The Student Room Group

I'm screwed

Scroll to see replies

How are you stressing when you've got two months to go... :| I didn't start any revision until a month before each exam and here I am so??? You could probs pull off a B-A with no revision
Reply 21
Original post by apronedsamurai
உங்கள் தேர்வுகள் நல்ல அதிர்ஷ்டம்

(good luck with your exams)

Thank you! I will need all the luck I can get :C
Original post by LazyAndSad
how? ;o .

Well on my thread I'm going to be updating at weekend with pics of my revision so you might be able to find something useful on that., We can also work on a revision timetable for you and if you ever need subject help and we are doing the same work - I will endeavour to help you out - just ask :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by brainzistheword
Well on my thread I'm going to be updating at weekend with pics of my revision so you might be able to find something useful on that., We can also work on a revision timetable for you and if you ever need subject help and we are doing the same work - I will endeavour to help you out - just ask :smile:

Lets test chet out.

English Controlled Assesment tomorrow.
Of mice and men.

How does Steinbeck present settings in Of Mice and Men.

Point on Crook's room please.

need some ao2, i can give quotes if you could do some analysis for me pls...
Lets test chet out.

English Controlled Assesment tomorrow.
Of mice and men.

How does Steinbeck present settings in Of Mice and Men.

Point on Crook's room please.

need some ao2, i can give quotes if you could do some analysis for me pls...

Ok sure.

First, have you looked on websites like CliffNotes and Sparknotes as they are quite good for Of Mice and Men

And if you want to send some quotes I'll have a look if you like :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by RonnieRJ
How are you stressing when you've got two months to go... :| I didn't start any revision until a month before each exam and here I am so??? You could probs pull off a B-A with no revision

"Fresh"

B-A is a failure.
8 A*s 3 As . Can't get that, you won't here from me.
Reply 26
Ok sure.

First, have you looked on websites like CliffNotes and Sparknotes as they are quite good for Of Mice and Men

And if you want to send some quotes I'll have a look if you like :smile:

Yeah, they summarise the story. I used it when our homework was to read the book but I'm lazy ofc. Alright , I'll give you some quotes.

His home.

"A little shed that leaned off the wall of the barn"/
"crooks bunk was a long box filled with straw, on which his blankest were flung".
it a range of medicine bottles, both for himsenf and the horses"
"there were can saddle soap and a drippy can of tar with its paint brush sicking over the edge"
"Fresh"

B-A is a failure.
8 A*s 3 As . Can't get that, you won't here from me.

Yeah that's what I used to think. You're not getting my point. I'm saying you need little revision to actually get an A* at gcse, especially in eg English lit and maths
Listen. It is worth doing it for your future. You say you have nothing to be proud of, but if your target is 8A*s and 3As that would signify to me a high achiever who should be immensely proud of their academic record. Keep your head up.
Reply 29
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Listen. It is worth doing it for your future. You say you have nothing to be proud of, but if your target is 8A*s and 3As that would signify to me a high achiever who should be immensely proud of their academic record. Keep your head up.

Your're so right it's almost making me smile :/.
Reply 30
Yeah that's what I used to think. You're not getting my point. I'm saying you need little revision to actually get an A* at gcse, especially in eg English lit and maths

english lit...........

I'm awful at english, by far my worst. Maths I can get an A* right now. I practice it everyday, constantly since i was young. It's the one subject my friends actually ask me for help rather than me ask them for help.

Advice for english lit?

gimme a formula on how to get an A* on it..
Yeah, they summarise the story. I used it when our homework was to read the book but I'm lazy ofc. Alright , I'll give you some quotes.

His home.

"A little shed that leaned off the wall of the barn"/
"crooks bunk was a long box filled with straw, on which his blankest were flung".
it a range of medicine bottles, both for himsenf and the horses"
"there were can saddle soap and a drippy can of tar with its paint brush sicking over the edge"

Yeah they do summarise it, but I suppose you need specifics

For the first quote it shows how he has been isolated from the rest of the ranch hands and is deemed unworthy to have the same sleeping quarters as the others (you could relate this to historical context by talking about racism in society).

Second quote - shows how no matter how much he tries to make it cosy and home-like, it will always be second class and nothing better than where the horses sleep.

Third quote - His health is not anymore important than that of the animals and his priorities lie in caring for animals, as his job, rather than his own health. However, this is more throuh livelihood, rather than choice.

Final quote - His living area is a working room too. Everywhere we look there are items realting to his work and he cannot escape this inevitability. The contents of his room shows some of the skills needed to work on a rach at that time.

I really hope this helps you - obviously these are only the way I interpret it so you may feel differently about them but its a start :smile:
why would I bother, if i do well ,my parents get to boast about it. I hate them, I don't want them to get any gains from me. They will show me off like an item, be like, this is the kinda kid I made. When they put me down and make me feel crap.

Secondly, I go to a grammar school full of rich snobs that are smart,sporty, good- lets not go there. How do I compete with these guys when im just a poor lazy fuwck from Asia :C

This post just makes your thread look crap and hungry for attention.
Reply 33
Yeah they do summarise it, but I suppose you need specifics

For the first quote it shows how he has been isolated from the rest of the ranch hands and is deemed unworthy to have the same sleeping quarters as the others (you could relate this to historical context by talking about racism in society).

Second quote - shows how no matter how much he tries to make it cosy and home-like, it will always be second class and nothing better than where the horses sleep.

Third quote - His health is not anymore important than that of the animals and his priorities lie in caring for animals, as his job, rather than his own health. However, this is more throuh livelihood, rather than choice.

Final quote - His living area is a working room too. Everywhere we look there are items realting to his work and he cannot escape this inevitability. The contents of his room shows some of the skills needed to work on a rach at that time.

I really hope this helps you - obviously these are only the way I interpret it so you may feel differently about them but its a start :smile:

Thanks bruv! yeah ,this helps alot. To get a top band answer, you need to give multiple views on quotes. I have my own views, and if I add this too, it's showing multiple understandings of the text. Thanks, i'm gonna actually crack on and write up an essay. It'll be done in about an hour, if your online, could you possibly proof read and improve it ? Thanks once again.
english lit...........

I'm awful at english, by far my worst. Maths I can get an A* right now. I practice it everyday, constantly since i was young. It's the one subject my friends actually ask me for help rather than me ask them for help.

Advice for english lit?

gimme a formula on how to get an A* on it..

Literally pick out short quotes, make a point and make like two other alternative interpretations with detail. You can link it to other parts of whatever you're analysing. Basically just b*llshit your way through to an A* lol
Reply 35
Original post by Vikingninja
This post just makes your thread look crap and for attention.

1. I don't care what my thread looks like to you .
2. Your entitled to your opinion so I'm glad your putting that into use.
3. Attention? Sorry? I just want help with my education and life which is going down the drain at the moment. I'm sorry if that makes you feel like I'm seeking attention.
4. Have a great day.
1. I don't care what my thread looks like to you .
2. Your entitled to your opinion so I'm glad your putting that into use.
3. Attention? Sorry? I just want help with my education and life which is going down the drain at the moment. I'm sorry if that makes you feel like I'm seeking attention.
4. Have a great day.

I have never heard of anyone who doesn't bother to get their grades because of their parents showing them off. That's an absolutely ridiculous reason not to try.
Reply 37
Literally pick out short quotes, make a point and make like two other alternative interpretations with detail. You can link it to other parts of whatever you're analysing. Basically just b*llshit your way through to an A* lol

Alright your response went from 100 to 0 real quick. The first part, I'm taking that onboard for my CA tomorrow. I don't think im going to bullsh*t?....
Thanks bruv! yeah ,this helps alot. To get a top band answer, you need to give multiple views on quotes. I have my own views, and if I add this too, it's showing multiple understandings of the text. Thanks, i'm gonna actually crack on and write up an essay. It'll be done in about an hour, if your online, could you possibly proof read and improve it ? Thanks once again.

Glad I can be of use to you - and yeah if I am online I will - just to let you know though I might be in bed because I am absolutely knackered. Do you go online before school like 7 ish? Because I am online from 6:30 if I ain't online later :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Vikingninja
I have never heard of anyone who doesn't bother to get their grades because of their parents showing them off. That's an absolutely ridiculous reason not to try.

One of many.

I'm not going to give my personal reasons for why I don't want to try. Sorry if yo had an easy option where stuff gets served to you rather than going to get it.

We all have different reasons.

Just cos you never heard it ,doesn't mean it's wrong?

First guy to say the Earth was a sphere got killed. Absolutely ridiculous.

Thank you.

I'm not really gonna respond to your response unless it's somehow helpful....

Quick Reply

Latest