The Student Room Group

Should i tell my parents i lost my virginity?

I'm 18 years old and lost my virginity to my boyfriend in 2014.

Because I have an ovarian cyst (just diagnosed by the doctor) I've been given a small questionnaire sheet to fill out for the hospital. One of the questions are "have you had sexual intercourse?" Obviously I need to answer truthfully in order to revive appropriate treatment, but my mum insists on sticking by my side through all of the tests (which is surprising because we're not close).
How would I tell her about it?
Reply 1
Mum, I lost my virginity with my boyfriend in 2014. Alternatively tell her you want to see the doctor alone.
What would be the consequences of being honest with her?
Reply 3
I don't think she'd mind, if its something you don't talk about don't feel as if you have to tell her.
Why don't you tell her you want to be able to fill the questionnaires in privately, on your own?
Reply 5
Tell her, it's no big deal. "Mom, I had sex." End of story.
You obviously wasn't worried at the time about her reaction when you did it, why be worried now? If you knew it was wrong or she would be disappointed, you should've waited.
You chose not to because you were fine with the consequences.
Reply 6
Original post by thecaramelcat
I'm 18 years old and lost my virginity to my boyfriend in 2014.

Because I have an ovarian cyst (just diagnosed by the doctor) I've been given a small questionnaire sheet to fill out for the hospital. One of the questions are "have you had sexual intercourse?" Obviously I need to answer truthfully in order to revive appropriate treatment, but my mum insists on sticking by my side through all of the tests (which is surprising because we're not close).
How would I tell her about it?

Doesn't really matter either way tbh. You don't even need to tell her when you lost it.

I'd just fill out the forms and if she brings it up just be like "so? im an adult. You've had sex too." no big deal.

That or tell her you want to go by yourself cos you're an adult.
The best way to tell your mom that you lost your virginity. Is by telling her you lost your virginity. Its not like she gonna harm you. She is your mom. Just stay calm. Do it at a right time where to the point that she not mad. Or text her on your phone. Or leave a letter so she can read.

Quick Reply

Latest