The Student Room Group

BA Fine Art 2016 applications

Scroll to see replies

Hello :smile:
I'm applying for a fine art course- applied to Southampton Solent (where I think I'll go), Northampton (interview tomorrow), Norwich, Bath Spa and Brighton. Have offers from Solent, Bath and Norwich. So where are you all going? Are you going from A-level/Foundation/other? How old are you?
Applied to the Glasgow school of art for BA(Hons) Fine art photography, and waiting to hear back after my interview.
I'm soon-to-be 20, and am currently on a gap year.
Original post by a_cmm
still waiting for an interview request/rejection email ..

Ditto- but given newcastle have said they'd get back to everyone by the end of feb im pretty worried :/
Reply 103
I was given an offer at the end of the interview for Newcastle , but reading through other threads from previous years it seems like some people didn't hear back until late March about interviews so there's still a lot of time I think.
Original post by ylmf
Got mine next week

Hey how did the interview at newcastle go?
Reply 105
Anyone had there slade interview yet ?
I still haven't heard back have you? :/
Reply 107
Any one heard back from Brighton the painting BA?
Original post by bellamilly
Anyone heard back from the Loughborough Fine Art Interviews last week?

It didn't quote whoops... But yeah have you heard back yet? They said it would be 10 days to 2 weeks :/
Reply 109
Original post by Kasia1259
Hey how did the interview at newcastle go?

They gave me an offer at the end of the interview - how about you
Original post by Cats12345
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has received an interview for GSA painting/printmaking for first year, and also if anyone had heard back from Edinburgh for any of their art courses yet? I check my emails every day and it's so frustrating not hearing anything back yet! Good luck to everyone else in this thread:smile:

Hey, I've applied for first year painting and printmaking at GSA and got an email for an interview today, I haven't gotten an offer from Edinburgh yet though :smile:
Reply 111
Heard back from Brighton during the half term and got rejected, think I applied in November. Was a bit disappointed but didn't mind too much as wasn't one of my top choices :smile: Good luck to you!
Original post by Kt.96
Any one heard back from Brighton the painting BA?
Reply 112
Original post by cheshhh
Heard back from Brighton during the half term and got rejected, think I applied in November. Was a bit disappointed but didn't mind too much as wasn't one of my top choices :smile: Good luck to you!

Sorry to hear that, I haven't applied there but my friend asked me to ask around as she's been waiting a while to get a response :smile: good luck with your other choices X
Original post by ylmf
They gave me an offer at the end of the interview - how about you

Oh...nope i didnt get an offer yet. I doubt i will since you got one immediately 😂
Reply 114
Original post by vonbroten
Applied to the Glasgow school of art for BA(Hons) Fine art photography, and waiting to hear back after my interview.
I'm soon-to-be 20, and am currently on a gap year.

Same here! Turning 20 in August, doing volunteering in Denmark at the moment. Are you a Scottish/UK student? :smile:
I've also applied for GSA Fine Art Photography, and I've read in the GSA/ECA 2016 thread that they have started sending out rejections... but oh well. I'm still hopeful.

Where did you apply?
Original post by spaces
Same here! Turning 20 in August, doing volunteering in Denmark at the moment. Are you a Scottish/UK student? :smile:
I've also applied for GSA Fine Art Photography, and I've read in the GSA/ECA 2016 thread that they have started sending out rejections... but oh well. I'm still hopeful.

Where did you apply?

No, I'm international and am currently working part time to save up some money!
I applied to the GSA, UWTSD and Kingston uni for a couple different courses, but all within art and design.
Yeah, I'm in that thread as well. The GSA Fine art photography course won't be sending off their results for at least 2 weeks, so we're safe for now, hehe.

Are you UK/Scottish?
Reply 116
Original post by vonbroten
No, I'm international and am currently working part time to save up some money!
I applied to the GSA, UWTSD and Kingston uni for a couple different courses, but all within art and design.
Yeah, I'm in that thread as well. The GSA Fine art photography course won't be sending off their results for at least 2 weeks, so we're safe for now, hehe.

Are you UK/Scottish?

No, I'm international, too :smile: I'm German. I've only applied to Scottish unis (GSA, ECA, and DJCAD), because tuition fees + living costs in England are unpayable for me, sadly.
Original post by spaces
No, I'm international, too :smile: I'm German. I've only applied to Scottish unis (GSA, ECA, and DJCAD), because tuition fees + living costs in England are unpayable for me, sadly.

I understand.
I'll get loans and grants from the government to help with fees, living and maintenance, so studying in the UK wouldn't be too bad for me. I'll just end up with a hella loan when I'm done...
Original post by Art.s
Anyone heard back from Newcastle fine art after interviews?

I haven't but one person got an offer straught away after interview so im a bit skeptical. How did you think yours went?
hi, i was wondering if anyone who has got a slade interview if you have got any portfolio examples i could see online? just wondering what they might be after so I have a bit of a clue before my interview

Quick Reply

Latest