The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
Original post by GreenOut
mate this united team are utter *******s. Okay we got a jammy win, doesn't take away from the fact that we were nearly well-beaten (and I do mean well-beaten) by halftime if Igahlo was just 1% more accurate.

forgot to mention at HOME to WATFORD ffs

#salt
Bare Horny!

image.jpeg
Original post by xKay
#salt

I support UTD

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Mate that was one of my favourite wins of the seasons,

I was pretty much laughing uncontrollably for the last ten minutes of the game

You're a braver man than I. I'd like to win games by half time like we used to, three seasons of drama is getting too much

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Yeah true, could have easily been a beating by Watford. Ighalo could have easily had a hat trick. But I'm going to be a bit naive and say it may have been down to fatigue. We didn't play to the standard we've set the last 2/3 games. Also, we've played 4 straight games with only like 2 days to recover. However, the defensive lapses at times this game were criminal and we're so lucky we weren't punished.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say fatigue is a reasonable argument considering the size of our squad (someone's got to be held accountable), though I'm worried Utd (club, players & fans) are letting their standards slip. In our pomp we'd have 2 XIs capable of winning this game blindfolded, even if they were playing multiple times a week every week.

I know we're playing kids at the back but surely the defensive lapses should not be that severe and happen that often, a total battering is coming our way soon if we don't fix this sh*t
Original post by GreenOut

I'd say fatigue is a reasonable argument considering the size of our squad (someone's got to be held accountable), though I'm worried Utd (club, players & fans) are letting their standards slip. In our pomp we'd have 2 XIs capable of winning this game blindfolded, even if they were playing multiple times a week every week.

I know we're playing kids at the back but surely the defensive lapses should not be that severe and happen that often, a total battering is coming our way soon if we don't fix this sh*t

Yeah I agree we've let our standards slip so far down but times have changed unfortunately. I'm sure the good times will return but for now, we just gotta weather this ****storm.

We play a possession based style of football and focus on building from the back so I guess we may make mistakes in vital defensive areas every now and then. What annoys the **** out of me is we've had 18 or so months to adapt to this play style yet we still make mistakes at the back. TFM can be let off the hook but even Blind was making mistakes.

One of the positives tonight was the change of tempo. Usually we would have slowly kept probing with the ball but we knew we needed to win tonight and the passing got sharper and quicker. I don't like seeing Martial on the right tho, he looked a bit limited out there but still made intelligent runs inside his opposing fullback.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So we play **** and still win.
Ill take that any day of the week.

Imperative we win on Sunday. If Spurs win then we'll be a point behind Arsenal:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys at the start of the season were trying to tell me Depay is weak too

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Yeah I agree we've let our standards slip so far down but times have changed unfortunately. I'm sure the good times will return but for now, we just gotta weather this ****storm.

We play a possession based style of football and focus on building from the back so I guess we may make mistakes in vital defensive areas every now and then. What annoys the **** out of me is we've had 18 or so months to adapt to this play style yet we still make mistakes at the back. TFM can be let off the hook but even Blind was making mistakes.

One of the positives tonight was the change of tempo. Usually we would have slowly kept probing with the ball but we knew we needed to win tonight and the passing got sharper and quicker. I don't like seeing Martial on the right tho, he looked a bit limited out there but still made intelligent runs inside his opposing fullback.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The mistakes were ridiculous tonight but it is worth noting that Watford have probably the two hardest working forwards in the league who for a good 70 minutes of the game were constantly in the faces of Blind and TFM.
Original post by mojojojo101
The mistakes were ridiculous tonight but it is worth noting that Watford have probably the two hardest working forwards in the league who for a good 70 minutes of the game were constantly in the faces of Blind and TFM.

Yeah that's a fair point. Watford also pay an old fashion 4-4-2 so maybe Blind and TFM wouldn't have been under that much pressure had it only been 1 striker up top. Its still worrying tho, we've made defensive mistakes in many games this season whether its failing to even challenge for the ball or just simply passing the ball back to the keeper without being aware of an opposition player. Luckily this game we weren't punished and its nice to have some luck. Huge win tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NJA
Dood, there is life outside football.

What's that got to do with anything? It's not like he left football.
Didn't watch the game last night, but saw Mata's free-kick and it was excellent. His set-piece quality is great, and apparently DDG made his ability known once more.

I heard Rashford and Martial both struggled in the game, but LVG swapped their roles and put the former out wide and the latter through the middle, and they automatically became more dangerous as a result.
Original post by Dirtybit
Guys at the start of the season were trying to tell me Depay is weak too

You can see he never skips leg day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mata surely needs to take free kicks closer to goal all the time, has a good technique. Watford are a good team under their manager so not surprising they played well and we maybe feeling Sunday's exertions. Away atm, and well worth staying up till 2.40am to see that goal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
You can see he never skips leg day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mirin the effort
Who said Memphis isn't hench af.
Original post by Rk2k14
Who said Memphis isn't hench af.

strong not hench

Oh and Pimped did

Basically conclusion: Memphis is a short ugly ****er who'd get the **** beaten out of him by 50% of the league

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3523623&page=62&highlight=memphis+fight

Kenan said Darmian would beat up Memphis too on the previous page
(edited 8 years ago)
strong not hench

Oh and Pimped did

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3523623&page=62&highlight=memphis+fight

Same thing man.

Kenan is also baked half the time so not surprised.

Yeah but Darmian would take anyone one-on-one using dirty tactics
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Yeah but Darmian would take anyone one-on-one using dirty tactics

By pulling their shirt?
By pulling their shirt?

Yeah, or poking them in their eye etc.

Ffs. Talking about a bare knuckle gypsy fight.

Not Mean Girls.

Latest