The Student Room Group

Braces

Hey I'm 15 and I need braces, I will be getting them soon and I'm with the NHS. I'm a bit self conscious so I was wondering if the NHS would hopefully pay for clear or invisible braces, I'm not sure how the NHS works but I just want to know if the NHS would pay for clear braces for me?
Reply 1
It depends on how severely you require braces. I was referred to the orthodontist about my wonky front canines - but as they were not impeding me in any way other than cosmetically I would not be able to get them paid for by the NHS. If your teeth aren't physically impairing you or would pose further problems for you then usually you will have to fund them yourself, which can be quite expensive!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I'm 15 and I need braces, I will be getting them soon and I'm with the NHS. I'm a bit self conscious so I was wondering if the NHS would hopefully pay for clear or invisible braces, I'm not sure how the NHS works but I just want to know if the NHS would pay for clear braces for me?

It's unlikely they'll pay for clear ones, they don't work anywhere near as well for stuff that isn't just cosmetic which thy wouldn't find anyway. As someone else said there's quite strict guidelines what they pay for anyway. Loads of 15 year olds have braces though and you can pick your colour so just go for it, trust me you'll feel so much better about yourself when you see the results afterwards!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

No they won't, everyone is a bit self conscious and every one else has to have metal braces unless they pay. The rules are the same for you.

Quick Reply

Latest