The Student Room Group

Is newcastle a good university for law ?

i know its ranked highly but i am curious about job opportunities
Reply 1
Yes.

And the city is a good place to work for law, they have big hitters like Ward Hadaway and Bond Dickinson.
Great university, hate the accents though. Soz Geordies. :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Mimir
Yes.

And the city is a good place to work for law, they have big hitters like Ward Hadaway and Bond Dickinson.

i have an offer from newcastle for law foundation year leading to llb but i also have offers from coventry and city university for direct llb admission. which should i choose from a career point view, you know will the extra year in newcastle be worth it ?
Reply 4
i have an offer from newcastle for law foundation year leading to llb but i also have offers from coventry and city university for direct llb admission. which should i choose from a career point view, you know will the extra year in newcastle be worth it ?
Original post by Argentinababy
Great university, hate the accents though. Soz Geordies. :wink:
Original post by Anisar95

Yes, it will be worth it. Newcastle is a strong university. Coventry and City are not.
Reply 6

It's up to you. You end up with an LLB at the end of it, which is a fairly standard qualification.

Newcastle has good links for networking. The University also holds quite a good Law Fair where the bigger firms come and make themselves available for questions. Honestly, I've never heard of Coventry having an active or remotely impressive legal "scene." I could be very wrong.

A foundation year would do you no harm in the long run I suppose, make sure it is covered by your student loan (or however you are financing your degree) and that the entry requirements are realistic for you.

You should weigh up the city and university reputation against the entry requirements. The qualification you get is the same wherever, but the connections and experiences afforded you in Newcastle may be better. But then again, Coventry might be perfect too.

TSR has plenty of threads on those cities and have a look at the websites for the Universities.
(edited 8 years ago)

Is that even a question? Coventry and City graduates would probably be competing for entry paralegal and secretarial jobs if they are lucky,Newcastle on the other hand dominates in the North East and Newcastle students' representation is reasonable both in solicitors firms and at the Bar.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest