying don't ever complement someone just don't take it so serious and go off on a rant like OP here who thinks she's enlightening us with old boring ignorant news.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending