The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherrycola98
Ah right, that's a shame you could have had some trips to visit them if they'd been at Leeds! I live in York so it's only a 20 min train journey to Leeds so I go shopping there occasionally :smile: My favourite restaurant is in Leeds so I go there quite a bit too! What have you been up to on your gap year?

Yeah it would've been nice haha. Oh cool, there's a girl in my biology class from York, not sure how she ended up down here. Which restaurant is that? I hate saying gap year because people always think I've been travelling around SE Asia or something haha, I've just been working to save up some more money for uni and do a couple of trips at Christmas and next summer. I went to Morocco in December for 4 days but that's all the travelling I've done.

I guess you'll be doing some travelling with your degree, won't you?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by TomC_97
Yeah it would've been nice haha. Oh cool, there's a girl in my biology class from York, not sure how she ended up down here. Which restaurant is that? I hate saying gap year because people always think I've been travelling around SE Asia or something haha, I've just been working to save up some more money for uni and do a couple of trips at Christmas and next summer. I went to Morocco in December for 4 days but that's all the travelling I've done.

I guess you'll be doing some travelling with your degree, won't you?

Oh right! It's a French restaurant called Kendell's, it's absolutely amazing! :tongue: Haha don't worry I was originally considering a gap year but was planning on working too and not travelling! I know most people associate it with round the world trips though haha, I'd prefer a few small trips away too. Morocco sounds cool, how was that? And yes I'll be spending my third year abroad in France, either studying at a French university or doing a work placement/ teaching assistantship - I'd prefer one of these options I think as I'd gain some work experience :smile:
Oh right! It's a French restaurant called Kendell's, it's absolutely amazing! :tongue: Haha don't worry I was originally considering a gap year but was planning on working too and not travelling! I know most people associate it with round the world trips though haha, I'd prefer a few small trips away too. Morocco sounds cool, how was that? And yes I'll be spending my third year abroad in France, either studying at a French university or doing a work placement/ teaching assistantship - I'd prefer one of these options I think as I'd gain some work experience :smile:

Hi guys!

Cherrycola98 I think I spoke to you on a similar forum ages ago but I'm sooo glad I've just seen you again on here haha, I've been on those Facebook university groups for ages and I haven't seen anybody else doing French and Linguistics! I'm wanting to firm Leeds too and I'm the exact same in terms of going out, I enjoy having drinks with my friends and wouldn't mind going out occasionally but I'm worried that everybody will want to be clubbing every night!

Regarding accommodation I am extremely stuck, keep changing my mind every time I look at them!! I really like Central Village but I'm worried about choosing it because it sounds like I'm unlikely to get a room there and then I could end up anywhere :O
Original post by ____katie
Hi guys!

Cherrycola98 I think I spoke to you on a similar forum ages ago but I'm sooo glad I've just seen you again on here haha, I've been on those Facebook university groups for ages and I haven't seen anybody else doing French and Linguistics! I'm wanting to firm Leeds too :smile: and I'm the exact same in terms of going out, I enjoy having drinks with my friends and wouldn't mind going out occasionally but I'm worried that everybody will want to be clubbing every night!

Regarding accommodation I am extremely stuck, keep changing my mind every time I look at them!! I really like Central Village but I'm worried about choosing it because it sounds like I'm unlikely to get a room there and then I could end up anywhere :O

Yeah I think you did :smile: Hopefully there will be quite a few people with the same attitude to going out! I can't find anyone else doing French and Linguistics either :/ I keep changing my mind too but thinking Oxley at the moment. I've heard Central Village is popular though!
Yeah I think you did :smile: Hopefully there will be quite a few people with the same attitude to going out! I can't find anyone else doing French and Linguistics either :/ I keep changing my mind too but thinking Oxley at the moment. I've heard Central Village is popular though!

Yes fingers crossed! At this rate it will be just us haha, I've seen a few doing French or Linguistics though and they'll be in half of our lectures etc. :smile: I like the look of Oxley but the distance from campus puts me off slightly! Yeah everybody seems to want to go there so I think I might choose somewhere else, I'm rubbish at making decisions haha:s-smilie:
Yes fingers crossed! At this rate it will be just us haha, I've seen a few doing French or Linguistics though and they'll be in half of our lectures etc. :smile: I like the look of Oxley but the distance from campus puts me off slightly! Yeah everybody seems to want to go there so I think I might choose somewhere else, I'm rubbish at making decisions haha:s-smilie:

Yeah that would be strange haha, not sure how many people do the course each year? It might just be us though! Yes the distance is its only drawback really, the facilities look really good and I expect there would be quite a strong sense of community at Oxley :smile: Are you going to the accommodation day in April?
I think at the moment I am looking at Henry Price, the Tannery and Leodis for en-suite accommodation. Can anyone tell me anything about them? I'll be doing physics and up for going out if I have any free time!
Yeah that would be strange haha, not sure how many people do the course each year? It might just be us though! Yes the distance is its only drawback really, the facilities look really good and I expect there would be quite a strong sense of community at Oxley :smile: Are you going to the accommodation day in April?

On whatuni.com it says that last year 43 people applied, so quite a few but never know haha!! Yeah the facilities do look great, that's true! To be honest none of them look unbearable haha so I'm sure we'll be fine whatever! I'm not sure yet because it's the day after my 18th birthday so I'm not sure what I'll be doing but if not I think I'll go to Leeds with my parents one day as it's not far away and we'll have a look at where they all are etc. :smile:
On whatuni.com it says that last year 43 people applied, so quite a few but never know haha!! Yeah the facilities do look great, that's true! To be honest none of them look unbearable haha so I'm sure we'll be fine whatever! I'm not sure yet because it's the day after my 18th birthday so I'm not sure what I'll be doing but if not I think I'll go to Leeds with my parents one day as it's not far away and we'll have a look at where they all are etc. :smile:

Ah right I didn't realise that! Yeah I think Leeds has quite a good standard of halls compared to some other unis. I'll be going to the accommodation day I think but I don't live far away either so plenty of chance to look round :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I have put the University of Leeds as my insurance. Do I need however to apply for the accommodation? Or should I only if I don't get the grades for my first choice?
Reply 150
You should still apply for accommodation if they are your insurance. Leeds is my insurance too :smile:
Original post by Sxphki
You should still apply for accommodation if they are your insurance. Leeds is my insurance too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So,did you apply? Which halls you have chosen? I have never visited Leeds, so I don't know what to do.
Reply 152
Original post by zlatan8
Posted from TSR Mobile

So,did you apply? Which halls you have chosen? I have never visited Leeds, so I don't know what to do.

No i haven't applied yet because i'm waiting on some other uni's before i can firm or insure anything on UCAS but i have decided on the accommodation. I've gone with Henry Price, James Baillie Park and North Hill Court as my top 3 (this is not in order though) When i went to Leeds they only showed me Henry Price and it's very close to the uni, the rooms are relatively spacious and the kitchen i found to be quite nice!

If you haven't visited the uni then i would definitely recommend looking on their website and all the accommodation they have available along with pricing and pick the ones you like the look of, then going on forums such as TSR or looking at uni reviews of the room and comparing them all. This is what i did when narrowing it down to 3 choices. However bear in mind that uni is what you make of it so don't let reviews make up your mind too much. People only tend to write bad things about the accommodation and rarely voice out the good.

Hope it somewhat helps because this is what i did when choosing my accommodation.
Ah right I didn't realise that! Yeah I think Leeds has quite a good standard of halls compared to some other unis. I'll be going to the accommodation day I think but I don't live far away either so plenty of chance to look round :smile:

Yeah definitely, at some universities I looked around there were ones you definitely wanted to avoid but at Leeds the majority seem fine! Good plan, me too so it's ideal :smile: what A levels are you studying?
Are you allowed to put down more than 1 accommodation choice?
Just read the above posts in full - so it looks like you get a choice of 3 - then the computer generates your accommodation for you by way of some lottery type programme.
Yeah definitely, at some universities I looked around there were ones you definitely wanted to avoid but at Leeds the majority seem fine! Good plan, me too so it's ideal :smile: what A levels are you studying?

I'm doing French, Chemistry and Psychology, what about you? :smile:
Original post by Minionmum
Just read the above posts in full - so it looks like you get a choice of 3 - then the computer generates your accommodation for you by way of some lottery type programme.

You put down one preference and then rank what features you want the most, like en suite, catered etc. If you don't get the accommodation you put down then they match you to another one based on your rankings of things :smile:
Hi everyone! :smile:

I'm moving to Leeds in September for my Erasmus year and searching for a place to stay. I have quite a few questions:

Can any of you tell me which neighborhoods are not safe or not recommended to live in?
Is there a deadline for applying for student halls or when should I start searching for a flat/house share?

Is it safe to trust them that I will have a place to live in September, without going to UK? I'm in France now and a bit lost in all the information. :smile:
Original post by Sxphki
No i haven't applied yet because i'm waiting on some other uni's before i can firm or insure anything on UCAS but i have decided on the accommodation. I've gone with Henry Price, James Baillie Park and North Hill Court as my top 3 (this is not in order though) When i went to Leeds they only showed me Henry Price and it's very close to the uni, the rooms are relatively spacious and the kitchen i found to be quite nice!

If you haven't visited the uni then i would definitely recommend looking on their website and all the accommodation they have available along with pricing and pick the ones you like the look of, then going on forums such as TSR or looking at uni reviews of the room and comparing them all. This is what i did when narrowing it down to 3 choices. However bear in mind that uni is what you make of it so don't let reviews make up your mind too much. People only tend to write bad things about the accommodation and rarely voice out the good.

Hope it somewhat helps because this is what i did when choosing my accommodation.

Thank you for the response!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest