The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jiff
Hey everyone!

I really need some B5 help! I've got a mock mock tomorrow and I need to know what may come up so I can sorta revise for the relevant stuff as B5 is quite long and very detailed. If anyone has done past B5 (Biology Module 5) exams please could you let me know of ANY relevant topics which came up for the HIGHER, SEPARATE/TRIPLE SCIENCE tier please!! Thank you so much!

OCR GCSE?

Heart I bet
Original post by veganavb
OCR GCSE?

Heart I bet

Thanks very much!! Anyone/ anything else??
Logging out now to do some differential equations (and maybe make some notes on complex numbers) until 12:45 x
Read over week 3 notes, then start learning week 4 and week 5 for the next few hours. For the first hour I hope to be halfway through week 4.
Do any of you work in 30 minute periods with a 5minute break?
Original post by Kittyboy
Do any of you work in 30 minute periods with a 5minute break?

Usually I work for 40 minutes and have a ten minute break.
Just did a little bit of chemistry now going to do an hour biology :smile:
It's been way too long since I posted here...

From 7.30, I'll be working on my German paragraph for writing, and then my French paragraph once I'm done.
Reply 1508
so I'm strarting due to moving my desk downwards....

I have my bio test tomorrow (yes its actually happening)
WHAT I NEED TO DO.....
1) condense my notes
2) do past papers
Did quite a bit of biology just typing up stuff :smile: Tired so going to take a break, because then I need to do Spanish :colondollar:
Original post by Anon_98
Oh my. >.< Well I was just casually enjoying my session on vectors when it dawned upon me that we haven't even learnt the topic in class yet + therefore it won't be on the test tomorrow + so it shouldn't even be a priority! I don't know how I didn't realise before, think I might've just assumed that I wasn't paying attention during the lesson/something. :dong: Hmph, well- I suppose I'll be slightly ahead when we get to the section now, lol.

Anyway, so I stopped and started revising C4 differentiation. I've written some notes + completed all the implicit stuff, practiced quite a lot of examples and also did differentiation with parametric equations, just need to spend about 25-ish mins more then I'll hopefully be done with it and will be able to move onto standard integrals. Will start a little later than the next block at 4:00pm.

How did your C4 mock go? I have mine on mom day!
Reply 1511
Been powering through some good revision over the past few days especially with economics .Got 4 and a half hours worth of maths in today [C4] with some implicit differentiation and parametrics + exponential growth homework .Will be due to do some more Economics tomorrow and prep for my C3 Mock next friday (the 2015 paper:^_^:) .Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow :smile:
Reply 1512
Original post by Excuse Me!
How did your C4 mock go? I have mine on mom day!

I revised till 2am-ish last night for it and it went surprisingly well. Yep, fairly pleased. :smile: I understand which topics I need to focus on more now which is great. ^-^ Obviously, I don't properly know how well it went until I receive feedback etc but I think the staying up paid off. Good luck for yours! - How are you feeling about it?
Reply 1513
I haven't been feeling v well today but at 9pm I started revising and spent around 40 mins doing Biology - Have finished writing up my notes for thermoregulation and tidied up the basic main homeostasis stuff. - I wish all of Bio unit 5 was that easy. :lol:

Then I took a break.

I think I've finally realised that the main reason I diverge from revision is bc I sometimes give myself an extra 5-10 minutes to relax which means that I essentially just set myself up for doom bc my break period basically starts to resemble a free-radical reaction.

I returned to studying after that and completed a bit more of unit 5. I managed to cover Hormones and Blood glucose and have written all my notes for that. We haven't started the topic in class yet so it'll be rather fun being ahead once we do begin.

Then I took another break.

At 11:25pm, I quickly went over/refreshed Chemistry unit 4 using my notes as I've got an exam tomorrow. >.< Might continue with it as I'm getting ready for bedtime..otherwise, I'm pretty sure I've got a grasp of the concepts so hopefully it'll go okay. ^-^

Well, I shall go to bed now bc it's almost 12:00am. Goodnight everyone <3
Reply 1514
Okay, lots to do! :woohoo: I've just had a nice lunch so I'm going to breathe for a bit then at 2:30pm begin by trying to re-learn the entire Biology unit 1 from last year which might take me quite a bit of time. >.< I'm not going to log back into TSR until I've completed all my targets for today bc it distracts me lots + lots but I'll probably see you all again later this evening.

Genuinely think I've been way too laid back recently, well I definitely can't behave in that manner anymore bc it's Marcccchhhhhh. - Yes, everything has gone by incredibly fast and yes, it's going to keep going even faster. Knowing that makes me feel very scared and I want to be in a good position by the end of this month. No, screw that- I want to be in a great position. God, all I really want is to just make myself and everyone else proud this year. :cry:

Blah- enough of the self-pitying, don't have time for that. :biggrin:

Keep it up guys! Don't give up on the daily goals you've set for yourself, it will be worth it in the end. :five:
Original post by Anon_98
I revised till 2am-ish last night for it and it went surprisingly well. Yep, fairly pleased. :smile: I understand which topics I need to focus on more now which is great. ^-^ Obviously, I don't properly know how well it went until I receive feedback etc but I think the staying up paid off. Good luck for yours! - How are you feeling about it?

What topics do you need to focus on then? For me it's vectors, differential equations and trigonometry (double angle formulas).

I did a past paper yesterday and generally it went well. I made some really stupid mistakes losing about 3/4 marks for not doing the rounding they wanted. In my defense it was late and I was tired. Also read a couple questions wrong and made what should have been a nice partial fraction question horrible because I wrote (5-x² ) in one bit instead of) (5-x)².

Hope your chemistry test went well today. :top: I dropped it after AS haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1516
Original post by Excuse Me!
What topics do you need to focus on then? For me it's vectors, differential equations and trigonometry (double angle formulas).

I did a past paper yesterday and generally it went well. I made some really stupid mistakes losing about 3/4 marks for not doing the rounding they wanted. In my defense it was late and I was tired. Also read a couple questions wrong and made what should have been a nice partial fraction question horrible because I wrote (5-x² ) in one bit instead of) (5-x)².

Hope your chemistry test went well today. :top: I dropped it after AS haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I agree with some of that - I also need to focus on C4 differentiation- especially the implicit stuff, Trigonometry and standard integrals. ^-^

Oh glad to hear it but oh no, that must've been quite annoying.- I guess it's good that it wasn't anything major though!

Thank you v much - yeah, it was only a small test thing but we marked it in the lesson and I did manage to get full marks on it which makes me a bit less worried about it.. for now. Oh, I see. :biggrin: What other subjects do you take besides Maths?
Reply 1517
So, I have almossstt finished memorising Biology unit 1 which I'm happy about. I'm not going to continue with any more memorisation today bc my mind works best with that kinda stuff in the morning and I'm a bit tired so I'll do it tomorrow. I also completed my notes on S2- Hypothesis testing.

I shall take a break now and perhaps do some Chemistry homework in the next block at 8:30pm.
Original post by Anon_98
Yes, I agree with some of that - I also need to focus on C4 differentiation- especially the implicit stuff, Trigonometry and standard integrals. ^-^

Oh glad to hear it but oh no, that must've been quite annoying.- I guess it's good that it wasn't anything major though!

Thank you v much - yeah, it was only a small test thing but we marked it in the lesson and I did manage to get full marks on it which makes me a bit less worried about it.. for now. Oh, I see. :biggrin: What other subjects do you take besides Maths?

I think I've got got the hang of implicit differentiation. The parametric equation differentiation is a bit fiddly sometimes but I get the jist of it.

Yeah, it was a bit annoying to see how careless I'd been.

Congrats! I also do Biology (edexcel) and then I do English Language.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mocks are finally over! After quite a scary chemistry paper (last year's A2 OCR Unit 5 :eek:) I'm going to rest and make more biology flashcards :smile: I'll do EPQ work tomorrow.

Latest

Trending

Trending