The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
I just think the reactions are comedy gold.
As if we didn't expect Arsenal to crumble...like they do every season?

The reason why people dislike this set of fans is because you feel like you deserve victory and success. You don't think you need to earn it; you feel like you're entitled to it because you're Arsenal.

Maybe if your players and manager put some effort and tactics in to your games, you'd get some. Can't rely on Özil forever...

I know what you're saying, the reactions are are usually very much OTT but I don't understand this point.

What can the fans do to 'earn' it?

They work hard all week then end up paying extortionate prices to watch the same players not put in as much effort to win these all-important matches. It's not just about winning the games, the fans aren't ignorant to think that we should be winning every game. But when we lose by committing the same mistakes and falling at the exact same hurdles every year, then the fans will undoubtedly go berserk. They deserve more than that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Post Wenger we need a proper hatchet man in the dugout. I'd like to see us move more towards a defensive minded rigid tactical system tbh.

Knowing our board they'd probably go all out for Roberto Martinez
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5162
Original post by sevchenko
Post Wenger we need a proper hatchet man in the dugout. I'd like to see us move more towards a rigid tactical system tbh.

Knowing our board they'd probably go all out for Roberto Martinez

ye
Can't wait for Spurs to pump you on Saturday and put you out of the title race, then we move to 1 point behind you..
so glad I didn't wake up in the middle of the night to watch that shitfest..

cant deal with arsenal.. litterally start to get a bit of confidence back after the united game.. and then this.

I think wenger sat there and thought 'damn, I was convinced that loosing to united would end our title hopes.. but it seems the fixtures are actually kind enough that we could still win.. guess we will have to loose at home to a **** swansea to really cement our fate'

United away is forgivable.. swansea at home is not.

Atleast all the other top4 also dropped points.

(but looking over our shoulder begins now.. united were 10pts behind 5 days ago.. now they are 4pts behind)
Walcott almost plays like he doesn't even care anymore now. Liability.
Original post by Lúcio
I love how fickle you are.

I like Arsenal as a club but they're genuinely the funniest fan base when something goes wrong.
Everything is so dramatic; the world is ending every time you don't win a game.

Watch you thrash Spurs 4-0 now.
#wengerin

Wenger in? He hasn't won a league title since 2004. This season was gifted for him to win the league with Leicester City and Tottenham being our competitors, and we're already bottling it. He's not even tactically astute anymore, he doesn't know how to spend, he doesn't even know how to develop players anymore, and that sums up why we've only been able to win 2 trophies in the past 10 years. And don't tell me winning the FA cup is something special. I mean it's good that we won it twice consecutively but even Wigan won it fairly recently. Wenger is nothing special now, let alone even good. He's taken this too far, he needs to retire this season.
Original post by johnd45
Wenger in? He hasn't won a league title since 2004. This season was gifted for him to win the league with Leicester City and Tottenham being our competitors, and we're already bottling it. He's not even tactically astute anymore, he doesn't know how to spend, he doesn't even know how to develop players anymore, and that sums up why we've only been able to win 2 trophies in the past 10 years. And don't tell me winning the FA cup is something special. I mean it's good that we won it twice consecutively but even Wigan won it fairly recently. Wenger is nothing special now, let alone even good. He's taken this too far, he needs to retire this season.

That guy is trolling us
Time for some Arsenal Fan TV and chill
We insist on having the ball too often. The opposition only has to stop us scoring for the first 25 minutes, that'll frustrate our players into making errors and shifting the game in the opposition's favour.
No, injuries cannot be blamed. Or luck. We can write this season off if we continue to play like this. But then again, good end - of - season form would keep Wenger in the job longer.
There are tons of managers that could fill Wenger's boots. Tom Schaaf, the man that gave Ozil his breakthrough and also knows Mertesacker from his time at Bremen? Some have been considering Pellegrini since he's available in the summer and we bought Cazorla and Monreal off him. And a real outsider would be Daniel Sanchez, who managed Giroud and Koscielny at Tours and is not related to Alexis :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5171
Don't think I've ever gone into a NLD this worried.

No Cech & Kosc essentially means "take us apart, you *****"

Fml it's tough being an Arsenal fan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5172
Leicester have only lost 3 games all season.. (so in 28 games).

In their last 10, we need them to lose at least 2 more (possibly 3) if we are to win the league

Defo not gonna happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5173
To explain how **** we've been.. Chelsea have lost two more games than we have

That's ****ing embarrassing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Leicester have only lost 3 games all season.. (so in 28 games).

In their last 10, we need them to lose at least 2 more (possibly 3) if we are to win the league

Defo not gonna happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Strong not including draws...

Not saying we are in any way going to win the league, but Leicester are averaging 2 points a game pretty much exactly. So you'd expect them to drop 19 points jn their last 10 based on the same logic you're using
Reply 5175
Also, why the **** don't we play to the wistle? I can think of three goals at the top of my head the were conceded following a foul that wasn't given.. where snaps out of concentration and tries to appeal

Posted from TSR Mobile
When Wenger leaves (hopefully sooner rather than later) is any top club really going to want to take him on as manager? The last few years have proven that he is incapable of managing at the top level any more.
Reply 5177
Original post by leinad2012
Strong not including draws...

Not saying we are in any way going to win the league, but Leicester are averaging 2 points a game pretty much exactly. So you'd expect them to drop 19 points jn their last 10 based on the same logic you're using

Strong understanding of my post...

We are 6 points behind them - with 10 games to go we would need them to lose 2/3 games and for us to go on a ruthless run. Considering they have only lost 3 times so far, it seems even less likely (and we will obv not go on any run). Draws won't do too much, it'll probably take the race down to the last few games (where we have city at the Ethiad [providing we're still in around the top of the league.. lol])
Reply 5178
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
When Wenger leaves (hopefully sooner rather than later) is any top club really going to want to take him on as manager? The last few years have proven that he is incapable of managing at the top level any more.

Nah Arsenal is his life - he will probably retire
Reply 5179
Don't think Bergkamp is likely tbh, he doesn't do flying so for the majority of the CL games he won't even be with us :lol:

Latest