The Student Room Group

Should I sleep with my hair wet?

As title says I'm currently debating wether I should sleep with my hair wet... I've never done it before so don't know the pros and cons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Pros: hair is wet Cons: Dry's when you sleep.
Incredibly uncomfortable and will make your pillows and stuff damp which could mean you'll have to change them :yep: I'd say it's a no-go imo
I do it when it's not fully wet and a little dry to save time before school and to save my hair from heat (I used to dye it a lot, but I have naturally very straight hair so it didn't bother me, and I tend to do things late at night) and it hasn't made me ill or anything, just prepare to wake up with bushier hair. I also plaited it to make it wavy for the morning :smile:
Reply 4
Just uncomfortable I guess.

The whole 'catch a cold' thing is a bit of a myth I think. :tongue:

Do it. Live dangerously. :wink:
Reply 5
I wrap my hair in a towel and sleep with it wet. I don't get my pillows wet and it's not uncomfortable. I just cba drying it before I go to sleep.
Well you will end up with a wet pillow, and you may be a little colder and more uncomfortable, but hey, why not step over to the wild side for a change?

There's an old myth that wet hair leads to colds but it doesn't, so there aren't really any genuine cons, or pros to sleeping with wet hair!
I did it many times in secondary school never did me any harm
Original post by AccountingBabe
As title says I'm currently debating wether I should sleep with my hair wet... I've never done it before so don't know the pros and cons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do all the time and I'm frequently told by people (including hairdressers) that my hair is super healthy because of it! It might be a little uncomfortable but I usually put it in a really high pony tail and then its fine! It also gets quite a nice wave by the morning too!
I do, and it goes really wavy in the morning, which I like :tongue: but it goes bit flat as well....:s-smilie:
Ok I'm now sporting a bun and preparing my overnight experiment lol I like to be cold when I sleep anyways but tonight I shall close the window.
:colonhash:

Not a good idea?

Wanna get sick?
Ok I'm now sporting a bun and preparing my overnight experiment lol I like to be cold when I sleep anyways but tonight I shall close the window.

You do accounting?! Wait don't go to bed!

I have a question!! What is discounting compared to compounding?!!!!!
Reply 13
Original post by Gryffindorian
:colonhash:

Not a good idea?

Wanna get sick?

Sleeping with wet hair doesn't make you sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Sleeping with wet hair doesn't make you sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't it? It's...wet. :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Doesn't it? It's...wet. :s-smilie:

You tie it up and put a towel on your pillow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You do accounting?! Wait don't go to bed!

I have a question!! What is discounting compared to compounding?!!!!!

Compounding is when you find the Future value of money and discounting is when you find the value of future money in the present I think.
What a weird question lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Compounding is when you find the Future value of money and discounting is when you find the value of future money in the present I think.
What a weird question lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are my angel. I currently have a project to do and I need to explain it!!

The value of future money? A real world example please? :colondollar:

Such as in the year 2018 you have £100 how much does that actually mean in terms on the present value as money X time = change in value.
As such you would say the current rate is 10% and the equation would be £100x(1+10%^-years)= £83 which is what £100 in the future is worth in terms of the value of money today and then compounding is just the opposite so the equation would be £100x(1+10%^years) = £121
Or something like that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's basically used to decide wether you should invest money or spend it now depending on interest rates and market rates.
I hope I didn't confuse you lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending