The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

F*ck yes! Commiserations, Watford. They played a fantastic game and thoroughly deserved atleast a point.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Huge huge win and our captain for the day leads the way! Lovely freekick from Mata. We got really lucky this game.

What a great round of results for us. City, Arsenal and Spurs all lose. Maybe, just maybe we can sneak a 4th spot finish since Arsenal look like they're falling apart.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can we come too? :frown:
Original post by Lúcio
How. The. Hell. Are you joint with 4th place?

If you get it, it will literally be the worst ever team to get a CL place.
Jesus this is why I hate you guys :frown:

Bare in mind City have a game in hand and superior goal difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but we still got a game against them
Original post by qasidb

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way they're going, they'll lose that game and their GD advantage :tongue:
To be fair, although we weren't brilliant tonight, it was a different type of not brilliant than we've seen most of this season.

Credit should go to Watford, they defended well, especially the two forwards and it shouldn't be a surprise that when we started to build some momentum and they weren't constantly harrasing our 2 CBs we had our best spell of the game.

Thought Fosu-Mensah didi well on his debut, gets a bit too tight and goes to ground a bit easily but thats pretty typical of young defenders, otherwise suitable impressed. Similarly with Rashford,not a great game for him, but he influenced the game when he could and continued to display sharp, incisive movement. Would say he definitely did enough to keep his place above Martial for the next game.
Original post by Lúcio
Can we come too? :frown:

Heck the way City and Arsenal are performing, would be lovely to see us sneak the 3rd and 4th spots. However, Liverpool are simply too far away.

I'm just over the moon that we actually won and took advantage of our rivals slipping up. For a moment, I thought we'd stumble to a draw. Thank **** for Mata.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xKay
rekt

He was gonna get subbed off but then he started turning it on, so LvG kept him on = LvGOAT
tbh I thought Rashford was close to MotM for United today, the only really creative player on the pitch for much of the match. At the other end of the field though, Varela was average and FM was outright worrying at times despite a couple of really good tackles.
Original post by Dirtybit
Why do we never ever ever capitalize when the teams above us drop points?

Actually don't care about not winning because there wasn't really hope of top 4 before. But when there is hope we never win!!

Smh at lack of faith
Oh yeah and what the **** is wrong with us at defending corners. Always constantly dragging opposition shirts and that. We got so lucky Darmian didn't get caught by the ref or else it would have been a stonewall pen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
Smh at lack of faith

Was actually waiting for you or xKay to quote me. Really happy I was able to be quoted though
Darmian is the most Italian defender ever

Blatantly cheats but gets away with it
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Oh yeah and what the **** is wrong with us at defending corners. Always constantly dragging opposition shirts and that. We got so lucky Darmian didn't get caught by the ref or else it would have been a stonewall pen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not just defending corners but taking them too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
Tottenham lost!!!! :biggrin:

Arsenal lost :biggrin:

City Lost :biggrin:

I ****ing love it :rofl:

I just checked the scores and mate..

You're telling me every result fell our way? Well tonight got slightly better :lol:
mate this united team are utter *******s. Okay we got a jammy win, doesn't take away from the fact that we were nearly well-beaten (and I do mean well-beaten) by halftime if Igahlo was just 1% more accurate.

forgot to mention at HOME to WATFORD ffs
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GreenOut
mate this united team are utter *******s. Okay we got a jammy win, doesn't take away from the fact that we were nearly well-beaten (and I do mean well-beaten) by halftime if Igahlo was just 1% more accurate.

Yeah true, could have easily been a beating by Watford. Ighalo could have easily had a hat trick. But I'm going to be a bit naive and say it may have been down to fatigue. We didn't play to the standard we've set the last 2/3 games. Also, we've played 4 straight games with only like 2 days to recover. However, the defensive lapses at times this game were criminal and we're so lucky we weren't punished.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GreenOut

forgot to mention at HOME to WATFORD ffs

Mate that was one of my favourite wins of the seasons,

I was pretty much laughing uncontrollably for the last ten minutes of the game
Original post by qasidb
Not just defending corners but taking them too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah like that corner kick before half time, we decided to pass it back instead of into the box. So frustrating at times with our players playing a short pass from a corner rather than into the box. But I guess its fair to say that we don't exactly have much height in the starting 11 atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrDystopia
I just checked the scores and mate..

You're telling me every result fell our way? Well tonight got slightly better :lol:

PRSOM

Topped off a good night! Performance was absolutely **** but maybe it was just fatigue! Martial on the wing today was non-existent should have played him in Rashfords position!

We were very lucky (MATA doe)...but sometimes a little bit of luck is needed so I can't complain.

Latest